Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP Tournament
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: PvP Tournament

hmm the pvp tourney that the GMs held when i first joined the server was awesome. just do another thing like that
08-25-2008 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Much to Auron's displease, we still got a lot of "too many poison bottles" "too little acid demos allowed" and etc etc etc.

I dont' see any reason to restrict gears. My view is if there is any need to restrict skill usage and/or consumable items, actually.

08-25-2008 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

if i recall correctly there was only 1 edp allowed per 2 round match. cant restrict any more than that without banning edp.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2008 05:01 PM by teOx.)
08-25-2008 05:00 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

A pvp tournement with good feedbacks from everyone :

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1460

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
08-25-2008 05:18 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??PvP Tournament

GM-Ayu Wrote:Much to Auron's displease, we still got a lot of "too many poison bottles" "too little acid demos allowed" and etc etc etc.

I dont' see any reason to restrict gears. My view is if there is any need to restrict skill usage and/or consumable items, actually.

Id think restricting gears would balance somethings out. But maybe not.
SOooooooo im guessing no one likes my class vs class thing?
XD

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-25-2008 08:07 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

I am completely against restricting Gears, i think the reasons are quite obvious.
But i am in favor of banning/restricting some items.

Nemo Fish
Dori Fish
Angel Fish
Ygg Stuff
Autoritative Badge
Speed Potion

And some others i can't think of right now

That would be it, i don't mind people having a lot of EDPs or Acid Demo stuff, its a vital part of their class advantages.
I still think Hide should be restricted instead of Stalk walk. Stalk walk is waaay to easy to Dispell if you compare it to Hiding.
I am not considering MarineSphere/Horong Clips in here, just natural class skills.

Stalk Walk

Swordsman Class ---> Magnum Break.
Archer Class ---> Arrow Shower.
Thief Class ---> Raid as a Rogue and Meteor Storm as a SinX, don't know if Grimthooth or Poison Mist work.
Mage Class ---> Almost everything XD
Acolyte Class ---> Doomed =[
Merchant Class ---> Not sure, i think they're Doomed, then again;i know almost nothing about these guys.
Ninja ---> Fire square thingie...
TK ---> Doomed as far as i know.
Gunslinger ---> Desperado.

As for Hiding....

Swordsman Class ---> Doomed.
Archer Class ---> Increase Concentration.
Thief Class ---> Doomed.
Mage Class ---> Sight.
Acolyte Class ---> Ruwach.
Merchant Class ---> Doomed.
Ninja ---> Doomed.
TK ---> Doomed.
Gunslinger ---> Doomed.

See the difference?
08-26-2008 12:49 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

i think if its a 3 vs 3 or even if it isnt there souldnt be draw's i think the GMs should deside who wins if there is a draw...i think there should only be draws if its like Paladin vs Paladin and it would take 10 minutes to kill eachother. Not when theres 1 LK vs an Assassin that hides the whole round to avoid death.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
08-26-2008 02:29 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Kretzer Wrote:I am completely against restricting Gears, i think the reasons are quite obvious.
But i am in favor of banning/restricting some items.

Nemo Fish
Dori Fish
Angel Fish
Ygg Stuff
Autoritative Badge
Speed Potion

And some others i can't think of right now

That would be it, i don't mind people having a lot of EDPs or Acid Demo stuff, its a vital part of their class advantages.
I still think Hide should be restricted instead of Stalk walk. Stalk walk is waaay to easy to Dispell if you compare it to Hiding.
I am not considering MarineSphere/Horong Clips in here, just natural class skills.

Stalk Walk

Swordsman Class ---> Magnum Break.
Archer Class ---> Arrow Shower.
Thief Class ---> Raid as a Rogue and Meteor Storm as a SinX, don't know if Grimthooth or Poison Mist work.
Mage Class ---> Almost everything XD
Acolyte Class ---> Doomed =[
Merchant Class ---> Not sure, i think they're Doomed, then again;i know almost nothing about these guys.
Ninja ---> Fire square thingie...
TK ---> Doomed as far as i know.
Gunslinger ---> Desperado.

As for Hiding....

Swordsman Class ---> Doomed.
Archer Class ---> Increase Concentration.
Thief Class ---> Doomed.
Mage Class ---> Sight.
Acolyte Class ---> Ruwach.
Merchant Class ---> Doomed.
Ninja ---> Doomed.
TK ---> Doomed.
Gunslinger ---> Doomed.

See the difference?
Smith side would be doomed vrs stalk walk, but alchemist, if they were smart enough to use bomb, ( that annoying little fire trap that breaks your weapon and armor by chance and causes damage when you step in it that eddga likes to cast right under you in zerk)And I'm not sure if homunculus can see through that or not. In hiding, Ninja wouldn't be doomed because ciceda scin shedding would keep them alive too, it'd e more of a stalemate. I think the poison mist would still poison you, but since it doesn't do any direct damage, it'd just sap your HP away without knocking you out.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 02:38 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-26-2008 02:37 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??PvP Tournament

thecursed Wrote:i think if its a 3 vs 3 or even if it isnt there souldnt be draw's i think the GMs should deside who wins if there is a draw...i think there should only be draws if its like Paladin vs Paladin and it would take 10 minutes to kill eachother. Not when theres 1 LK vs an Assassin that hides the whole round to avoid death.

But the whole point of doing it like that is to test skill (and have fun)
But im sayin if people maybe signed up for the tourney in advance
like people could make up there team, and post them on the forums before it starts.
And even if a team is 3 LK's vs 3 LK's, It might take a min, but it will be challenging if they do it.
Shoot, it will be chalenging to see a priest, knight, and wiz beat a sin, priest and BS

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-26-2008 07:29 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

PVP tournaments are hard to organize for GMs, they usually bring complaints which make them uninteresting to host, specially since they require preparation, line up and such.

This doesn't mean we'll never have them anymore, just saying why we have so few.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-26-2008 03:11 PM