Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?
DoctahW Offline
Wants a Whitesmith

Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal?

I would honestly like to know why so many people on this forum detest the thought of Renewal. I've gone over the changes, and quite frankly, I like them for the most part.

After all, come Renewal, there's less of a dependence on cards, and more on the attack power of weapons for one. One of kRO's goals with Renewal was to reduce dependence on slot amount, and more on the weapon itself.

For example, in current RO, it's generally agreed that a Composite Bow[4] is much more desirable than a Luna Bow[2]. A level 2 (Or is it level 1? I forget.) weapon with 29 attack power that's relatively easy to obtain is capable of much more damage than a level 3 weapon with 100 attack power that is really only dropped by some of the more difficult to kill enemies just because you can fit more cards in the Composite?

I can see that they succeeded in removing dependence on card amount by separating the basic attack power given from your status, and the attack power of the weapon. So in Renewal, cards only affect weapon attack power, making a bloody-boned Luna Bow do more damage to demihumans than a 2xBloody 2xBoned Composite Bow due in part to higher weapon attack.

But enough rambling on that. I'd be fascinated in hearing why most of HeRO seems to truly dislike Renewal. All I ask is to attempt to keep civil. ...And if this is in the wrong forum, please do correct my mistake and move it if it does not fit here.

~My characters? May as well...~

Borha - Level 8x/4x Professor (Not on much...)
Kurim - Level 7x/3x High Priest
SomeNoobWizard - level 9x/50 Wiz
Wilopolis - level 6x/3x Alchemist
Dr. Strangely Weird - level 6x/3x Bard
10-04-2009 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why is there so much hostility/dislike towards Renewal? - DoctahW - 10-04-2009 02:10 PM