Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for USRC Team
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
RE: Looking for USRC Team
Damage of final strike is 40 per strenght and 80% of hp + hydras (thats what it said on the page u linked)

If you have 120 strength and 20k hp and 4 hydra it is :

(4*0.2)*(120*4 +0.8* 20 000)+(120*4 +0.8* 20 000)

0.8*(480+16 000)+(480+16 000)

13184 +16 000

29 184 damage (double with lex)

final strike is affected by target defense, unlike asura.

If target has 40 def + some vit def and angelus + assumptio + thara + raydric ur final strike damage = crap

I tested ninja on another server and it is pure crap.

Ninja is either like a crapy hunter with kunai.
A crapy wizard with crapy spells.(storm gust own all of ninjas spells)
A crapy copy of asura monk with suicide-self-bonus.
A dodger that get pwned by any character with fast attack speed.

The only thing good about ninja is the area water spell that the wizard can use to cast water ball.

I am sorry but if u plan killin with a ninja during the tournement I suggest to not lose 1 year of hardcore lvling on a 1/1/1 server for that.

p.s. If you don't beleive for the 999 999 asura maybe me and Ehaltar could do you a little demonstration in-game?(who are ur char in-game?)
IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2007, 11:20 PM by Général_Argos.)
06-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Find Reply
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

Threads: 12
Look, it's obvious you seriously don't know how to use a Ninja. Ninja's Lightning Spear is spammable even on iRO, that means you can lock someone in one spot till they die, also Raging Dragon is a very powerful area target spell. Blaze shield, is a more powerful version of fire wall. Also, for a ninja to be good you have to know how to use it, someone like you wouldn't understand. I've already said why Ninja's are better then Champs. A ninja is the ultimate survivor and killer, they can last longer in PvP then any other class, if used right, because if you can effectively use Cicada, KageBunshin, and Hide you will never be hit and the only time you would ever need to use pots is after using killing strike. I'm going to say this one more time, Ninja is my best class, I know more about them then any other class. And I do not appreciate that everyone is questioning my judgement, I'll admit I did make a couple mistakes but they are fixed now. I personally think I have an effective counter for any of these classes you guys think I should have, meaning when everyone else has the same team I will be able to destroy them. So from now on unless you have something to contribute, not criticize, then please just stop posting in this topic.
Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
06-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
Quote:Also, for a ninja to be good you have to know how to use it, someone like you wouldn't understand.

yea ok ur all right ur teh best;O

Quote:And I do not appreciate that everyone is questioning my judgement, I'll admit I did make a couple mistakes but they are fixed now.

Ok good for u and goodluck
IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2007, 12:53 AM by Général_Argos.)
06-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Find Reply
silvanel Offline
Banned

Threads: 25
Rei has some good point guys , But heres some hint why i prefer monk to ninja.

-Monk/champ has more base hp.
-Magic pass trough Cicada.
-Final strike works with hp and str, if you want your final strike to one shot, you will mostly need to waste about 979 stat point in vit and str only.
-Monks get Ki transplanation, and can still buff your party.
-monk get mental strenght
-cicada has a 1.5 sec after cast delay.
-final strike has a 3 sec after cast delay.
-if your using final strike build, you dont have the sp/int/magic attack to use spells( lightining spear) and whit your agi, your aspd will be about 165 max if your bare fist.
-Monk have root... which is probably what you will expect your champ to do after asuraing the priest.

My point

USRC Player base their tactic mostly on magic.
Yes I prefer Ninja to monk, but not in with final strike and asura strike.
I would choose monk if you want a big dmg one shot
I would choose ninja if you want a wiz that wont get hit.

As a side not,
I Participated last year and made it to the semi final with my team. XD lil secret revealed

PS: the battle dont last long enough to have a stalker in the team, also good teams wont even let other char get near their ME.

If you really check out for a good team... well I might be in with paladin, ill check it out.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2007, 08:58 AM by silvanel.)
06-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Wow, semi-final! Grats Silv! ^_^

Rei: I think you should accept the criticism, nothing said in this topic that it wasnt open for discussion, and if you are gonna spend thousands of hours leveling those character you wanna make sure your plan is full proof, so it's best to discuss it before.

People are offering perspective, so are you Rei, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no one is "the best" or has the "absolute thruth", what I like about RO is that most class can be good if played by someone who has mastered it.
06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Threads: 36
I stopped reading this thread half-way through. Lighten up on the "holier-than-thou" attitude, Rei. I doubt many people appreciate it.(if this hasn't been mentioned already, it should be.)
06-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

RE:??Looking for USRC Team
silvanel Wrote:Rei has some good point guys , But heres some hint why i prefer monk to ninja.

-Monk/champ has more base hp.
-Magic pass trough Cicada.
-Final strike??works with hp and str, if you want your final strike to one shot, you will mostly need to waste about 979 stat point in vit and str only.
-Monks get Ki transplanation, and can still buff your party.
-monk get mental strenght
-cicada has a 1.5 sec after cast delay.
-final strike has a 3 sec after cast delay.
-if your using final strike build, you dont have the sp/int/magic attack to use spells( lightining spear) and whit your agi, your aspd will be about 165 max if your bare fist.
-Monk have root... which is probably what you will expect your champ to do after asuraing the priest.

