Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

Rule number 8 of the server states this:

" * Do Not Cheat
If you find a bug or abuse, please report it in the ticketing system :

http://ticket.hero-server.net"

Not only MUST you report a bug if you find it, but you must also not abuse of it. Some players have found a juicy bug and have decided to exploit it viciously.

Icon_evil

I speak for my self when I say this, but I think the other GM would agree. I HATE cheaters, I hate their guts for thinking they could get away with it, I hate their lack of respect for the other players, I hate them just as much as I hate botters. I'd say I'm a pretty nice person overall, but piss me off and you will find hell! So recently we discovered how people abused of a "bug" and we went on a crusade to find those &?%$#@!$?* cheaters.

With this bug some players, with the help of a cheat, were going back to the training ground where some NPC give you free levels, with the help of this bug, some players have leveled effortlessly.

Below is a list of all the people who are getting a PERMANENT BAN for abusing of this bug with one or more of their characters (in bold are the characters we cought so far and around them all characters associated to the cheater).

You don't find it fair? TOO BAD, you didn't have to cheat. We wont hear any excuses, the GMs have agreed on this, it was a common decision to perma-ban the cheaters we found. There will be no "my little brother did it" or "it was somebody else on my account", you are responsible for your ip and your login/password.

I think I speak for the GM team when I say that we are both deeply desapointed and also pretty pissed to see how some of our players have cheated, and we don't want any of these people back on our server (thus the perma ban and ip ban in some cases).

We are still looking into the logs to find more cheaters, it's a tedious and boring task and we would much rather spend our time working on positive things for the server, rather than having to look for stupid cheaters. If you are not on this list but have abused of this bug, know that we will find you one day or another. If you wish to come forth and confess & appologise, you will get temporary ban and some level loss intead of a permanent ban.

For anyone after reading this who would feel like trying out cheating (And I hope no one is stupid enough to do that?!), for your information, we changed the coding of the npc in order to prevent anyone but a novice under level 10 from gaining free levels in the training ground area.

As for our good non-cheating players, we haven't forgotten about you, we appreciate your honesty and to reward you we will hold many event associated with this during the next 2 weeks with the stuff of those cheaters as the rewards.

The cheaters:

(xXIKura1_Kum0IXx, -=Adelaide=-, xo0Kan3xo, xIAdrenalineIx)
(BUDDHA, imanassassin, Chewbacca, SoulSteaker0324, Watcher, Comenshi)
(HealingMist, dfgdfg, Kairi Ryutsu, xlAdre3nalin3xl)
(xKeira Avalonx)

(Gambit, Rock Lee, Nova, noob1, Shadow, Hatake Kakashi, Domingo, Super Nova, Magus)
(Sakura, Tenten, Zelda, Linda, Tournament, Tifa)
(Dycin, Antonio)

(Bathazard, SoulStealer, Bathazard_100106, Chaotic, Roy...., Jango Fett)
(ChaosSin, Samoko)

(Winry, Kaede's, Aeris, Tinkerbell, Winry.)
(Amanda_Yoh, Crawler, rikku)
(Pomelo)

(Sora Aihara, Could Natus)
(Kurosaki, Ishida Uryuu)
(Daisuke83, With)
(distortedMIND, Screaming, Miko, Hot Pocket)
(Danishbread, Skidaatle, Jazzle, Clueless, Applejuice)
(Shattered)
(Pinwheels)
(Satoshi, Takeshi, Kdra, Kikuchi)
(kilROy)
(superdude)
(Naru)
(Claire)

(Acalanata, Magno)
(Batman)

(Drake, ..Cold..)
(Steve Vai, Cold, Morroc, morrroc, Joe Satriani, John)
(Lyaly, ..Nina.., ..Nina.., Nininha)

(Hina,Hiname, tyvm, New1, New1_1203, Nyoming, Hina Mi, Hinali, Hina.fan)

(Sheep, Lamb)

This might seem like a lot of ppl, but it's actually just about 8 different ip, some people just have way too many characters.

And what's the moral of the story kids? Cheating is bad! >_>

Icon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evil

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-03-2006 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters) - GM-Pandora - 04-03-2006 09:04 PM