Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please be nice to newcomer!
Former-GM-Hermes Offline
Messenger of God

RE: Please be nice to newcomer!

To Old players:
That joke is funny I admit. However, to newcomers it may not be the case. They are strangers to the server, and they need time to adapt to the environment and the surroundings of a new server. For example, lets say you got a flat tire and need a tire change and you ask a group of people "wheres the nearest gas station here?", and one of them reply "in your pants". I hardly think a person in a needy situation find that funny while others may find it funny as hell. If you dont feel like helping, keep the smart jokes to yourselves. . Some newcommers may come from a server where many npcs were customized and had a job changer/skill npc. Some may come from a server with a warper npc where you dont have to unlock anything to use. Most of their questions arent really that hard to answer, and may seem "noob" to you, but not every newcomer knows what you know. Not everything is obvious just because its obvious to you.

To Newcomers:
On another hand, newcomers should try to do things on their own as well. There is not a server in this world where every player is willing to help every new comer. Every server have their own sets of "arse holes". Also, it may come off as "lazy" to older players which can result in the insult. Looking up a quest is not that difficult, there is billions of guides out there (old or not, most of the job quests have not changed for a long time) and logging out and logging back in is not a huge amount of deal either.

There are certain new comers that spam the main chat constantly asking for help and begging for items. Older players shouldnt have to deal with that. If you really really need help try to pm high level players and explain the situation instead of spamming the main chat. Pming them works better than on main chat because some players have it off.

Thats my say on the matter, and if I see any rude comments over the main chat to a newcommer for no good reason (unless the newcommer was spamming and annoying everyone) the offender (rude commentor or the new spammer) will be jailed or muted depending on the situation.
07-04-2007 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Please be nice to newcomer! - GM-Pandora - 07-04-2007, 09:37 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - Kojiro - 07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - Namine - 07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - Namine - 07-04-2007, 10:14 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - Kojiro - 07-04-2007, 10:22 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - GM-Hermes - 07-04-2007 10:59 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - GM-Aegis - 07-04-2007, 11:24 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - Kojiro - 07-04-2007, 11:33 AM
RE: Please be nice to newcomer! - Yetipunk - 07-04-2007, 04:54 PM