Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Lin Lin Offline
Dead Priestess In Pink~

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

Reilinn traveled to the Lighthalzen, as a creator of specific compounds such as toxins, poisons, antidotes and the likes, she knew when to appreciate locating her own ingredients. Her main goal of traveling to Lighthalzen via Airship was to do just that, the hunt for Mole Claws and Whiskers began. She sought out the little Gangster Moles (Holden), getting double the Whisker/Claw when she used Steal and making her hunting time literally get cut in half. My, it was quite wonderful being an assassin sometimes, the array of abilities was always useful.

Reilinn spent less than an hour collecting the items she required and safely tucked them into a small bag that was worn at her hip, a black bag, that had a plush interior which would keep what fragile objects she may tote around from clinking, clattering and accidentally breaking, even when she is under attack or pressure. It was also temperature regulating, anything that was cool would remain cool.. Which can be extremely helpful for long trips. Returning to Lighthalzen, her feet led her to the worst part of town you could think possible, the Slums.

Places like the Slums were perfect for so many things, illegal activities like black marketing, catching the latest gossip and sometimes you could just sit down and listen to an elderly travel tell a wonderful story of where they had been and what they had done when they were younger. Inspirational small stories like that were always plentiful when you went to places like this.

Today, was not a day for small stories from the elderly, one of her usual gossip informants sought her out as she strolled through the run-down streets a little frantic. 'Rei, Rei!' the young and dirt-stricken street boy cried out her name and made her turn to look at him "Hey, what's wrong?" The kid was almost out of breath, he must have been running to find her. 'Someone's poking their nose around, they keep asking people about some Purple thing, Old Man Red told her there's a rumor about a Magic Purple Stone in the Rekenbar place! She's wearing a black cloak and heading off toward the big town' Her brows lifted in question, she's heard the same kind of rumors from Red, stories of an old timer that once had lived it up and was now in the slums like so many others. "Interesting.. Thanks, kid" She gave him a light pat on the shoulder and some zeny for giving her the information. It did spark her curiosity a little bit, people that come looking for rare rumored items, normally means if you can find it, they'd pay good money for it.

That's all it took to make up her mind about her next action, patting the pouch on her hip lightly with her right palm "Looks like I'll be concocting a little later than planned.." With that, she began to head toward the 'rich' part of town and slipped into her Shadow Ability (Cloak), to follow the cloaked stranger into the Rekenbar Institute itself. Interesting.. It's almost as if they know where they are heading an internal thought, as she followed the woman in near-silence.

They soon arrived in a large room, the sound of rushing water surrounded them, the soft whoomp whoomp of fans, gears clicking and grinding against each other. There were large tubes with some kind of ominous green liquid inside of them, a bubble every so often from the seemingly empty tube. Three large mechanical orbs in the North, East and West of the room. Quickly, Reilinn stepped back as the woman, who now removed her hood started to frantically search, looking in every one of the tubes and any scraps of paper that were around. 'Damnit! Where is it, where is it?!' the impatient woman flitted around the room, quite literally, with her newly regrown Fairy Wings. It was none other than Lulu (Lucretia).

'They said it was here, it has to be. Where is it!? Where did they hide it?' Moving from tube to tube, looking for the Purple Stone, the Dreamstone is what she sought. Reilinn suddenly spoke out, a bit of a joke "I think you missed one." The Fae was thrown off guard, suddenly spinning around and looking through the room 'Who's there, who said that!? Show yourself!' the Fae demanded and took a step back when Reilinn suddenly appeared, seemingly out of mid air. 'What do you want?' an unfriendly tone, almost accusing and snappy, but beneath it there was a worry through the Fae.

Reilinn's hands lifted upward, showing empty palms toward the Fae "I'm not after you, though I may have followed you.. Frankly, I didn't even know it was you, Lulu. I just heard a rumor about someone looking for a Stone.. I've heard the stories, too about this place." Though, her words didn't seem to put the Fae any less on edge, she glanced at the mechanical machine that was to the side of them "I'd like to help you..But you should stop touching everything, there's booby traps in this facility.. You could set off an alarm, activate a trap.." The Fae seemed a little surprised, traps were not something she apparently thought of '. . .Traps? I see..' immediately after being informed, she took a step back from the tubes. 'Why do you want to help me?' The Fae mused, and without much hesitation she was given a response "I don't see you as Evil..Misguided, yes, but not Evil..I wish to help you, if you will allow it." There was a silent acknowledgement, the Fae accepted the offer to assist her in retrieving the stone after more information was gathered about the facility and it's possible traps, alarms and how to go about deactivating them.

They both parted ways from there, the Fae having said she would contact her at a later date, an exchange of information. The next step is to gather people who are willing to assist the Fairy Lulu (Lucretia) achieve her goal, or those who wish to hinder the operation.

I'm the Angel, sent to guide you through Nightmares.

I'm the Devil, sent to slip you through your Dreams.
08-30-2015 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Lin Lin - 08-30-2015 08:24 PM