Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could have sworn I already suggested this...
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??Could have sworn I already suggested this...

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:We could add a lvlup npc and people would say "yay" too.

Lvl Up NPC is obviously taking it too far and I, for one, wouldn't even join such a server. This is one small thing that doesn't even mean that much to me. It's a good idea ad no one here is presenting a valid reason for it not to be implemented. I do not doubt some of the things they say are true, however none of the statements provided hold any weight to the argument.

Cards, equips, aco-classes, and drops provide what I am asking. That's great; and you can buy things with money, credit cards, or checks. Yet, wouldn't it be neat if you could pay with your fingerprint which is connected to your bank account?

Yes, I am arguing to make something easier. Easier for everyone, though. Yeah, maybe it'll give someone an advantage in PvP, but this advantage is available to the entire public at a cost. If someone says it's not fair that someone had an advantage because he could walk faster due to a pot; it would be like saying it's unfair for someone to use an awake pot (which is probably dumb to use in PvP unless you know you're gonna be alive for a while), or even a card. These are all things which are available to everyone and just because you don't have one doesn't make the other guy unfairly combat-inclined.

It's just... Walking Faster. I mean, how much damage does Walking Faster cause? Tell me.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
10-18-2007 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Could have sworn I already suggested this...

Dude, we aren't saying we are against using the pots or anything like that, but authoritative badges, speed pots and such have values attached to them that would be really good to keep, I just think people should hunt for these things to have their convienience, or use a aco class or whitesmith character or peco.

There are just so many ways to get your speed upped that I see no reason at ALL for speed pots that up the walking speed, cause the items we mentioned all do the same thing you are wanting.

If you think it doesn't do anything, you are really wrong, it really affects pvp and woe a lot to use authoritative badges and speed pots, they really can make a difference in some battles. For example, you can't dispel the speed from the authoritative badge or speed pot.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2007 03:16 AM by Aaronock.)
10-18-2007 03:15 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Here's an example of how easy to get speed pots can unbalance WoE. Let's say I want to kill a hunter that I know is further in the room. As soon as I walk onto his screen he's gonna DS me. I can kill him in one hit however and so if I get close he is going to be backing up. So I try to attack and die before I can close the gap on the screen. If I had a movespeed pot however, I could get to him so fast that he doesn't have time to react. Bam dead. But what if he had a speed pot? Wouldn't make a difference because in the time it takes him to hit the button I'm already next to him and he's dead. How about those last crucial seconds before WoE ends? It may take a few minutes to walk all the way to an emp room. But with a speed pot I can make it there in less than a minute. I personally would love to have an easily obtainable speed pot but it's not going to help the balance of the server. If anything we should just change thunder boxes to how they used to be.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
10-18-2007 03:50 AM
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

Just stick to available items for increasing speed since next thing you know ppl gonna wanna have a bless items. There are already INcantation herbs, distilled water but also I'm not sure if the cooking quests are open here, but you can also cook foods that increase stats for a limited time

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
10-18-2007 06:35 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We're always thankful for suggestions, some of them are added, some not, depending on what we judge best for the server. Seeing as we already have items that temporary boost walking speed and the warps npc I don't find it necessary for any new items that would serve this purpose. Futhermore, if sold at low cost it would nullify the use of the other items (speed potion, auth badges, boxes, etc.) and render skills that boost walking speed less useful.

The last server I played before we opened heRO 2 years ago, happens to be the one you came from, at least its former version. I remember they had fish that gave skills, including agi up 10 and bless 10, so everyone could walk around with their portable aco on them. We chose to include fish here but only hp/sp ones, no skill-fish. It was decided on purpose because we felt it would be better this way for heRO. What's good for one server is not necessarily good for another ^_^;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-18-2007 09:07 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

@Whisper : It was sarcasm.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-18-2007 10:32 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??Could have sworn I already suggested this...

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:@Whisper : It was sarcasm.

I know, but??I decided the thwart anyone who might actually use that as a defense.??I know humans, and they welcome any excuse that helps their argument unless they have a pride issue.

So, I figured I'd say that's overkill and acknowledge my opinions about it before someone decided to use that as an attack on my idea.??=o

Oh yeah.

@Panda - XeRO didn't have the Bawls Guarana. This was a different server way back in the day - before people even heard of Transcendent or 2-3 Classes.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2007 01:49 PM by Whispers.)
10-18-2007 01:46 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Ok, nvm about that part then, but aswer still the same overall ^_^;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-18-2007 02:06 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

Whispers Wrote:I know humans, and they welcome any excuse that helps their argument unless they have a pride issue.

No you don't buddy. But thats a whole other topic.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
10-18-2007 02:24 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:????Could have sworn I already suggested this...

Jasper Wrote:
Whispers Wrote:I know humans, and they welcome any excuse that helps their argument unless they have a pride issue.

No you don't buddy. But thats a whole other topic.

I know people better than people know themselves. Trust this. I say this not out of pride or so I can say w/e I want and say it's true because I know so much; but only because this is a simple truth. I have a very solid understanding of people. People as a whole, in groups, and even individuals. It is a gift, a blessing.

It probably started when I was kid since I never liked racism, sexism, etc. It's just not intelligent to stereotype people, so I began studying people; and now here I am with a great skill for reading them.

In any case, Panda gave her verdict and this topic is now closed. No1

10-18-2007 03:29 PM
Thread Closed