Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Further draw distance
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Further draw distance

I suppose we could simply try in on the test server to see how the game/monsters/players may react.

But yeah, It's up to the GM to decide.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
08-31-2009 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

RE: Further draw distance

Pretty sure we have the official distance for actions, maybe the fact that you can zoom out further makes it seem smaller.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
08-31-2009 03:12 PM
elehifi Offline

RE:??Further draw distance

Huntress Wrote:Pretty sure we have the official distance for actions, maybe the fact that you can zoom out further makes it seem smaller.

I think I have to disagree. From what I remember, on the RO server, you could see everything on your screen, no matter how far zoomed in or out you are. I know that the "zoom" has bene changed in this, but the draw distance still isn't the same.

Neuneck Wrote:I doubt it'll do good. The results are unimaginable. There MIGHT be an exploit of the increased draw distance, that we just didn't think of, and there sure are people that'd use any exploit they know of. It's a too basic part of the game system to be fiddeled around with. Assume the monster's sight isn't just 5 or 12 cells but rather the whole or half the draw distance. An increased draw distance could mean you can not sneak past bosses in certain areas anymore...

Few bosses have an "auto on screen range". Increaseing draw distance isn't going to make sneaking past them any harder. Infact, it might make it easier, if you can see where the boss is your trying to sneak by
09-01-2009 10:21 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

RE: ??Further draw distance

elehifi Wrote:
Huntress Wrote:Pretty sure we have the official distance for actions, maybe the fact that you can zoom out further makes it seem smaller.

I think I have to disagree. From what I remember, on the RO server, you could see everything on your screen, no matter how far zoomed in or out you are. I know that the "zoom" has bene changed in this, but the draw distance still isn't the same.

Our zoom is basically unlimited while the oficial is limited to a closer view. You could see everything on your screen because the zoom is a lot closer than ours.
09-01-2009 12:34 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: ??Further draw distance

elehifi Wrote:Few bosses have an "auto on screen range". Increaseing draw distance isn't going to make sneaking past them any harder. Infact, it might make it easier, if you can see where the boss is your trying to sneak by

"full screen" = 13x13, one cell less than max of 14x14 on official view.

09-01-2009 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply