I don't care.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Petition To Bring Back Old SVN!
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

RE: Petition To Bring Back Old SVN!

Umm... I really wonder how you play the game, or read the forum, if half of the stuff you mention was fixed over 2 weeks ago. And it's pretty noticeable.

(09-20-2014 09:37 AM)Menace651 Wrote:  -the removal of "hit-lock". Not only does this make certain class like Wizards 10x harder to play but it also creates insane "position lag."

-Annoying cast timers for skills that are instant-cast.

(08-08-2014 09:24 PM)GM-Pandora Wrote:  ...
Changes to monsters/homunculus/Pet:[list]
[*] AI tweaked a bit.
[*] No more hitlock on boss/mvp monsters. Hitlock is back, for now.
[*] Instant cast skill have a 0.01 second of cast time to prevent abuse and because of that very short casttime they show an animation and produce a sound. We changed this back to how it was.

About how it should fix things: simple, when there's a cast bar there's extra delay on motion, that prevents spamming skills with no other delay. Which are instant cast.

Not being able to use items during storage is part of other thing: not being able to use items while talking to NPCs. It's there to prevent possible abuse/script crashing if the conditions for deleting items are not where they are supposed to be. And I really can't see a reason to use items while being in the storage that would overcome possible abuse fixing. But that's my side.

Also, I hate to disappoint, but reverting to old SvN would pretty much take much more time and effort than fixing things that people don't like, not to say it took me over a month to prepare every conversion, and I still missed lots of things.

ETA:
(09-20-2014 09:37 AM)Menace651 Wrote:  I wouldn't mind a combination of some of the new game changes while keeping the old SVN mechanics.
Sad thing but it's not happening. eAthena is dead. Moreso, you can't get only things that makes your life easier, some of them should make it hard to keep it interesting.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
09-20-2014 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition To Bring Back Old SVN! - GM-Garr - 09-20-2014 11:56 AM