Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How To Help The Server: Pro Tips from a Pro
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

How To Help The Server: Pro Tips from a Pro

What's the Big Idea? The Thing.

It's a bit snarky! But pay close attention. ;D

"I have a big idea." And the answer to what Jewish comedian Lewis Black is referring to is "The Big Fkn Thing." The thing? This thread and the idea it represents; helping the server by stimulating the economy.

Brain overload? >~< My apologies, just a moment!

*Dumps a vat of nitro gliseran on top of his head.*

Whew. Believe it or not I have to do that fairly often. ;D Overthinking is serious business, and can get me in a lot of trouble! But now that is out of the way, what's next? The following lines of text of course! (duh) =P

So let's relax, and get comfortable. =3 And most importantly get happy! And laugh a little. Loosen up.. broo.. Go with the flow. ;D

Because what I'm about to tell you just might help.

.. =D If you hear me out! =P

So let's analyze the usefulness of Blue Potions and why they're important to use.

First I'm going to say, every blue potion used helps the server.

There are requirements that must be met in order for this statement to be true.

Firstly, a way to kill Mavka's Effectively.
Second, a Ranked Brewer.
Thirdly, a reason to care about skill spamming.

If all three things can be met, then every blue potion used .. again, helps the server!

Let's start with the first requirement. Every mavka killed generates 1 blue herb at a 90% rate. They also generate an average of 10,000 zenny per kill.

Therefore, 30 mins of Mavka farming is 1.65 mil zenny. This is Zenny from nothing, aka, not from the market .. that can go INTO the market (any time you buy something from a player.) In othhher words, it is the Opposite of a Money Sink!

This comes from the Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors. And is determined by the kill rate of 165 per 30 mins that can be done with a Lord Knight one shotting with Clashing Spiral!

Clashing Spiral is the current standard for <least amount of effort for highest amount of production yielded.> Stalkers, Snipers, and other such classes can have higher yields, but with much more input actions. (grindy things. more work involved.)

The second requirement, a ranked brewer, allows you to utilize the blue herbs into time reduction.. therefore increases your throughput "in the field" (leveling, playing, grinding, farming, etc.)

This is achieved by not only getting a higher success rate than 50% (compared to the npc that allows you 1 blue pot per 2 blue herbs) but also a 50% increase in its recovery value!

You can also achieve higher throughput in general when you consider auto atking vs skilling. Skilling generally does x4 damage compared to auto attacking given circumstances. Try to look at the difference between auto attacking and double strafing.

Double strafe does about x4 damage and at the same speed you can auto attack if you practice!

So. Every Mavka killed generates an SP recovery item that represents an increase productivity (more blue bar = more x4 damage dealing uptime) in other areas by ungating (allowing access to) the ability to deal x4 damage (or higher yields in skill-spamming situations without relying on a scholar, bwinging to healer, and so forth) on top of 10k zenny.

*TAKES A DEEP BREATH*

Whew. Its easier to say, "killing mavkas does a lot of good stuff." Hard to prove it without going in circles like a dog chasing his tail! xD Annnyway! Back to it.

And don't forget exp! They yield about 42k each? x165 = about 7 mil per 30 minutes.

Ok hold on a second. That's the second time I've said second. And that's the third! 8D =P

You may have noticed a trend here, and you'd be right! 30 mins is the generally accepted standard for restocking. This is usually centered around Endows (30 mins) and awakening potions (30 mins.) A lot of things in the game, including weight and str values .. and other class skills.

I've found the sweet spot to be around this 30 min marker. And many are noticed during x2 30 mins (or 1 hr) of play! This is for skill spamming strats though (that again .. tend to deal x4 damage.) For "chill" leveling, you can stay in the field without restocking much longer.

And spend much less time and energy to achieve results.

Which brings us to the third requirement. Care. You have to care about skill spamming, producing money outside of the market (money from nothing) to spend on the market (money from nothing into something) which stimulates the economy. ;D

For every blue potion used.. creates a demand for more blue potions. And having a demand for blue potions.. Creates a demand for money from nothing, and maximized throughput for growth (productivity) in the field! (leveling, grinding, etc!)

