Poll: Card Remover npc: yes or no (MOTIVATE YOUR VOTE WITH A COMMENT)
Yes, retrieving only the card and with a great zeny cost
No, because other ppl who have highend gears smells.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread
Wyatt Offline

RE: Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread

I personally don't care either way. Most of my friends are good with planning ahead and making a good choice on what cards / gears to use. A card removal npc would get some use I'm sure, most likely by a small handful of people only, and once they've re-assembled their gears I don't think many people would frequent its use. Been without one so long that hopefully everyone plans their gear out, I'm sure most do.

The idea of a tier-based cost system is good, not all gear and cards are equal; there needs to be a balance on how much cost for what gear and card types. WHAT it costs is a prickly subject. Regardless of what any of us, playing this server right now think on how much WE would like it to cost, we all need to think on new players..

If a new player comes to this server and sees ' Card removal npc = 100m ' you honestly think they'd stay? Cost balance is a big thing. You have it too low, it gets abused because people are lazy. Cost balance is too high, the only one to ever use it will be Roger.

Nothing overly wrong with having a card removal npc, it'd get used for a while by people holding onto gear they want to re-assemble, and with the bloody branch level brackets for the boss' that come out there's nothing stopping more GRs, Devilings, Angelings etc from being made. Old ones in existence aren't a huge concern in my opinion, but I also don't own any and don't enjoy pvp so I can't say much.

I think that, yea, maybe they should put a card removal npc in, BUT it would need a balanced cost system. Too low, people get lazy. Too high, only like 5 people or less would ever use it. So working on a good tier balance for cost is major, AND in my opinion, it should require a QUEST! Yes, a quest. Something with enough back-and-forth npc talking and random item collecting to make it doable for most everyone.. That is willing to work for it.

:EDIT: Talking to Cyan a minute ago he tossed out a good idea. Have it also require a stack of Blank Card items, and maybe some npc dialogue about ' card remover research ' but he needs the blank ones for practice. Rekenber corp +1.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017 01:59 PM by Wyatt.)
05-30-2017 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread - Wyatt - 05-30-2017 01:30 PM