Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: ??found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit

GM-Circe Wrote:If you're in a party, autofollowing, AFK, while the party is killing things/leveling, then potentially, yes, as the very definition of AFK leveling is leveling while AFK.

If you're running around/moving and not responding to a GM, then you look exactly like a bot does.

First, is AFK leveling against the rules? is there a rule that says you cannot level while being AFK or leeching is against the rules?

And on the second one bots cast skills and kill things usually hunting things of value or are leveling. GMs should rather, take into consideration that they might be autofollowing because the other members of the party want to help this person level and would vouch for them in saying that they are not botting but they are infact autofollowing them. There is a difference between autofollowing and botting since the autofollower would not be doing any direct damage to monsters or anything but it is simply following a player. Now if the player that is being autofollowed is a botter i can see both players being accountable however if it is not i dont see how that is fair. If it is against the rules can you show me where?

Edit: No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

This is the closest thing i found however it doesnt say you cannot autofollow a player thats bringing in the experiance for both players *shrug*.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:04 AM by thecursed.)
06-27-2010 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ??found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit - thecursed - 06-27-2010 02:59 AM