Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing?
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing?

I know there's already a "Who plays something?" thread.??In fact I necroed it back in October of 2007 after it was inactive for ten months!??xD

Anywho, I want to know who here plays an instrument and what are they currently doing with that instrument???Learning your chords, scales, coils???Practicing a certain technique???Trying to get down that one song you love or your teacher is making you learn???Writing your own music???Maybe you're getting ready to melt faces at the club.??I wanna know!

What are you learning, practicing, playing, or writing???What is your favorite thing to play???What make and model of instrument is it?

I play the guitar, violin, and piano.??I can also play the bass like any other guitarist, but I don't own one.??xp

My acoustic guitar (Dean Contour - Onyx) is in pawn with my PC, but when it comes out I'd like to learn this.??I mainly use it for well, acoustic and classical pieces.??=p
My favorite song to play on it is Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven".

On my electric (Dean Dime-o-Flame) I play everything I do on the acoustic plus metal.??My favorite song to play on it is Beethoven's "Fur Elise" (the super-low action makes it so much easier than the acoustic).??I'm currently learning "Thunderhorse" by Dethklok.
I have the first full minute down except for the crazy sweep part.??I can't sweep.??Cry??I also have the riff between the two chunk-riffs at 1:00 and 1:25.??I need to learn those two chunk riffs, but the rhythm is insane.??I just need to practice it like the sweeping.??I'd love to be able to sweep.??Cry
btw - "Sweeping" refers to a "sweep arpeggio" in which one strums a chord but only plays each note on each string individually.??As one can imagine this takes a great amount of dexterity, left-hand speed, and left/right-hand coordination.??Ok

My other guitar is a Squier Stratocaster in black but it is currently retired.??I've had it since I was 14 and it's now covered in black duct tape and a few fret wires have deep cuts in them from when I used to smoke pot and thought it'd be cool to play it like a dulcimer... >_>

I play through a Roland Micro-CUBE.??I did have a nice setup, but it got stolen out of a friend's garage.??1986 Marshall Master Lead Combo, Boss Metal Core distortion pedal, Dunlop Crybaby Classic wah pedal, and a Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb pedal.??All stolen.??Cry

I also have a violin.??It is brandless and I know nothing on it save for The seven Suzuki "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" variations (not a fan of the Suzuki method...) and "Jack's Lament" from The Nightmare Before Christmas which I taught myself!??Icon_biggrin

I have a keyboard but I don't know anything official on it.??I mainly write my own stuff on it which I then throw into FL Studio.??I then turn a bunch of them into beats which I give to my rapper friend, LOK.
btw, he does horrorcore rap, so watch out for explicit content.??Icon_wink I'm not even sure if it's a good idea to post that link here on HeRO!??Laugh

That's about it for me!??How about everyone else???=D

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
08-01-2009 04:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing? - Whispers - 08-01-2009 04:38 AM