Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unequip Gear Slots [Skill Bar > Equip Window]
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Unequip Gear Slots [Skill Bar > Equip Window]

Not going to go into too much detail, but there are circumstances where its preferable to switch to no weapon in the middle of battle.

Desire for Faster Function with Less Point 'n' Click.

If you want to disarm, you will use Alt+Q and Double Click @ Weapon. This is not as efficient since you redirect your mouse from move click's, pick up click's, skill click's etc.

I admit this is a very minor inconvenience, however, equipment swapping as we know plays an important role in the game. It also has a "game feel" and "stat customization control" that is very satisfying.

The inability to disarm weapons, or any gear slot, feels like a limitation.

Advantages of Disarming
  • Sniper switching to Falcon Assault focused damage and having a higher attack speed to spam it faster.
  • An Assassin or Assassin Cross opting repetitive Back Slide uses to cover ground quickly.

Current Solutions / Fixes / Thoughts

A very good solution was suggested to me by Own and Hibari Kyoya, and that is to:

Use a Shield to disarm yourself to Fist / Unarmed.

This makes me consider that.. perhaps.. you could create a sort of "dummy gear" for weapons (including the other gear slots)

It would function as: "Remove current equipment and replace it with Nothing."

Course, I can only mostly guess at how most of RO is coded and what limitations may be set by it, but, that'd seem like the Easiest / Natural Game feel way of incorporating a "Disarm X Gear Slot" into the game. =3

I would highly value your opinion on this one Arronock, and you too GM Garr. Thank you.
12-02-2016 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Unequip Gear Slots [Skill Bar > Equip Window] - sheam - 12-02-2016 10:28 PM