Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storage Capacity
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE: Storage Capacity

oh, sorry if i make it sound really bad. i think she just have to find the command line that says how much items you can keep in the kafra and change the number. (i think i got that right)Icon_mrgreen

its not reset at all, its like adding an extra layer of cheese on your sandwich. you just have to remove the top bread and put the cheese on then put the bread back on. its quite easy. but it still is some work Icon_razz

you basicly get the same sandwich but just with extra cheese.

i am not very good with analogies except cynical ones, so i hope that makes sense.

i was just super tired and got extremely hyper during this the time i posted that. sorry if i make it sound all weird.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
03-10-2007 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stealth Offline
The Wind

i guess the only problem would be the increase of the space taken on the physical server, i wouldn't give a month to almost everyone be needing to increase storage again, filling the server HD... (hope i made myself clear, i read and dunno if it's good enough)

i dunno if it's a real problem, but it's something that always bug me when we speak about storage increase

anyway, Rei, i don't think ur post was weird, u said just exactly what it is, is that reset haunts our minds so anything starting with "re" give the creeps Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
03-10-2007 06:47 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

lol rei, cheese = meltdown, pulling it apart ..> chaos Icon_biggrin then we're in for quite a 5- alarm chili 8E

hrm..none of that made sense did it? 89

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-10-2007 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
distortedMIND Offline
always crazy.

Stealth Wrote:i guess the only problem would be the increase of the space taken on the physical server, i wouldn't give a month to almost everyone be needing to increase storage again, filling the server HD... (hope i made myself clear, i read and dunno if it's good enough)

I don't think it would take a month to just change scripts (from what I've read so far how to change it).
Well, I don't think doing the changes that I proposed will take a month. But if it is, and I got my information incorrectly, so be it. I'm not forcing the GMs to change the storage capacity. ^_^;;

Stealth Wrote:i dunno if it's a real problem, but it's something that always bug me when we speak about storage increase

I thought I was the first one that thought of this idea? :o

[Image: ragnarok.png]
[Image: nintendo_ds.gif]
03-10-2007 10:45 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I don't forsee any problem with space, this is data and text-data doesnt weight that much at all.

Recompiling isnt hard, but I'm not comfortable enough with it so Winslip/Tux would need to do it, and since we are preparing the new svn and it will need to be recompiled already I think it would not be a problem at all to add this in the next svn.

From 300 -> 500, a little more space for those people that like to keep everything Icon_wink

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-11-2007 08:58 AM
Sinorra Offline
Banned

Yay get to hold more hats in my storage! <3 Thankies Pandora Icon_biggrin
03-11-2007 12:25 PM
Aira Offline
<.< Mm. Tastes like fame. >.>

Banners? I can do banners >_>;;

OooooooOOOOOOooooooO Lookie here, A SIGNATURE How... Ordinary o.o

''I've gone to find myself. If I'm not back before I return KEEP ME HERE"
03-11-2007 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

What are you talking about?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-11-2007 02:54 PM
Aira Offline
<.< Mm. Tastes like fame. >.>

I... have NO idea xD Someone up there mentioned banners xD

OooooooOOOOOOooooooO Lookie here, A SIGNATURE How... Ordinary o.o

''I've gone to find myself. If I'm not back before I return KEEP ME HERE"
03-11-2007 03:22 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

we had a banner making contest a while ago lol

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-11-2007 03:41 PM