Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

The paladin was tending to her gear after the biolabs raid in the new fort in the Morroc desert. It was a familiar enough place, just close enough to the Capital of Rune Midgarts, Prontera to reasonably ask the father of her children to bring them to Morroc so she could see them, but also just far enough away that the Associations wouldn't pursue her. She used her thumb to test the blade's sharpness after cleaning it. Vinda was outside terrorizing the local fauna, something her rider did not mind.

“Mmm... I won't need to sharpen this for a bit.” Summerstream murmured, sheathing the sword after one deft slice in the air. Every time she closed her eyes, she could hear the wind whispering through the cracks in the windows and doors. The sound comforted her. For once, after four years, she was able to hear the laughter and carefree attitude the wind always contained. The paladin was happy.

Her mind drifted to the upcoming baited ambush that Queen Pixie had planned. Summerstream knew there would be injuries, and likely people unable to fall asleep after. She bit her lip, and thought back to her past.

“...There shouldn't be any harm in using the meeting I asked Bushido to do with me as an excuse to get some herbs.” She nodded to herself then got to her feet. Over her comfortable clothes, she threw on her muffler, and drew the hood up. “Its about time to go and meet him, anyways.” Smiling with the thought, the paladin clipped her sword on, then grabbed her purse. Summerstream then left as quietly as possible.

Bushido had brought the twins as she had asked. She barely remembered the conversation, but Summerstream was overjoyed to see them again, hugging them both once Freyr woke up from his nap in his father's arms. Tyr, the boy that always seemed more sensitive to the emotions of those around him had asked her to come home. His mother has been unable to think of a lie for the boy, so she told him that she was still helping the dark fae she told them a story about. Tyr didn't stop clinging to Summerstream until his father told the boys it was time to go home. From under the palm tree she chose as the meeting place, she watched the knight leave. With a heavy heart, she went into the Morroc ruins to find what she was looking for: lavander.

The paladin returned to the fort with the fragrant plant to see the woman she knew as Cat blocking the entrance with her arms crossed. Summerstream bit her lip, and stopped.

“...Oh. Uh.” She pushed her glasses up, and blinked at the robed woman who called herself Cat. “Hi.”

“Heya.” The expression was unreadable. “So that is the big, scary secret of disappearing Summerstream? Her getting some kiddie time in?”

Summerstream gritted her teeth. “No... That was... Just this time. I wanted to make sure we had... Sufficient medical supplies.” She managed to say before sighing, and biting her lip. She didn't speak further as the wind picked up in a playful gust, blowing her hair and robe behind her. She saw Cat's gaze shift slightly.

“Ah... Do family visits always include tattoo sessions?” Cat pointed at her own forehead. Summerstream's immediate reaction was to fix her bangs. From being around Lucretia and Cynbel, she had grown more comfortable with leaving the mark that she inherited from her mother uncovered by foundation. Her skin was paler because of the lack of make up, but Summerstream didn't care. It felt good to not have to hide who she was.

“No.” Came the honest reply.

“After your performance during the laboratory fiasco, guess 'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt,” Cat muttered, before waving her in, “Come on then. 've let enough sand in.”

“At least sweep it out! If we have injured I want a clean floor to deal with them on at least!” Summerstream snapped, taking the broom from the corner and tossing it to Cat. She watched with a glare as the cloaked woman set the broom aside non-chalantly after mentioning the that it was below her pay grade. Summerstream scoffed and grabbed the broom to do the sweeping herself.

“Are you expecting any injured?” Was the next question. Summerstream ground her teeth again.

“Of course I'm expecting injured! Remember what we discussed the other night?!” Summerstream watched Cat walk to where she put her muffler and bag down. The relaxing fragrance of the lavender filled the air as the bag was opened. Summerstream didn't comment on what she said about the injured.

“And speaking of the other night- that was some solid shield work, and not a single questionable act to boot! Guess there'll be no need to off your welps, after all.”

Summerstream clenched the broom and rounded on the other woman. “If you touch my children, I will personally send you to Nifleheim as a spirit!” she shouted, her knuckles white. She saw the amused smile of the other, and she gritted her teeth.

“As long as you keep to your word, there is no reason why their petty little existence needs to be disturbed by the likes of me.” Summerstream watched as the robed woman walked away into the shadows. In response, once the other woman left, Summerstream swung the broom at the neat pile of sand, the resulting wind blowing it outside. She then slammed the head onto the ground, and clutched it with white knuckles.

“Don't you dare touch my kids, snake! I'll kill you. I'll fucking kill you!” she screamed, using the wind to keep the sound from echoing deeper into the fort.

