Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

Firenza Wrote:Another reason why I don't see selling loot as a solution is because the longer someone plays, the more space their equipments will take.

Whispers Wrote:I'm just saying that I have never filled my storage to capacity in the eight years I've played RO.??lol

I am so confused. -_-''

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
11-08-2011 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenza Offline

RE: Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

That may say more about my ineffective storing habits then...
11-08-2011 08:36 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

My main acc only has 556 items in storage.
My fem acc, where most of my hats are, has 589 items in storage.
My accessory acc [linkers, sage, event novices] has 229 items in storage.

There are a lot of items that just do absolutely nothing but may be worth something to NPCs [especially in bulk].

There are other items which do absolutely nothing which aren't worth anything to anybody and are best dropped in town for the local feral wild rose to toy with. Ok

11-08-2011 11:07 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

Firenza Wrote:I stockpile loot because I can never know in advance what a custom quest/event may require.

Another reason why I don't see selling loot as a solution is because the longer someone plays, the more space their equipments will take. Once all that space is taken up by those gears, then we won't be able to use our storage as a transferring tool to pass our loot to our merchants.

There reaches a time where you have to say "Okay. Which of these can I easily hunt again, should they come up for a quest" and other such things.

Keeping that 200 fluff or that 1 frozen heart really isn't worth the storage space.

True. However, the longer someone plays, the more they also tend to refine their current, or sell older gears, or use them on other, lower level char accounts, etc.

I don't think even most vets run up 1000 even slightly-regularly used gears.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-08-2011 11:26 PM
Firenza Offline

RE: ??Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

Ellie Wrote:Keeping that 200 fluff or that 1 frozen heart really isn't worth the storage space.

I'm not saying that your suggestion is bad. I'd do that, but I would just get so mad at myself for having to spend time hunting those again that I'd rather spend it on trying to clear up my storage a bit. To each their own I guess.
11-09-2011 07:46 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

I've been playing on HeRO since 2008, and my storage has reach 1000 twice, now it never lowers from 900. I did a massive cleaning and dropped it down to the 800 mark, got 4m from NPCing. Now, i slowly tetris my storage to keep the most amount of useless crap while still having enough space for gears and anything i would like to stock on to later break or vend.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
11-09-2011 09:05 PM
Apples Offline

But...
I like keeping my xxxxx of yyyyy.
Poor storage is forever at 90% full.
When it is maxed, sometime I get lazy and open a pet to drop items rather cleaning my storage and continue on to whatever I was doing.
I am sure some party mates saw me opening my pet that was filled of random stuffy that isn't dropped in the dungeon that we are in.

I will be always hearing my brother complaining that I need to clean my storage out when he logs in my account... Or why a character is 90% full while kafra is maxed out. Heh.

The only thing I have to complain about is the lack of renewal client, I need that search bar!

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 10:30 AM by Apples.)
11-11-2011 10:29 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I am a living example of the 'just upgrade it' mentality.

The only down side to this mentality, is when your storage starts getting cluttered with nice upgraded gears, that you will never use.

Then you get storages that start looking like this list:
+7 tux
+7 Orcish Sword
+7 Haedonggum
+7 Nagan
+7 Fortune Sword
+7 Sucsamad
+7 katar of frozen icicle (x3)
+7 katar of raging blaze (x4)
+7 Unholy Touch
+7 doom slayer
+7 giganto axe
+8 soul staff
+7 Bible
+7 tablet
+7 book of the apocalyse (x2)
+7 girl's diary
+7 book of the blazing sun
+8 ancient magic
+7 wand of occult
+7 Red Flame whip (x3)
+7 icicle whip
+7 mirror shield (x2)
+7 coat
+7 padded armor (x2)
+7 full plate (x4)
+7 theif clothes
+7 pantie
+7 orleans uniform (x3)
+7 voina dagger
+7 western outlaw
+8 gate keeper
+7 gatekeeper DD
+7 lever action rife
+7 huuma morning star shuriken
+7 Silver Shotel (x5)
+8 Silver Shotel
+8 Shadow walks (x3)

My real problem is with Kafra. They have easily stored the weight of a second moon somehow; and haven't screwed any of Ragnarok's gravity up. Just some of the stacks in my storage should be good enough to change the tides in most places in the world.

Assuming that 1 weight = 1 kg (we'll say kg because RO is not an American game that works off of our silly system, I know that this is a silly conversion because that would mean that my 1 str prof can carry 2,460 kg before he reaches max weight, but they say "weight" and I think of a solid form of weight like pound, or kg, when talking about a weight, not a fraction of a weight)

1 metric ton = 1,000 kg.

1 iron ore = 15 weight
My stack in storage of iron ore= 15,090 pieces = 226,350 kg = 226 tons

Even my empty bottles at 2 weight each, the stack I have in storage is a dump of 10,270 kg, which is 2 elephants worth of empty bottles.

Nemo at 40 weight (1,629 of those in storage) and dory at 35 weight (3,541 of those in storage) would amass to a staggering 189 tons of fish.

I already have??425 metric tons in iron ore, empty bottles, and only two types of fish.

Let's assume that all accounts that are active (we're not going to worry about the inactive accounts right now) have about 600 metric tons worth of JUNK in them. I'm thinking that if you're using all 1,000 storage spots, this shouldn't be too hard to do.

With about 400 active accounts on during the peak hours, we're running about 240,000 metric tons in Kafra storage on active accounts.

Note- a world trade center tower weighs 500,000 metric ton. So Kafra is hiding (at least) half a world trade center tower somewhere.

Even if we round the average weight of an account down to only 100 metric tons on average (this assumes that there are a lot of people that make accounts and don't horde nearly as much as the rest of us do, bringing the average down quite a bit), according to the CP we have 57,555 accounts on HeRO. That would mean that we have 5,755,500 metric tons of weight in kafra storage.

That's 10 world trade center towers.

WHERE ARE THESE GIANT TOWERS OF STORAGE!? I DEMAND TO SEE 10 413 METER TALL TOWERS OF JUNK!!

(side note: assuming that 1 zenny = 1 coin that weighs roughly 1 oz. It takes roughly 35 zenny = 1 kg. According to CP, we have 27,859,931,463??zenny on the server, which means we have 795,998 metric tons of zenny. That's one and a half world trade towers)
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2011 02:00 AM by Adrillf.)
11-17-2011 01:02 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Hey, I'll be more than glad to take that soul staff off your hands for ya.??Ok

11-17-2011 01:58 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I think you need to change your weight, and divide it by at least 10 or more.

Empty bottles do not weigh 2kg each. Feathers do not weigh 1kg each. Icon_sad

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

11-17-2011 02:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply