Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Desperately looking for a summer job
Enobmah Offline
Western folk hoe-down

Desperately looking for a summer job

??????Hey all. So close around my area of Glendale Arizona, I've been trying to apply at the following places like Fry's food & drug grocery store, Best Buy, Borders, Barnes&Nobles, or any job other than a fast food restaurant. Most of the time all of the retails are done online in order for the application to be processed.

??????One by one, I would try calling the stores and keep asking them how my application went. After the call, I would get a response such as, "The manager will give you a call back once the file is looked upon." As I wait to hear back from those stores, I've been feeling a little anxious if I will get the job or not. It seems to stress me out when I am trying to go for it.

?? Either one of two things can happen here: I can wait and wait until they give me a direct call or they might not get to me and I will have to restart the application form again. It really worries me when that happens. There are tons of people who want to get a summer job besides me and make a living. I just hope soon I will get one of these jobs as summer begins.
????

??So guys, from your personal experience for job hunting what advice or suggestions can you give me to effectively to be one of the candidates to be hired on the spot by the time school/community college comes to a close? =]

Okay, update on the job hunting today: I walked out and went to the target retail store and said they were hiring for backroom team assistant which is a part of the Logistics position of the job and I applied for it, then hopefully as soon as my finals are over I expect to get a call from them before summer starts. I have my fingers crossed on this very job that I am interested in. If I get this job, I'll be so happy that I will celebrate. For reals this time.

Showing support for [Image: CBBanner2.png], even though I'm not part of the guild. =]
[Image: images.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 06:23 PM by Enobmah.)
04-16-2010 01:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Desperately looking for a summer job - Enobmah - 04-16-2010 01:10 AM