Over the week Wingless took to prepare for the planned ambush, Summerstream found herself being followed more and more often by Cat. It was starting to get on her nerves as she went about the tasks she decided to do to make sure things ran smoothly. The night before the ambush, she was glad to see Ezekiel sitting alone. With a small sigh of relief, she sat down nearby and took out a yggdrasil berry, before slicing it over the plate of food she had gotten. She didn't know who made it, and she took a bite of it. It was so dry that she immediately started to cough, causing the stalker near her to look over and ask if she was okay. She murmured she was fine after wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, noticing the streak of blood that was there. Her eyes narrowed at it, and she wiped it off on her pants. She decided she would deal with it later and put aside the plate she had on her lap, before looking over to the stalker. Once she recovered from coughing, she brought up the subject of the brown-robed woman following her around and threatening to kill her children if she wasn't up to the woman's approval. Summerstream watched as Ezekiel's concerned face give way to disappointment. The wind brought to her ears a quiet growl from his throat. His tone was tart and direct when responding to what she brought up. Ezekiel mentioned that she would handle Cathrine's over-protectiveness, which he mentioned that he had no idea why she was in such a way. The pair then resolved to do their best the following night, and left the other to their own devices.

Summerstream waited in a forested clearing with Ezekiel, and a champ who briefly introduced herself as Procyon the following day. Ezekiel said that she was part of Wingless, and Summerstream accepted this fact. It was tense, waiting to see Amdusias walk to where the ambush was to take place. She and Ezekiel spoke little, quite literally only commenting on the weather. The moment the fairy walked into sight, and noticed the paladin and the stalker hiding in the shadows of the trees, chaos followed. Summerstream smiled as she watched the flat footed fairy take a series of punches, acid bottles, blows, and ice spears provided by herself. He stood for barely more than two minutes.

She was still smiling as Amdusias was dragged into the clearing. “...He deserved it.” Summerstream found herself whispering as she played with the fire and wind stones. Summerstream watched Pixie put the dreamstone crown on the unconscious fey. A portal appeared, and everyone entered it.

Some hours later, Summerstream stumbled and landed on her stomach as the traps set off behind her as she ran to the entrance of the dream world belonging to Amdusias. Coughing quietly, the paladin fumbled in her pouch for a Yggdrasil seed to suck on, and put it in her mouth. She breathed out as she felt the Yggdrasil seed she put in her mouth start to work. Her eyes drifted to Lucretia, who was staring out at the grassy planes near Prontera. Summerstream breathed out and walked over to stand just behind her, tapping her gently on the shoulder.

“Are you okay, Lucretia?” Her voice was gentle, and her face revealed concern. She watched the fae princess jump a little before looking over at her.

“I'm fine. At least the truth is revealed now; we had plenty of witnesses.” Lucretia replied before she resumed watching the wind play with the blades of grass. Summerstream took a step forward to stand beside her and closed her eyes to listen to the whispers that were hidden in the gentle swishing.

“Yes, I agree.” Summerstream felt herself nod, and she turned her head to glace sidelong at the fae. “Do you want me to see if your wings are healing okay?”

“No... I'll be fine. Really..~” Lucretia looked down then. “I... just... I feel...” Summerstream saw the hesitation and stood in front of the fae she swore to protect.

“I feel that this is all my fault.” Lucretia finished, looking at the half-fae standing before her. Summerstream weighed her words before she spoke next, looking to a nearby tree. She recalled everything that had been seen. The half-fae then looked directly at Lucretia, and rested both of her hands on the princess's shoulders, and spoke.

“We can fix this, Lucretia.” Summerstream smiled as if she was trying to reassure her own child. “Even if you think it was your fault, we can fix this.” She saw Lucretia glance away. Summerstream softened her gaze, and spoke in a gentle tone.

“Zeke and I were going to sit down once our minds aren't frayed from the combat to talk about everything that we saw today. Do you want to join us?”

“Pixie had wanted to speak to me. I'll see you all later.” Summerstream felt Lucretia draw back slightly.

“Of course. We can wait for you to finish talking to her before we start. Do you want to discuss today's events with us?” Summerstream remained smiling.

“I guess.” Came the reluctant answer from Lucretia. Summerstream nodded, and released Lucretia's shoulders. She put her hand on her chest as Lucretia turned around and started to walk away. Using the wind to increase her speed, Summerstream caught up, and gave Lucretia a hug.

“Go talk with your sister. We will wait for you.”

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
09-25-2015 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Summerstream - 09-25-2015 02:34 PM