Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread
Former-GM-Forge Offline

RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

Yes, the timer attaches to the person who starts the wave. So if Circe started it, the timer would attach to Circe. If I started it, it would attach to me. That is what a player based timer is. That is why, when Glyph DC'd, the ToH Monster Trial broke. Is that clear enough?

Do you know if the script will res people and warp them out of the area when the next wave is started, Shinigami? I know it is possible to do it, as does Circe. Circe did not know at the time that the script did not cover that possibility, but knew that it was possible that it did cover it. Circe also did not know if it would cause more problems related to individual participants ToH scores if the players were manually res'd and removed from the lanes. Without access to the script, knowing that the people are in there does not help at all. There was no way for them to know that the players would not be res'd and warped out of the lanes when the next wave was started, except by starting the next wave. So yes, it is covered in EVERYTHING they have access to. No access to the script means no access to the knowledge of what would happen to those people.

Glyph has information on how to run it if nothing goes wrong. If something does go wrong, he has no information on how to fix it. Where is his compensation? I don't think the attitude he was given counts as fair compensation for trying his best to fix a problem noone ever had before.

What's wrong with GMs asking you to be a little patient and lienient when a brand new problem arises that they do not have the access to completely and properly deal with, instead of you having a go at them? Fairness issue.

As for Glyphs response. It is somewhat inappropriate, yes, but you have been pushing it. We have explained to you repeatedly now, and you seem to fail to understand. You do not have all the information, and therefore are not in a position to tell the GMs what they should have done.

Edit: Ptah, the timer never reached 0 because it was destroyed when Glyph was DC'd. Therefore the usual things that happen at the time it reaches 0 did not happen. Circe knew this. What Circe COULD NOT KNOW was that there was no failsafe in the script at the start of the next timer to make sure those things that were supposed to have happened did happen.
The GMs had 3 options:
-Do what they did to try and get things running again.
-Wait an indeterminate amount of time for Pandora to arrive.
-End the monster trial right there and continue with the ToH's other trials.

If you want to start pulling the Final Rule, I'll pull it straight back. You are all hindering *my* playing experience by continuing this discussion. I could be massacring orcs right now.

[Image: ForgeSig.png]
01-29-2012 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread - GM-Forge - 01-29-2012 02:44 PM