Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could have sworn I already suggested this...
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

RE: Could have sworn I already suggested this...

1. Being "victimized" by faster/stronger monsters is generally a sign that you are not yet fit for that particular map.

2. An "Increase Walking Speed" potion would also conflict with "Decrease Agi" which is a skill used by both players and monsters. It would further add to the natural imbalance of Gravity's Ragnarok Online.

3. All of the warps are easy to get, and fly wings/creamy card make it just that much easier.

4. Most classes (sorry mage class) has a skill that allows for faster movement, often useful in situations as you are stating. Thief has Backslide, TK has Running and so on. Just more imbalance as those skills would end up being less effective.

5. Lastly, how someone talks or refers to them self is nothing that you should ever criticize about, or even care about for that matter. Ms. Namin? talks how she does because of the simple fact that she IS Namin? and nobody else.

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
10-17-2007 02:11 AM
Find all posts by this user
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Oy, I still see how a pot that makes you walk faster would be detrimental.??You wanna go from Geff to Morroc but you have no warps.??You have to walk.??2100z in Walk Speed pots will get you there in, maybe, 10-15min?

Not to mention, one could easily write a script so it wont add to Agi Up or reverse Agi Down.??You guys really make it seem like you don't want people to walk fast when they need to walk from Point A to Point B.??I didn't think I'd be facing an inquisition when I suggested this.??o_o

Lastly, as I stated the first time I asked, I am not criticizing in any way.??And, yes, it is her right to refer to herself as she wishes (though out of place for you to tell me how I should feel about it and to "intervene"), but I am free to be curious.??Quite frankly I'd rather be curious than to just see things and not care as to how or why the come to pass.??o.0
...Puppies.
All day long with the
Puppy breath kisses
and little puppy cuteness.
...Puppies.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
10-17-2007 03:12 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Thunder boxes have been utterly nerfed. They truly aren't even worth hunting anymore. I'm not sure if it was Panda (doubtful) or just the SVN. They no longer stack with anything and they basically give the auth badge effect for a mere 20seconds. Considering their hefty weight they are more or less useless. You can 'buy' (it's extortion x.x) speed pots in Lhz if you think like a thief and catch one.

Btw.. 2100z in walking pots would be better spent on kafra warp. Movespeed pots that are cheap and easy to get would imbalance WoE.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2007 03:56 AM by Kadar.)
10-17-2007 03:52 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Best in Namin?'s personal opinion to be thankful for the invention of the warp NPC where they should be, and they are allowed to be unlocked. Players of heRO gets the best of both worlds where they get the experience how official server players travel from place to place, but then also get to save the warp to diminish the trouble of traveling after having the first experience.

Fly Wing is perhaps the best tool here to travel across difficult maps early on in order to unlock warps. Another method is simply hire a Priest to memo/warp there, if sir so truly detests the idea of traveling on a map.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-17-2007 05:01 AM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

Yeah, there's also this nice lady called the Kafra ladies. They are indeed attractive and warp you places : ) THAT WAY you can unlock the warp to wherever you're going.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
10-17-2007 10:42 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah and Prontera Kafra's have warps to pretty much all the starting towns. I see no problem here. Plus Prontera warp is free to begin with to unlock so you should utilize it.

Speed pots and authoritative badges do not need to be easy to get, they are meant to be items used in certain situations, not to be spammed needlessly o.O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-17-2007 12:34 PM
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

If you really want speed pots theres supposed to be a quest in Lighthalzen that lets you buy them, but it would be much easier, and probably cheaper, not to mention faster, to just use kafra warps instead.

Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
10-17-2007 12:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The speed pots in LH only last like 10 secs or so, and are really expensive and meant more for zerg rushing the emperium or other such like situations Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-17-2007 12:40 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I seriously don't see what you guys have against a pot that lets you walk fast.

Farbeit for me to assume, however, on the server in which there were Walking Speed pots, everyone loved them and no one ever said anything negative about them - even the RO purists. People fully advocated them and constantly implored the GM's to sell them in shops or at least more often (the GM's sold them themselves sporadicly). Now, here I am on a server which does not have Walking Speed pots implemented suggesting the aforementioned and I meet a tumultuously inhospistable demur.

What's going on here?

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
10-17-2007 10:39 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

We could add a lvlup npc and people would say "yay" too.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-17-2007 11:22 PM
Thread Closed