RE: Error?
Hopefully it'll work ^_^
09-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE: ??Error?
ToriTrufeld Wrote:Alright. I am trying KohakuSan's guide with downloading each update separately and saving them to the RO folder. If that doesn't work, I'll try the full hero download... If that doesn't work, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I'll just have to wait until I get a new computer.??._.

If what you're doing now still doesn't work, try to do what I had to few weeks ago.

When I had to reinstall heRO earlier, I downloaded the kRO client from RMS here: link

(be sure to get the runtime file at the top of that page and read that small paragraph!)

After that, get the heRO mini-patcher and apply the heRO patcher to it. You're all ready to go with full updates for ep 12.1 and everything except for the BGM then!

09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Website Find Reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Threads: 30
That's what I always do, I never downloaded the HeRO full client lol
If you have any questions about the guide, just ask it here ToriTrufeld.
Keep us updated, good luck Icon_biggrin
09-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
ToriTrufeld Offline

Threads: 2
Okay, I know it's been forever since I posted here and I was supposed to keep people updated, but life kind of got in the way. >_< I had a lot of homework for my college classes and didn't have time to try to figure out this problem, plus my computer died a little more. ._. Anyways, last thing I did, was downloading each of those separate updates. That didn't work, Sakray still froze up and the game still froze when I tried to run it. Anyways, I'm sort of in the process of looking to buy a new laptop. My laptop's monitor is totally dead and I've got it plugged into a desktop monitor just to use it, so I think it's time for a new computer. Hopefully with a new one I won't have trouble with RO. I've had trouble finding one I like for a good price though, so no telling when I'll finally buy it (would have already bought one if they hadn't raised the price on the one I was planning on getting -_-) but once I get a new one I'll try installing RO on it and seeing if it works since this computer just refuses to cooperate with this game or anything else really. My only concern is Vista, I've heard mixed things about it. A guy working at a computer store told me not to get it, but XP comps cost more, and a neighbor told me to go ahead and get Vista and that it would make no sense to get an older operating system. Are there any problems with trying to play RO on a Vista computer?
10-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Find Reply
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Threads: 52
I play on both xp and vista. The biggest problem is installing it on vista, which there is another thread somewhere about that. XP is a good plateform even though its older, its more stable and easier to use. Your neightbors statement is very wrong as I said above, XP has many more perks to it then vista.

I personally use a duel set-up. Installed it on a XP then loading my entire RO folder onto a usb drive and copy and paste it from the usb to my vista. Of course I did all the updates on the XP first, heRO, Sakray, kRO, ect... and re-ran the patchers on vista for double checking.
GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
10-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Website Find Reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Threads: 71
Vista is new thus endless errors still plague it. But it isn't as fragile as it used to be.

Fates also recommends buying a PC instead of a laptop if possible. Easier to maintain and upgrade.
[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Let us know how it goes once you got your new computer, I recommend xp over vista if you can get it.
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Find Reply
ToriTrufeld Offline

Threads: 2
RE:??Error?
GT-Hiro Wrote:I play on both xp and vista. The biggest problem is installing it on vista, which there is another thread somewhere about that. XP is a good plateform even though its older, its more stable and easier to use. Your neightbors statement is very wrong as I said above, XP has many more perks to it then vista.

I personally use a duel set-up. Installed it on a XP then loading my entire RO folder onto a usb drive and copy and paste it from the usb to my vista. Of course I did all the updates on the XP first, heRO, Sakray, kRO, ect... and re-ran the patchers on vista for double checking.

Well, I've got my new laptop now and so far I'm actually pretty happy with it. Vista has not caused me any problems... Yet. What I'm wondering now is what is the best way to install RO on here? Should I just attempt to do it as normal, download it from here directly to this computer and install it? I don't think I could move it from my XP computer to here because it was on that computer that I was having all those issues with updating it. Something is clearly wrong over there so I think if I moved the game from that computer to this computer I'd just be moving those problems with it. I do have some CDs that my boyfriend made for me years ago with RO on them so that I could install them quickly onto my computer without the long download time, but they are so old I think the updating would take forever anyways.

And Fates, I had to get a laptop. I do realize desktops are probably less fragile and run games better, but I needed the portability of a laptop. I need to be able to take it to school, as well as out of town or wherever I need to use it. I'm an internet addict so if I leave home for an extended period of time I need a computer. XD That was the main problem with my XP computer. Screen was dead, so I had it connected to a desktop screen, it had basically become a desktop. There were really no other problems with it, other than the fact it wouldn't run RO and another game of mine. So if I didn't mind a desktop I would have just not gotten a new laptop.
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
I recommend trying the full installer, if that doesn't work then we can work from there.
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Threads: 124
what she said cause there are some things that are client specific, like the new chat box. So you wouldn't get that stuff with older client versions :S which could/would inevitably lead to stupid errors ):

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Find Reply