Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

Lucretia and Cynbel had left him and Summer there outside on the breezy day in Louyang. A spell casted upon the home while they spoke alone kept gave her the ability to leave in safety with the other fae inside. Anger almost overcame him, till the stalker realized her actions mirrored his own. He assuredly did the same in the very recent past with the choice to follow Lucretia instead of his fellow humans. The both of them acting in tandem trying to find their own way to protect the other.

Even though Lucretia split from them, Ezekiel found himself appreciative of the time spent. It helped to clear his mind and the lingering doubts he held. The world certainly had grown around the man, but now he actually found himself footholds and little pathways through it. No longer fearful of what it all meant, he would navigate it as he always had, using all the tools and tricks he picked up to this day.

After the spell on the home wore off, Summer and him went back inside. Slumping in a corner, Ezekiel found it important he tell Summer of his own marriage while his only companion made him tea. Not in the mood to remove himself from his position, Ezekiel took the tea with his right hand and sat it to the side to cool. Then his fingers reached for something inside his jacket. The story becoming easier each time he told it. Somehow, that brought a small bit of peace inside him. Finally, he pinched an object and pulled it from a hidden pocket.

"You see this, it's a ring, my marriage ring." He held it out for Summer to see. "I'm not a happily married man, and the only reason you see me talking to you today is due to the strange crack in the center. I wonder now, after meeting Odin twice, if luck was just on my side, or if the gods had use for me." He chose not to tell her, but he had already learned that the answer no longer mattered. It was simply how it was meant to be.

Summer’s understanding always brought about comfort for Ezekiel. She didn’t even think to question why he did not find any solace with his contracted and married partner. He then explained that he had met Odin once before his appearance at Prontera. He spoke of how the god descended upon him and two others in Rachel's Sancturary, leaving his message to them, which later echoed in the streets as Surtur’s fire threatened to incinerate the entire capital town of Rune Midgard. Those words, he recalled them, warning them of Lucretia, find the Cloaked Schemer, and subdue them both. But he could not recall for certain upon which meeting that Odin informed them never to let Lucretia and the Cloaked Schemer meet.

With Ezekiel’s points made, Summer suggested they get to work. The ninja clan they held as allies would find themselves dispatched, searching for any of the three fairies they had to meet now. They discussed what to do should they meet any of them, if they found their fellow humans, and the possibility of finding an audience with Pixie.

And with that, Ezekiel found himself in need to take care of one final act before he could stay seated in Louyang. A message sent in private to Cat McWren, the only one he felt some need to justify his actions to. The only one who could possibly believe the facts thrown in front of her. Somehow, in her own way, she did strangely care for the rogue, but Ezekiel yet didn’t know to view her as ally or foe. Out in the fields of Mjolnir, they met. Ezekiel on the high and rocky ground, with Cat in the forest below. Little bugs chittered, and the wolves howled in the distance. They stood, staring back at one another, and talked. They discussed the situation, and came to a deal. Despite Cat wanting the rogue to tell her of his plans, the man would deny her. Simply stating, “Your part in this battle is not with me this time.”

Instead, Ezekiel found himself forced to take in possession of a little Deviruchi by the name of “Mash.” Apparently, the little pet had his uses. The method to find Cat or Galoo could help him in this battle if he simply needed to send them a message, or the battle took a turn for the worst. The little devilish monster would learn his part later, as when it got tossed across the cliff, and up to Ezekiel, he fainted from pure fright.

What did the rogue receive in exchange? Cat would stand by him and his facts as presented should all their paths cross against Amdusias. If the other party believed in those facts, then proper justice could find itself served. Ezekiel needed nothing more than to keep his contracts straight.

She’d leave him with a final message, “Idiot kid, I already said I'd protect you,” the words few, but all the ones that needed sharing.

With that, he gave his thanks, his goodbyes, and took the Deviruchi in tow on his shoulder. Beginning his trek back to the secret hideaway in Louyang. There, in that hidden space, Summer's and his own plans would finalize themselves.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 12:29 PM by Aaronock.)
08-12-2015 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Aaronock - 08-12-2015 09:24 AM