Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dragon Manteau and Nidhoggur MVP?
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

RE: Dragon Manteau and Nidhoggur MVP?

You might consider SoV to be available, yet I never see a SoV in Prontera shop. It might be ~30 mln, but can you really buy one not having connections? Especially when everybody and their dog tries to combo it with ToH armour?

It is even worse than the Dragon Killer dagger - I heard there are many of those from guild dungeons, yet to get one I had to put up a rare item. No way to buy one in Pront.

I am not talking about zeny. Zeny is indeed easy to get, even playing regularly (I don't have problems with zeny and I never fish or mine - I just play in more difficult dungeons and vend loots in Pront, with Mavka hunting detours from time to time). I am talking about availability or perceived availability.

---

Still, this thread is not about zeny or affordability - it is about availability of a Dragon Manteau.

What would get broken if this impossible to get combo would get slightly more possible to get? I mean: which equipment would be made useless (except of P[1]+U[1], which with introduction of a new set would hit the market and let other, newer people buy Kavach Undershirts and carded panties for much lower price, reducing the gap between those of us who play longer and those who came not long ago)? This could be a second - inferior - alternative to ToH wings + SoV.

At this moment Dragon Manteau is worth ~60~70 mln zeny to me (I'd have to borrow LOTS of zeny to get it I guess...). In case it was moved to any killable monster in Nidhoggur2, it would drop to ~30 mln and I would have even more motivation to go there hunt it, not only 'it is fun'. More parties would get assembled there and before the market got somewhat saturated older players would get even richer - but that is ok, as the newer players would have the gear and zeny is technically useless, unless you use a high-upkeep class. In time Dragon Manteau cost would fall down, Nidhoggur Dungeon would get some love it deserves (it is an awesome dungeon) and non-ToHers would have decent stuff as well.

If this is a Nidhoggur MVP drop, I can only buy this item and I cannot plan to get it. Honestly, it is useless. If it is a Duneyrr drop (for example), I can sit and plan "ok, I have class X, Y and Z in party. How do I kill a Duneyrr to get it".

---

Besides, what do you disagree with? My analysis or a SoV part? If it is a Skin of Ventus, I concede my point - I don't want to derail this thread so I agree with you after adding the above clarification.

Is my analysis incorrect or did I miss anything important about Dragon Manteau? Why 'it is fine as it is' - in other words, why is Dragon Manteau dropped by Nidhoggur MVP superior to Dragon Manteau dropped by Duneyrr?

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
05-17-2010 03:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragon Manteau and Nidhoggur MVP? - Irxallis - 05-17-2010 03:39 AM