• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food Talk
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Food Talk

:OOOO

<3 Nima.

Nice cake!

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-23-2010 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

OH those are awesome Nima!

[Image: sigp.gif]
05-24-2010 12:21 AM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

RE:??Food Talk

Nima ^^ Wrote:(pics, wouldn't be good to quote them)

I'm gonna hire you for my wedding.
(well, if my other half agrees)

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 05:27 AM by Mort.)
05-24-2010 05:26 AM
Nima ^^ Offline
I'm confused

LOL ok Jens but you have to pay for shipping =p

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird. When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
05-26-2010 01:40 AM
XxRacsxX Offline
Certified Brat

OMG... Ice Cream and Fries! D: /slur
WOW I CRAVE FOR THAT! D:
T_____________________________________T

LOVE IS A HIDEOUS TRICK OF FATE
05-27-2010 09:59 PM
manikertamang Offline
Banned

As I am not a perfect cooker but enjoy to eat a varieties of food. Last September I had been to LA BBQ festival where I had a chanece to have a delicious BBQ recipes. The one with the Wood Fired Oven had won the festival award. i exactly don't know know the recipes but the BBQ with hand made pickle by Anze was very delicious.
06-17-2010 10:56 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

1stly goeyduck with blue cheese and strawberries chopped and folded into it serve the goeduck almost raw like a shashimi or however you spell it.2nd and one of my favs a pork loin chop wraped in bacon servered with a bbq sauce and mango salsa chiviche. garnished with a mint leaf it is bon apatite. truely a must try during mango season.
06-18-2010 09:36 AM
akamaru516 Offline
Ruff

i know a good salsa but i don't like sweets so i don't know about alot of pastries...but hm....i dunno :O

RONPC Wiz 92/50
I Dunno What To Be Sage 60/35

"I'm a ninja."
"No your not."
"See that?"
"See what?"
"Exactly."
06-18-2010 11:44 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

It can r be recipe tiem nao?

Gerik's Jambalaya Supreme!

1 can of tomato sauce OR 1 can of tomatoes in liquid.
2 Medium sized tomatoes.
4 Sausages (I like using Abruzzo or Chaurice sausage in mine-- it's spicy, and enhances the flavour a lot! If you don't like spicy food, you can use Kielbasa or Knactwurst)
1 Large Chicken Breast
2 cups of white rice (sticky or granular, but I like sticky more, maybe I'm biased. Oh, it can be uncooked too, or already cooked.)
1 Japaleno Pepper (removable if you don't like food spicy)
1 green, 1 red pepper
2 stalks of celery
5 cloves of garlic
1 whole cooking onion
Olive Oil
Grated Cheese
Bay Leaves, Oregano, Thyme, Basil
Salt and Pepper

Pre-cooking!

Rub down chicken with Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Salt and Pepper.
Cut up peppers into bite sized pieces, and cut up onion and garlic. Cut little slivers into the jalapeno, but not too deep-- and set that aside. It'll start releasing all the spicy goodness.

Optional: Cook the rice already.

If you have a can of tomatoes and not sauce (Real tomato sauce works way better than pasta sauce, by the way), then open that up in a pot and crush them to bits and pieces, over a light bit of heat. Do this until it becomes a pace. Make sure to use the liquid in the can in the pot too!

---

1. Take a frying pan and drizzle a small amount of oil, and start to fry up about half of the garlic and onion, set rest aside. Fry up the meat (try to brown the outside of the chicken), and once finished remove from heat and cut up the meat into bite size pieces. The meat does not have to be fully cooked.

Chef Tip: I like to cut up the sausages before frying them up-- it makes it cook faster and lets the tasty inner juice seep out. For the chicken breast, I like to cut a lot of slits in it then fry that up, letting the inside cook just a little. Then I find it easier to just rip the chicken into pieces-- instead of making everything into equal little cubes, it gives the dish variety.

2. In a large pot, put the rest of the garlic and onion in. Take the leftover oil and already fried up garlic and onion from the frying pan, and put that in too. Put in tomato sauce/paste, 4-5 bay leaves, herbs, and salt and pepper. Also put in your meat now, and stir that over the heat until the meat is fully cooked.

3. Take your rice and place it in the tomato sauce with meat afterwards. If your rice is already cooked, put half a cup of water in to help it seep up liquid. If your rice is uncooked, you will need to put a lot of water in, as the rice will need to absorb it to cook and fluff out. Stir constantly, so as to avoid getting burnt rice on the bottom.

4. Put in celery, peppers, and the jalapeno. Stir for 2-3 minutes, to let their flavours mix in. Put these in last, though, because peppers cook fast and the celery needs to be crispy at the end-- gives it texture Icon_smile Salt and pepper to taste.

5. Once everything is cooked (You'll know when it is, because the rice will have absorbed the moisture and you won't really have sauce left-- just red rice with meat and nom nom goodness), take off heat and cut up tomatoes, laying them on top. Spinkle on cheese. Serve hot!

---

Voil?. Quick, easy, delicious Jambalaya! I thought it was hard too but after making it, it came out really well.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 01:11 PM by Zerrif.)
06-22-2010 01:08 PM
Nima ^^ Offline
I'm confused

That sounds really good Gerik ^_^

Here is something for you guys to try my awesome hamburgers!

Note: This is something I threw together so there isn't any exact amounts on seasoning.

You need:
Ground Beef (80/20) about 2.5-3#
1 pack of bacon
soy sauce
pepper
paprika
chipotle powder
mesquite seasoning
crushed red pepper flakes
2 eggs

Cut the bacon into small squares and mix the bacon (raw) into the ground beef along with the eggs and seasoning. Form patties and cook as desired. Cook the burgers to at least 141 degrees or until the juice in the burger comes out clear. Add cheese if you want to and enjoy! =D

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird. When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
06-26-2010 12:45 PM