Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Economy And You
Elizabeth Offline
Voice Of Change

The Economy And You

I've been around for a while, enough to see and understand things on my own. One thing I don't understand is why some people complain about others and wish for change, but continue to support that which harms them.

To be more specific, Roger.

Often avoiding the hustle and bustle of the big towns, I didn't really interact with others until recently. Eventually one of the topics we talked about was Roger. His shops occupy a significant percentage of Prontera, after all.

To the outsider he seems like your average rich player. He is occasionally helpful when others have questions regarding gear or cards, and the wares of his shops are generally competitively priced.

But beneath the surface there seems to lie something else. A very different story. Suspiciously acquired gears, manipulative marketing, dishonest business practices, sabotage, hostile takeovers, and to top it all off, rare, explosive temperament.

Yet Roger's businesses continue to thrive. Why?

It appears those that complain or whine the hardest, do just that. Complain and whine. A little whine here, a little complaint there. But they still support his shops. His wares are generally the cheapest around, of course. And so, a vicious cycle emerges.

Roger allegedly uses dishonest methods to acquire zeny or even buy out entire auctions, angering some in the process. He lowballs prices, harming other merchants but not himself. Still, people buy. He steals big kills, angering even more, but now he has rare merchandise to fill his shops with. People buy, because it's better than risking wasting time getting big kills aggressively being taken over by him.

But I ask you, why conform to a cycle of abuse and dependence? Does he not use the money he takes from you to batter you? Do you wish things could be different?

Why not do something about it?

If you want change, pitch in to make it happen. Support other shops, even if they're slightly more expensive. You who can fight, time your big battles, give him less chances of having free kills down the road. Spread the word! Spread resistance to unfair competition!

We can all bring about change for the better, but we have to do it together.
06-03-2020 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Economy And You - Elizabeth - 06-03-2020 01:00 PM
RE: The Economy And You - JFKH - 06-04-2020, 08:54 AM
RE: The Economy And You - Mister Midnight - 06-04-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: The Economy And You - Syl - 06-04-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: The Economy And You - The Roger - 06-04-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: The Economy And You - The Roger - 06-04-2020, 12:08 PM
RE: The Economy And You - The Roger - 06-04-2020, 12:10 PM
RE: The Economy And You - Kiwis - 06-05-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: The Economy And You - Bonesy - 06-05-2020, 03:16 PM