Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you liked One Piece then...
myriea Offline

If you liked One Piece then...

Fairy Tail is a must watch!

The artist used to be an assistant for Eiichiro Oda (the artist of One Piece), so the drawing style is really, really really similar... Hence some may not like very much... but if you're a One Piece fan, I'm sure you won't mind it at all!

What's so good about it?
Simple, I can foresee a future with this anime... aka. potential, like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, and any other large scale anime/manga. And also the fact that it's somewhat new, means it's not too late to start (without spending sleepless nights trying to catch up to the most recent episode/chapter).

Right, but what is it about?

A young celestial wizard, Lucy Heartfilia, travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for a dragon named Igneel, with his best friend, Happy. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer. He offers her membership into the guild, which she accepts, and they become a team performing various missions for the Fairy Tail guild.

Yeah well, got that bit off Wikipedia, but the main idea of this anime/manga is again (similar to One Piece), about friendship, and the bond of this 'Fairytail' guild. Like One Piece, it also goes into rather detail explaination of every character, their personalities, history, and very much even if they're the bad guys, you get to learn about their past and why they've become so.

There's also small bits of sweet romance involved for those that care (not the main story, but well, later... you'll need to watch/read to find out hehe). Since... One Piece really did lack romance if I'm not wrong (yes, I've followed One Piece for the past 5 out of 10 years since it's been played as anime).

----------------------------------------
Here's the link for online streamings of the anime: http://www.fairytailepisode.com/

And it's got over 180+ chapters on onemanga.com already, so yes, if you prefer manga, search there. Icon_smile

While I'm on the topic, you could also check out this manga called Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (name on OneManga.com; the to in Japanese actually means 'and'), they've just started airing the drama for this manga last week in Japan (first episode), but I ended up falling asleep during the drama... So I'd say the drama isn't worthy of watching (they've changed too much in the drama).

Now, comment, flame me, bump this, whatever... leave something, hehe.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2010 05:38 AM by myriea.)
04-28-2010 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
If you liked One Piece then... - myriea - 04-28-2010 05:15 AM
RE: If you liked One Piece then... - micer - 05-04-2010, 05:20 PM