Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

Nameless Priest Wrote:
Fruityla Wrote:*Sighs* I thought we WEREN'T pointing fingers here. Well, just to get it out there, it's also our fault for not assigning a dedicated healer to him. Also, the tight, pitch-black tunnels were working against us...BIG TIME.

But enough of that.

It's clear that traditional, magical, methods of healing aren't working here. There are some wounds that just can't be healed by magic...the scars I bear on my body are proof of that. However, I find it a little odd that many of us fell in that raid, but we all managed to get back up. Yet Vitus didn't...perhaps he was cursed somehow? I think we should look into that. As well as anti-cursing methods if I turn out to be right.
"Lady Linnea, a pure randomized theoretical answer is not what we are looking for. With the given possibility that it is a curse upon a saint is already slim to none, there is no plan or any degree of certainty to your claims. Given the critical situation, I don't have the time to stop to think of the mild possibilities, and even then, to think of an answer against only the theoretical. I need to help St. Vitus to his recovery now before the situation worsens, or the followers of Eudoxie and the Dark Allegiance set off to their next advances..."

"You're so quick to throw out the idea of St Vitus being cursed, when it's a very real possibility. Sure, he's a holy saint and well-versed against demons and the like, but at the same time I'd think being holy would make him even MORE vulnerable to the darkness.

Rather than babble on for hours on end about how all this works, I'm going to give you the short verison; Light is weak against Dark. The same is true vice versa; Dark is weak against Light. Considering there were MANY creatures of the dark present at the time, it is quite possible that St Vitus being a holy being caused him to fall prey to some sort of curse from the attack of a dark creature. (OOC: Refer to the Holy element and Shadow/Undead element relationship. They're both weak against each other)

The fact he hasn't responded to the treatment of several powerful priests over the past few weeks raises a red flag to me. I'm reminded of a little girl that I treated as an acolyte. She had been cursed by a zombie and was stricken very ill and slowly dying. Eventually, I was able to cure her with a mere Blessing spell. Since St Vitus is a saint, the curse must be MUCH STRONGER to have left him in his current state. Therefore, it will require a stronger magic to cure.

I recall my father, who is a high priest, using a very powerful spell to lift curses of the nature that I speak of. For this he required a few catalysts before he could cast the spell;

10 Holy Water
5 Yggdrasil Leaves
1 Holy Thread
3 Red Gemstones
3 Yellow Gemstones
3 Blue Gemstone

The holy waters would then be doused over the wound(s) and the holy thread placed over the victim's body. The Yggdrasil leaves are then consumed by the caster. The caster casts the spell, using the gemstones up in the process. One this is done, the victim will be free of the curse and fully healed.

However, we need to return St Vitus first before we can do anything. But leave that to us heroes No1 We'll bring him back safe and sound."

OOC: Kinda surprised I came up with a way to defend the curse idea, really o_O;;

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
11-02-2008 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE:??[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition - Fruityla - 11-02-2008 03:29 PM