Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Seer's Dilemma
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Seer's Dilemma

Midgard Times, Curious Notes Section

Over the past few months, Hugel has seen a slow but steady increase in visitors. However, they're not all there to see the nearby lake, or the ruined temple, or to take a ship to Lutia. They've been visiting a young man who claims to be a seer.

Unlike your average tarot card readers or fortune tellers, Hugel's Seer can reportedly see into the past, present and future in his sleep, provided he has peace and quiet. We talked to some of his clients in Hugel, and they expressed great satisfaction in his services.

"He helped me find my dog!" Said one woman we interviewed. "He ran off after a novus. I searched all of Yuno for days, and eventually gave up. My husband was persistent though, and visited The Seer, who saw our dog playing with some kids at Kiel's Academy. Sure enough, our dog was doing exactly that when we visited the school!"

Another of The Seer's clients we interviewed claimed he saved her life. "I was suffering from back pain for weeks and doctors thought it was due to work. The Seer told me something unusual was growing in my spine, and some scans later, doctors confirmed it! Now I'm as healthy as a poring!"

What is The Seer like, though, and what are the secrets to his alleged abilities? In the next part of this special "Curious Notes" report, coming next week, we will be interviewing The Seer himself. Stay tuned!

And so begins the new Chronicle of Heroes story arc, The Seer's Dilemma! While it sounds mystical, I aim for it to be more grounded than the other stories that came before it.

There's a twist though! Only players in the Light Allegiance may join this first event, and there will be no monster or player fighting involved! There will be a dark-only event hosted in the future, possibly the next one depending on how this event goes.

Participants will receive 1 Reset Coupon, and 5 Allegiance Points. Active roleplayers will receive 2 Gold Bars. To qualify as a "Participant" you must simply be present in the event until it ends. To be considered an "active roleplayer" you must contribute to the story by roleplaying your character throughout the event (not just talking once or twice and never again).

Note: Metagaming or Breaking of the fourth wall to disrupt roleplay dialogue will be ignored by the hosting GM and won't count as roleplaying.

The first event will take place on Friday, December 6, 2019, at 8:30 PM EST and is expected to last about 1 hour. See here for a countdown until the approximate time of the event. More details will be given a few hours before.

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
12-02-2019 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Seer's Dilemma - The Midgard Times - 12-02-2019 10:25 PM