Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG/WoE/PvP Fixes and incentives.
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

RE: BG/WoE/PvP Fixes and incentives.

+1 to Circe =P

As to why I say "how about you script it", I only do it when someone starts claiming it's easy and would take no time. Being a CS major, I know that it always sounds easier than it really is, especially when you're restricted into a specific language. My most recent CS class is Asm based, and another language I'm good with is TI-BASIC, I'm well-versed in the thought that can go into implementation when the language is limited (like all every single game script is). This isn't Python. You can't just give it pseudocode and have it go "I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN".

With what's in the works for woepoints, the basic stuff is gonna be out for those- and that's free to get. HP and SP pots are both available from Woepoints, and both in nice, vast quantities. Considering how empty two of the three castles are for the majority of woe, it is pretty easy to farm up a ton of them.

As to the ease of getting them, BG gears are quite easy to get no matter what you do, they just take time. Just like farming cards and MvPs. Just like farming quest mats. Just like making lv4 weapons. Just like all these other PvM pursuits. The difference? The items from it do not need to be farmed from a monster that is camped on a two-hour respawn timer. It's a one-hour timer that can be reset more frequently using keys.

The point is, this server was designed based on a lot of >work<, and doing these things would kinda go against that. You make them sound like they're unobtainable, and yet, that soul linker of mine has earned herself a full Glorious armor set (800 points), a MoH for my esma linker (400 points), and is now working on the Warlock set and weapon for my wizy. Just like farming a card, persistence and patience are key.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-20-2012 12:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BG/WoE/PvP Fixes and incentives. - ABlueJelly - 02-20-2012 12:20 AM