Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Pet Skills
Sepzane Offline

RE: Custom Pet Skills

This may sound like a horrible idea, but I believe that pets who have a greater food upkeep than the others should have slightly flashier or better skills/stats to compensate. I'm horrid at balancing so a lot of my ideas, especially for those higher-food upkeep pets will probably seem overpowered in some way.

One of the biggest reasons why I don't get some of the custom pets, and this is purely speaking for myself, is because the custom pets have high food requirements that don't balance with what they do. (Looting, or nothing, essentially.) While I might like a Mavka or Snow Bunny pet, going out of my way to kill my pet's friends and family in front of them to feed them just so they can look good and autoattack on the off-chance I get hit doesn't feel worth it. Looking at official pets purely, most of their food is bought in the form of pet food, instead of hunting Mavkas or Snow Bunnys to feed my cute pet that does nothing, I could buy pet food and get a heal or extra stats. Especially when the mobs don't even drop the food at a high rate sometimes making it a pain to get the food in general. Maybe it's just my lack of gear or levels on my farming characters that makes these things such a pain.

Following the 'Normal Pet' list only-
Aliot - Change food to Emveretarcon, then +10 ATK
Civil Servant - +5 Flee; +1% damage to brute
Galapago - Casts lv 1 Waterball; or +2 Vit
Garm Baby - Casts level 1 Frost Diver; or +1% resistance to water
Hillsrion - Chance to cast level 5 Sonic Blow; or Chance to cast 'Endure' on Master
Karakasa Lower his looter status to 20 or 15, have his food sold at a vendor; or add the food to another mob's loot table.
Familiar - 1% of the damage you deal regained as HP; or +1 agi
Mavka Copy of Sohee Heal; or Level 2 Earth Spike
Ninetail - Lower loot to 15/20 and sell his food; or +3 Luk; or add tofu to another mob's loot table.
Pinguicula - Casts level 5 Bless on Master; or copy of Alice heal
Snow Bunny - Sell their food; or make other mobs drop it.
Succubus +1% damage to demi-human; or +1-2% lifesteal; or (for fun) auto-cast 'Wink of Charm' on 1 near-by monster
Waste Stove - I don't know how common coal is from the mining system. Assuming it isn't that common, implement a new item called 'Charcoal' (RMS #7892) and have 'mining themed' mobs drop it (Pitman, Geiarth, Skeleton worker, metaling); OR change food to 'Mini Furnace'; then maybe make it throw rocks.
Wild Rose - Change the food to Sushi, buyable after the Sashimi Knife Quest; or a chance of casting level 1 Sonic Blow.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 01:18 AM by Sepzane.)
10-26-2013 01:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Custom Pet Skills - GM-Azote - 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Custom Pet Skills - demishock - 08-25-2013, 12:38 AM
RE:??Custom Pet Skills - GM-Lassander - 08-25-2013, 01:29 AM
RE: ??Custom Pet Skills - Mr. Charcanine - 08-25-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: Custom Pet Skills - GM-Pandora - 08-25-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Custom Pet Skills - Laenaya - 08-25-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: Custom Pet Skills - Mr. Charcanine - 08-25-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: Custom Pet Skills - Sepzane - 10-26-2013 01:10 AM