Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Swordsman Glynn
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: Swordsman Glynn

I woke up seeing the dark ceiling above me with a blue tint.

"Wha-what happened?"

"Oh you're awake!"

Hearing an unfamiliar muffled voice, I look to see who it was. The person was caped in a brown mantle hiding face and body as he stares at me with the moonlight from the window blanketing him in a silhoutte.

"You got guts trying to do a stunt like that boy"

Recalling what the person said I remembered a glimpse of what happened in my duel with Herman.

The time when I was about to charge Herman, someone stopped the fight. A person who I knew for a long time who didn't give up on me after I gave up being a swordsman. He wielded a blade that many of the swordsmen knew to be difficult to use. He was Master Swordsman Alisher.

After a glimpse of what happened to the battle, I suddenly realized why I even went there.

"Indy! Where are the swordsmen!?"

The pain in my lower chest started to ache as I grasped with my left hand. It was probably from the bashing of Alisher's sword hilt. A move that I've seen him use that even those with incredible agility would have trouble to still avoid due to it's concentration.

"Calm down first, you just woke up from being bashed until you were half dead. You were lucky that I was there to take you into this inn and heal you."

I looked at my right hand which had wielded my novice dagger grasping it hard with my left as I start to hate myself for my powerless self. My emotion stirs inside as I feel like I would lose someone important to me again.

"Dammit!"

"You are an interesting one aren't you. Defying a class above a novice and even holding up against a brute."

The person came closer to look at my ugly face covered in tears of regret as he snickered. He then looked away with his back towards me as he gazes up to the moonlight outside the window.

"Do you want my help?" He said in a calm voice.

"Why do you want to help me?"

He snickered as he looks towards me again.

"You have the quality to be a hero."

A hero? Me? Those words made me laugh as I was more of a villain.

"Are you stupid, I am known as the most hated person in Izlude. A person who gave up his future just because he couldn't protect those he-"

"And that is why I chose you. You are a person who have experienced his powerlessness, a person who yearns to become strong even with his current self."

At that time I realized that I was denying myself. Those words pierced through me as it reflected the current me. I became silent as I looked down.

"..."

The atmosphere was dense as it suffocated me, I knew I had to reply but I couldn't decide. part of me wanting to deny my own self and another wanting to change myself to protect those that are close to me.

The person walked away as if he knew I needed time to answer to his question.

"I'll let you be for now, so rest while you still can. We can still catch up to the swordsmen in the morning if you feel like going."

The door closed as I looked towards the night sky and I laughed at myself for it has been a long time since I've slept without worries of a nightmarish dream. But once again just as if it was a ceremonial thing, I chanted the words that kept me sane.

" 'Forever beside you' - Ithiel "

(author noteL for some reason making this story relieves my stress with assignments coming in like a hailstorm. But then again, I'm also procrastinating as making this does take a chunk of time to create even without editing @_@ )

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 05:41 AM by Story Teller.)
02-06-2015 05:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Swordsman Glynn - Story Teller - 01-29-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - Story Teller - 01-30-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - Story Teller - 02-03-2015, 05:10 AM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - Mupfelsan - 02-03-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - GM-Rahice - 02-03-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - Story Teller - 02-04-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - Story Teller - 02-06-2015 05:40 AM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - Story Teller - 02-08-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Swordsman Glynn - GM-Rahice - 02-08-2015, 03:00 PM