Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

I'm not sure how you "wonder why it attached to the GM" while having a go at Glyph for apparently not realising "that there's a very high chance and very logical for the timer to be attached to him as the starter of the wave?"
That's just a huge contradiction. :X

As I explained in the post, we continued with the next wave, because, logically, if the timer was player based, we assumed that there would likely also be something in it to counter that situation. We don't have the script, do we couldn't just look at it and go "Okay, there's not!".

Those lists of players you are mentioning are in the chatlogs. We do not have access to those. When doing checks on them, as well as item logs, for other things, we must request them from Panda. That's the way it is.
DC-crashing wiped our personal chats, as the client closed, obviously, and aside from players who it would be missing on due to guildchat, lane chat, main chat, again, we'd be counting on player honesty to decide who runs again, etc.
The fact that only about half the people who entered wave 3 could get in means that about half the players had already run, and were trying to again, either accidentally, through misunderstanding, or to try and sneak in for more points.. :/

We HAVE been trying to explain. We're being met with NAHUH every step of the way.
We did our best to troubleshoot exactly what could and couldn't be done, and attempt to fix it.
The only alternative to this, that didn't require any troubleshooting, was to cancel either ToH or Monster Trail right there and then, and no doubt that would have probably caused more of a ruckus than this delay.
Troubleshooting was necessary. :/

Really? And just how many of "Glyph's ToH problems" are there?
This one was caused by something that could have been prevented in the script, and as Forge mentioned, was brought up ages ago as something that should be seen to. Thus, Panda was aware that the issue could happen one day.

Glyph did not make the script. Glyph can not add or remove mobs from the database.
If there were no external factors made by anyone else that affected this, ToHs would be Glyph manually summoning official mobs in every lane, one by one.
The issues that occurred stemmed, ultimately, away from anything Glyph had ever seen, made or had control over.

It is NOT part of a GMs job to cop abuse flung every way. Yes, we can accept complaints or disagreements. Those are very different from what was happening during ToH.
We volunteer for this. We don't get paid. Even paid jobs do not have to put up with the level of abuse that happened. What does this say? As a job of any sort, we don't have to put up with it.

We are NOT your punching bags.
As a player, you would not expect to undergo that level of abuse. You would have reported it, and expected punishment to be taken. Likely, in temp ban form.
At least give us the same level of basic respect that most of you feel entitled to and expect from us and the rest of the server.
To be entirely honest, if I was not so busy troubleshooting, or had logged on to see this as GM part way in, I would have been handing out mutes and the such to what I saw. It went wayyy past the line of acceptable.

That's how troubleshooting works. That's what it is. You try things and see how and if they work.
As I mentioned before, troubleshooting was necessary unless you all wanted Monster Trial or ToH flat out canceled.
We didn't know exactly what we were dealing with and we needed to find out.
Only the very, very lucky get their troubleshooting, especially with so little base information, all correct on the first try.

As for the questions, there were ones, like the capital of Antigua that were purely fact. The month I joined GMing is also fact. You can find the month right on my forum join date.
I wanted to stem away from ones that were RO related, to avoid any possible though and confusion that this may be the actual ToH trivia.
The prizes were nothing to do with ToH. First to get it correct was a gold and 2 GBs, and runners up were a few GBs. Nothing to write home about, really.

After that, and all the stress and abuse, my brain was stuttering. I had to try and think of things, that covered everyone, and if no one knew, there was still a chance of someone getting it.
Forge's favorite color IS black, and my favorite flavor of soda IS cream.
... To the point where I've been trying to find a good, homemade recipe for it so that I don't have to spend so much buying it from the store. Icon_sad

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-30-2012 03:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread - GM-Circe - 01-30-2012 03:03 AM