My point

USRC Player base their tactic mostly on magic.
Yes I prefer Ninja to monk, but not in with final strike and asura strike.
I would choose monk if you want a big dmg one shot
I would choose ninja if you want a wiz that wont get hit.

As a side not,
I Participated last year and made it to the semi final with my team. XD lil secret revealed

PS: the battle dont last long enough to have a stalker in the team, also good teams wont even let other char get near their ME.

If you really check out for a good team... well I might be in with paladin, ill check it out.

Ok, please make sure check your sources, because Final Strike has, and I quote "There is absolutely no cast time and no delay." That is from the site that I posted earlier. And it is true, I've used Killing Strike and directly after used cicada. Cicada does have a delay, but not enough to matter, no one can hit more then 3 shots without knocking them out of range. Ninja's can easily dodge most magic as well as long as they have a smokie card, which like I've said every good ninja has, well at least every killing strike/taijutsu ninja. Also, vit and str is a taijutsu ninja's stats, they don't need int since they aren't getting the spells. Also about the Champ, I think of mental strenght as a weakness because they aren't allowed to use skills while in mental strenght, basically rendering them useless, since champs thrive on skills whether it be combo or asura or a hybrid. Also I am thinking of making the ninja a ninpou ninja, since it's pretty obvious that gravity wanted ninja's to use ninpou since thier spells are so good. Aside from the discussion about which is better ninja's or champs, I might just replace the ninja with a champ ONLY because extended class is not allowed in the RWC, and it will give us more practice using a champ than ninja. However I'm still not sure, I still need to talk to the others in the team.

And when I said I didn't want crisizm I meant I don't want people coming in here just to prove me wrong and not really contribute anything, so far Silv is the only one that has really helped and brought up valid points. And if we shouldn't have a stalker(which was going to be my character XD) who should we use instead? Maybe replace with a champ to have a ninja and a champ on the team?

Alexander:If you don't think of yourself as the best, you never will be, part of being good is having confidence in yourself and your abilities, I never said I was the greatest at really anything, I was just saying that I am good and ninja's and I know a lot about them and how they work, more then most people. Just like someone else could know more about paladins or LK's than me.

EDIT:I've decided to get a Champ instead of a Ninja, ONLY because it wouldn't be smart to rely on the Ninja if they can't even come the the RWC if we win. If we expect to win we not only have to know how our own classes work, but how they work with the other classes. Also, although the matches may be short, I still think a stalker would be effective, because a paladin without a shield can't use rapid smiting, smite, or reflect shield, and that can hurt a paladin a lot, and also since they can't use reflect shield it will leave them open for asura since the champ won't die from the reflect. Another thing is that people, especially priests, like to have status effect armor, get rid of those and there will be a little less death.
Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2007, 01:10 AM by Rei.)
06-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Find Reply
silvanel Offline
Banned

Threads: 25
If you use a stalker, then get him a second use(intimidate storm gust) int dex build.

priority order

Creator
Clown
Paladin(battle chant,gloria domini sub healer int vit build)
Scholar
Highpriest
High wiz(semi defensive build fire pillar, sg, quagmire)
Champion(asura/root mental strenght)
Stalker(dex int build stormgust)

Creator will be the main killer
Then high wiz
and finaly champ.
every other class msut support those 3.
5 def for 3 attack

stalker can be submitted to change for a gypsy,sniper or sinx(SDbuild)
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Find Reply
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

I guess that would probably be the best party. Except the Stalker will be replaced by the SinX.
You're right the Creator, Wiz, and Champ are the main killers, and having the rest back them up would be the most effective battle plan. Since the Minstrel can use MC, MS, and Acoustic Rhythm, they can help a lot and the other team wouldn't be able to get close enough to get the buffs anyway. The Wiz will be there in case there's someone who doesn't get ME for some reason and if their Scholar dies, and on the side he can use JT. And the champ and paladin can not only be killers but also there for extra support with heal, pneuma, and bless. Haha, I guess my team did suck before XD.
But that's why I posted here is to get others opinions and others outlooks. I think my original plan was good, but only in theory since after you add in the other teams spontaneousness then there's no real way anyone can effectivly counter that. I was thinking of them acting a certain way in which that just won't happen. So, I guess I'll conform to everyone else since everyone has the same team for a reason right?

Sorry everyone, I was being hard headed and kinda mean, I sometimes get like that when I get competitive, sorry everyone, I know you're just trying to help.

Oh ya, I've decided to be the priest, I've been told multiple times that I'm a good priest, and I won't get so worked up healing people lol, but I'm still going to test myself in PvP once we get more members for the team.
Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2007, 12:51 PM by Rei.)
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Find Reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Threads: 36
Quote: (Because I'm too lazy to ACTUALLY QUOTE)
"Alexander:If you don't think of yourself as the best, you never will be, part of being good is having confidence in yourself and your abilities, I never said I was the greatest at really anything, I was just saying that I am good and ninja's and I know a lot about them and how they work, more then most people. Just like someone else could know more about paladins or LK's than me."

I don't really play anymore. I feel that I've hit the pinnacle of my abilities with RO, and that was probably a large contributing factor for my stopping playing. As for how high that pinnacle may have been? I'm not one to judge. I'm sure the veterans of the server though can give you their impressions on my ability to fight and lead a guild.

And there is a large difference between confidence, and arrogance wrapped in a snide condenscending attitude.

Take that as you will.
06-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Find Reply