Therefore we can conclude, if all three requirements are met, every blue potion used is good for the server. =D

So let's real talk for a moment. -_-

This is something I've been doing since I started on this server. I've requested honey stock values from a lot of you, and.. I always payed the same rate. 1.25k each. You know though.. What I was doing with it? Was using Bee Wings to generate Runes of Darkness (aprox 1.6k in value) per Mavka kill. So what does that mean? Any time you sold me a Honey you technically were getting taken advantage of.. from a certain point of view. The honeys were effectively free. And used to generate more money and AND more sp items on top of it.

But I don't feel guilty for a lot of reasons. Firstly, many of you never really listened to me. Second, its a bit foolish to consider those who don't listen to you .. as foolish? Catch 22. I mean, I'll explain it in the thirdly but I'm still talking about the secondly. And thirdly, there's a ton of stuff I don't know about. I come across as though I know everything. This is true though.. I know MY version of everything. Which is everything I know. When you teach me something new, it adds to that everything. I can't help it if you people think I'm a smart alec. xD I really can't. Its that or stay confused all the time because I cannot comprehend sarcasm the same way you guys do. xD So false confidence? =P Haha. Yeh. Its my defense barrier. ^_^

WHATS IMPORTANT THOUGH IS WHAT YOU LEARN! YEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Because many veteran members will tell you this.

"This methodology is not useful to those who have no need for it."
Something or another about .. being here a long time and .. being on a higher level acquisition wise.. and.. so rich they could buy anything but are frustrated why certain things aren't appearing on the market. Almost as if the new members who stimulate the economy and could in this way aren't doing just that. xD

"This methodology is trying to put control on something that is uncontrollable: the economy, supply and demand, selling his product??"
Hi You type of people with this thought pattern.

Dunno what to say. I don't care? Haha! I don't. I don't care about money. I don't. If I cared about having money, at any time, I would be the richest person here with the amount of time I've invested in heRO and my level of skill. My version of value is different than yours. It is dynamic and changing.. it is in flux.. It is a revolving door of "what ifs" and "what could be's" and seeks to constantly define "what is the best thing SHEAM can do to help?" without considering "what others should be doing."

"You are confusing and misleading."

Well .. sigh. I guess I can address this?!

Empathetic scrutiny is greater than prestigious intolerance.

wut da fux du dat mean yo ..

It means I care more than you know. Because if you don't know that, you're an uncaring person?! Or that the everything you know isn't quite the same as my everything. haha. Based on how I value things in life. Based on my beliefs filtered by your beliefs. =3 >_>

Sigh.. So can I be completely clear with you guys?

I want, wanted, will, continue to TRY, as poor as it may seem, to help this server in the most balanced way I can.

So now let's go over all the people who have helped me. (If I get doubles, please correct me.)

Predaking --Rally -- Ivy -- Birdz -- Reina -- Matt -- Recca -- Namreg -- Osek -- Summers -- Lucy -- Aaronock -- Garr -- Sac -- Zodar -- Sloth -- Gengar -- Moogle -- Trunks -- Ninga -- Ayumi --
Angel Kitty -- Vietnam -- FisherPrice -- Oli -- Mint -- Shirayukihime -- Anna Maria -- Nu -- Xandra -- Tony -- Ezekiel Bloodsaint -- Ange -- Mofy -- Kri -- Menace -- Oka-Joe -- Mint -- Hachi -- Own -- Cobb -- Roger -- Child of Bodom -- Ko -- Bella -- Demogorgan -- Light Side of the Moon -- Xtroo -- Rahice -- Droqan -- Ocalea
Nym

And many others that I will mention, when the time is right. Just be aware. You all /help me learn something./ Take that however you want, but I'd prefer if you understood that every positive outcome from this thread wouldn't have without you. You meddling kids and your dog. Icon_wink
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 12:25 PM by sheam.)
06-21-2016 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How To Help The Server: Pro Tips from a Pro - sheam - 06-21-2016 05:50 PM