Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phase 3 of the "Changes" aka new SVN
Arcane Offline

RE: Phase 3 of the "Changes" aka new SVN

Um, why?

What are the capabilities of this "heRO AI"?

Are you concerned about botlike features? Because I haven't found any in any AIs I've ever found.
09-13-2007 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The heRO AI is not yet made, nor is it decided what will and wont be included. Which is why this phase is last.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-13-2007 09:44 AM
Arcane Offline

RE:??Phase 3 of the "Changes" aka new SVN

GM-Pandora Wrote:The heRO AI is not yet made, nor is it decided what will and wont be included. Which is why this phase is last.

I'm really not trying to pry, but.. why bother?

I can give you a complete list of what's possible in an AI, and I guarantee Rampage has all of them already..

Is there some feature you want/don't want? o_O
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2007 09:47 AM by Arcane.)
09-13-2007 09:47 AM
Yaezakura Offline
Cutest Lesbian Ever

Pandy, that seems kind of... overbearing... o.o;

I mean, I could understand setting certain rules, but as long as no one goes against them, what's the harm in letting people choose/make their own AI? Part of the fun of homunculi is deciding how your particular homunculus will behave. If everyone's limited to the exact same script, they basically just become little robots instead of extensions of their creators.

[]]] Characters [[[]
[ Yukio ][ Ninja ][ Main ]
[ Anatsu ][ Assassin ][ Item Hunter ]
[ Hidari ][ Wizard ][ Discontinued ]
09-14-2007 02:47 PM
Arcane Offline

It's enough of a shock I'm going to stop seriously playing until I find out just what this heRO AI is going to be.
09-15-2007 04:33 PM
Feelgood Offline

Arcane Wrote:It's enough of a shock I'm going to stop seriously playing until I find out just what this heRO AI is going to be.

That's cool but log on real quick.

Also on topic: I thought custom AIs were part of homonculii or whatever.

[Image: whatwhat.gif]
[Image: emot-cop.gif] Prontera 911 - We are the law.
09-15-2007 04:36 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

It's bad enough that alchemists have to wait until the very end of the phases to get homuncs, and now you are going to force them all to use the same AI? Without a good AI homuncs are near useless. Why waste all this time making a custom AI? Why not leave the alchs alone? Why does this server keep messing with stuff that doesn't need to be messed with? Don't fix it if it's not broken.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
09-15-2007 06:35 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The reason why homunculus is last is because we haven't had time to check it (and with all the complaining about the svn I wonder if we'll ever have time to -_-). I have heard of abuse that can be done with them, which is why I am careful and want to carefully review it before adding it to our beloved server.

I didn't know a mandatory ai would make such a fuss, we are just trying to prevent abuse. Tell you guys what, we will try it, but if it's found to be abusive then the mandatory ai rule will be instated. Until then other server rules apply of course, such as no afk leveling or KSing.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-16-2007 09:16 AM
Arcane Offline

RE:??Phase 3 of the "Changes" aka new SVN

GM-Pandora Wrote:The reason why homunculus is last is because we haven't had time to check it (and with all the complaining about the svn I wonder if we'll ever have time to -_-). I have heard of abuse that can be done with them, which is why I am careful and want to carefully review it before adding it to our beloved server.

How much of this abuse is actually factual? I've had Yaezakura mention auto-feeding to me, which is a impossibility, and the only "abusable" features I can think of are auto-bolting, which won't be common due to lack of Firebrands/Ice Falchions, and auto-potting, which is expensive as all getout.

GM-Pandora Wrote:I didn't know a mandatory ai would make such a fuss, we are just trying to prevent abuse. Tell you guys what, we will try it, but if it's found to be abusive then the mandatory ai rule will be instated. Until then other server rules apply of course, such as no afk leveling or KSing.

Why not make a certain AI mandatory, but a configurable one like RampageAI?

Rampage has options to disable killstealing, but.. even iRO homunculuses have AFK levelling. You don't get experience for your homunculus getting kills, though.

A mandatory AI is making fuss because a fully custom script would take quite a long time to make and possibly end up with a Homunculus as smart as a Poring, and non-customizable. Which is horrid.
09-16-2007 09:45 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Fireblends and Ice Falchions aren't rare/expensive at all. Until recently my shops always had 2-4 to sell for 1~1.5mil. An amount of zeny most people can make in 1 day from loot. I took a break from MVPing so don't ask me why I don't vend any anymore. But once I am back to MVPing, you'll see them in my shops 24/7.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2007 10:15 AM by Bloody.)
09-16-2007 10:15 AM