Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battle priest
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Battle priest

Well, I've been called one of the best battle priests back in the day, but I honestly thought it sucked =x.

My PVM battle build is based heavily on agi and flee gears (using 5th gen toh Wings for status resists). Also I got turned on by the Aco card combo for nameless and basically anywhere else with demons/undead to bible-bash/mace in the face.

stats are with buffs??at??96/65

110 str
101 Agi
23 vit
59 int
61 dex
5 luk

Aco skills:
5 divine protection
10 Demon bane
1 Ruwach
2 teleport
4 warp portal
1 Pneuma
10 heal
10 agi
1 Aqua benedicta
1 angelus
10 signum crucis

H-Priest and Priest skills.

10 Mace Mastery
5 increase SP regen
3 magnificat
5 lex divina
5 Imposito Manus
3 Asperio
1 Recovery
1 Resurection
5 Assumptio
5 Spiritual Thrift
5 Meditatio

Personal Notes:

Signum crucis is an awesome skill, seriously underrated. I've tested, and it DOES work on??boss monsters. It reduces the hard def of demon race and undead property monsters by 50% at lvl 10 and affects everything on your screen. Best part, it lasts until monster death, which means you could seriously mess up a beezlebub run Days before any parties are present to kill it, assuming of course you're suicidal enough to be that much of an ass. It eliminates the need for crit on most demons, as most worthwhile demons usually have a decent amount of defense.??Not a long cast time and easily spammable even with??your low dex.

I started on meditatio in an attempt to compensate for my lack of int with my heal.??But, spiritual thrift??is so effective at reducing the SP costs, I almost never run out of SP, even in battle build, so I can use offensive blessings,??lex divina, weak little heal??bombs and still have room to spare.

Ressurection- Even in battle build, a Priest is still a support class, and It's nice to have if our friendly smith friends die while helping us out. (Adrenaline rush <3 )

Asperio- Holy waters are common enough even without aqua benedicta thanks to Aquaring at poring island and Merman in byalan. No need to get anything higher, even if it does relieve some of the tediousness of rebuffing yourself.

Although I CAN kill things other than demons/undeads in this build, I'm still most proficient at killing demons/undead. Relies heavily on abuse of asperio and carded weapons to get good damage despite the slow aspeed even with all that agi (unless you got a smith friend, then it's just that much better)

Future J-levels would include getting cure (for removing blind, blind seriously sucks for flee builds, but not too necessary since Spiritual thrift saves my butt), More Lex divina (less time trying to silence mobs because of higher success rate), or more Meditatio (simply for higher heals).??I haven't decided quite yet.

Hope that helps. Though Honestly speaking, TU is the fastest ways to level priests if you go solo. Even ME is faster IMO.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2010 05:36 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-19-2010 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: ??Battle priest

Manifus Wrote:Hate faulty descriptions, they make me sad.

I know Cry

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-19-2010 05:43 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Agi is not too much for flee but rather aspd. Gears except for weapon card should be aimed at getting ASPD... for the meantime, flying angel is probably the best headgear for battle priest. Vinit is slotted but the 30 second 5% aspd boost is not necessarily reliable enough at 2%...

Lunakaligo becomes the obvious winner as a weapon with bonus ASPD and high stun rate.

If there's a seal of continental guard from the event in the past, that's also a great addition for an accessory.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 03:54 AM by Namine.)
03-20-2010 03:53 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Thanks for the help Joe, I'll see how it works out.

@Rogue- Yeah, I'd imagine turn undead, support, or magnus would be a lot better way to level, but would probably require some better than sub-par gears than just meleeing things to death.

Lunakaligo has excellent stats, sadly its trans only.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 02:38 PM by Session.)
03-20-2010 02:25 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

TU suffice with quite average gears. 2 NPC Rosary, Beret, random rod that gives highest int boost (matk is irrelevant for TU) already suffice as the basic TU gear that can raise your int and luk reasonably while giving 10% resistance to Anubis. The rest of the equipment is just for boosting defense, or if going slightly richer, go for any other demihuman resist, or luk/int increasing gears.

Remember that TU favors the *sum* of luk and int, so it's better to say get 75 in both int and luk than 99 luk and 40 int.

TU build as normal priest gives reasonable room to semi-support as well, so probably easiest to go TU build then only do battle as High Priest.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-20-2010 03:53 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

While luk does increase the chance for TU to work, it doesn't seem like it helps enough to be worth it.

Against anubis, 99 int gives 41% chance + all those other bonuses of int.
70 Luk/Int gives 45% yes, but sacrificing that many stat points for such a minor increase (this is not including cast time or survivability.)

Add luk at your own risk. (Also getting 99 int and 40 luk gives about the same effect, 45%, as 70/70 int/luk would.) Again, Ask yourself if you think a minor increase is worth it, and note that even with luk gears and 99 base int/luk + buffs you are not likely to get much over 60%

Again, you'll also be sacrificing cast time at that point.

03-21-2010 02:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Battle priest

Manifus Wrote:Add luk at your own risk. (Also getting 99 int and 40 luk gives about the same effect, 45%, as 70/70 int/luk would.) Again, Ask yourself if you think a minor increase is worth it, and note that even with luk gears and 99 base int/luk + buffs you are not likely to get much over 60%

I wonder if it'd be smart to gear for Perfect dodge in a build like that? Chances are, you'd be silencing them anyway,??so no need to worry about skills hitting you. And if you're dodging them, you're cast will go uninterrupted. Perfect dodge isn't reduced by multiple enemies attacking you at the same time. And if you're adding luk, you'll have more perfect dodge to work with.

I am curious about this too, just what sortsa stats do you need to hit that 70% success cap on TU anyway?
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2010 02:59 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-21-2010 02:58 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??Battle priest

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:Add luk at your own risk. (Also getting 99 int and 40 luk gives about the same effect, 45%, as 70/70 int/luk would.) Again, Ask yourself if you think a minor increase is worth it, and note that even with luk gears and 99 base int/luk + buffs you are not likely to get much over 60%

I wonder if it'd be smart to gear for Perfect dodge in a build like that? Chances are, you'd be silencing them anyway,??so no need to worry about skills hitting you. And if you're dodging them, you're cast will go uninterrupted. Perfect dodge isn't reduced by multiple enemies attacking you at the same time. And if you're adding luk, you'll have more perfect dodge to work with.

I am curious about this too, just what sortsa stats do you need to hit that 70% success cap on TU anyway?

Well, maybe that would work for high priest that would work, but I was specifically talking about priest since that is what the thread creator would benefit form most. From the calculator, fully buff you would need over 170 int/luk + max job level and such... unless there is another way to get it without stats? That is just against Anubis though.

03-21-2010 03:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

I think I may run at turn undead/support build for a while, whenever I get started on him, then carry that until it loses effectiveness, and possibly change to magnus build.

I appreciate the replies, feel free to chat about anything priestly, the information is welcome.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
03-21-2010 05:48 PM
Diallo Offline
I Love The Barenaked Ladies. <3

[Image: sl0lc1.jpg]
YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKED TO BATTLE PRIEST SO WE PUT A MACE INSIDE YOUR MACE SO YOU CAN SMACK WHILE YOU SMACK!

[Image: Stuntbum-1.jpg]
03-21-2010 06:48 PM