Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BBS Missions
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??BBS Missions

mahawirasd Wrote:there could be some really unreasonable requests... and the 30-day limit really makes those unreasonable requests linger for too long...
100kz for a rudra bow plox... xP

so perhaps a lower time limit (7-14 days long enough maybe?), higher zeny limit, and a limit of one mission per account at any one time?

-w-

Perhaps, but if??there's a LOAD of??Missions posted,?? they might get backed up. Lets say there's 254 missions posted, are you going to bother scrolling through all of them to find one that's easy/convenient enough to do at a decent price? or?you going to take from the top?(or bottom, whichever it may be)

If loads of people use it to get items while they sit and chat in towns, It might get over crowded. but then again. It'd be a pain for the poster, but??your time limit would help reduce that a bit, when and if that became a problem.

Lostrix Wrote:I honestly don't care about zeny and am doing mission just for kicks :F it just occured me that all ye goddamn greedy bastages out there might not feel the same ;D
I do it because it makes me feel productive when leveling my nub characters, and??it's more fun than grinding in one spot until I feel like smashing my computer screen. then again, depending on the mission, that might happen quicker Sweat

But on the missions I have done, the Zenny was a nice bonus.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2009 01:41 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-13-2009 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: BBS Missions

Some of the missions just aren't even worth 100k to me...but I have done like 3 or 4 so odd missions so far that struck me as convienient or simple.

Did one for glossy hairs that got me a mandolin and my yellow plate mission I took got me another kapha card...*feels overwhelming joy...NOT* But I was already doing missions for people before this board came out, but now I hope to spread my name out even more with it. BTW, I have found really nice things before when doing item hunts for people so its fun to me cause I like finding things :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2009 01:58 AM by Aaronock.)
01-13-2009 01:57 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

We're making a 100k-1Mil board perhaps to see if making 2 boards instead of just pushing up the limit will help... GMs also use it to add missions too as a constant flow of "minor irrelevant mini-quest" type of zeny bonus.

Glad that most of the comments are positive so far about the BBS ^_^ Be sure to give you thanks to GM-Vanadis for its creation Icon_biggrin

01-13-2009 02:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

GM-Ayu Wrote:We're making a 100k-1Mil board perhaps to see if making 2 boards instead of just pushing up the limit will help... GMs also use it to add missions too as a constant flow of "minor irrelevant mini-quest" type of zeny bonus.

Glad that most of the comments are positive so far about the BBS ^_^ Be sure to give you thanks to GM-Vanadis for its creation Icon_biggrin

Well that explains glossy hair and yellow plates and frills probably too XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-13-2009 02:20 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Frills yes, the other two actually aren't mine XD;

01-13-2009 02:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

GM-Pandora Wrote:Maybe.. well let's try it like that first, maybe our awesome community wont input silly missions, if need be we'll revise, thanks for the suggestion. ^_^

It is already happening.
There is one posted at the moment.

Lucius's Fierce Armor of Volcano.
Reward: 1k.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-13-2009 03:27 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

thank you Joe and Panda for your replies.
As i said before, the only reason i was thinking the time limit should be reduced is if it ever becomes logged with unreasonable requests such as the one inasad posted. Well having a GM moderate the board would really be a good idea, but perhaps there should be a review tribunal of some sort so that the moderating GM does not edit haphazardly....

+1 to Aaronock, and yeah the BBS does give you some short term goals to fulfill (the monster ext. quest is a weeklong undertaking) whenever you log in. Thanks Vanadis +1!

hmm yet another feature that really clogs up my storage... srsly, i think i'm going to have to write down all the misc. trash that i shouldn't sell in heRO... /swt

-w-

PS: aaronock, hunt me a mantis card plox... My GF's rogue is 9x now while my sage is still 7x... xP
01-13-2009 05:00 AM
Erika Offline

Did one for glossy hairs that got me a mandolin and my yellow plate mission I took got me another kapha card...

Both of these mission were from me haha Sweat!
01-13-2009 03:32 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

GM-Ayu Wrote:Glad that most of the comments are positive so far about the BBS ^_^ Be sure to give you thanks to GM-Vanadis for its creation Icon_biggrin
Yes a huge thanks and hugs to Vanadis for the script!! ^_^

(But don't forget it was my super awesome idea Icon_wink)

Btw I added one of the glossy hair mission on my legit, needed it for monster exterminator Icon_razz

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-14-2009 10:27 AM
Lostrix Offline
Rawr~

Well then thank you both ^_^
I guess BBS is like a huge help with hatter and as Pandora mentioned, Monster Exterminator quest, so I guess we don't have to expect JUST lame missions like the one Ellie mentioned <<
It's awesome overall to have something else to spend free time on. /gg

[Image: magikarpsigyx9.png]
01-14-2009 12:32 PM