Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto-Shutdown
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Auto-Shutdown

teOx Wrote:i know those fail bots exist. im more confused why we're suddenly talking about them and what they have to do with autoshutdown unless youre worried everyone will suddenly bot and use that as an excuse?

We were talking about them because should the coincidence that auto-shutdown script got some strange timing to log you out when GM get online, you can't expect GM not to get suspicious at you about it and you need to have that mentality in mind if you plan to use this.

12-11-2008 06:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Auto-Shutdown

botting should have nothing to do with this thread except for making the comparison that afkemist is similar to botting. all other references are off topic. if you are afkemisting and a GM is on you wouldnt log off you would say hi. the rare occasion that it would apply is if someone actually does leave for more than a minute and he gets logged off by autoshutdown at the same time GM arrives.

tl;dr
use autoshutdown.
12-11-2008 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

teOx Wrote:the rare occasion that it would apply is if someone actually does leave for more than a minute and he gets logged off by autoshutdown at the same time GM arrives.

... which is what we are talking about -_-;

12-11-2008 07:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lol then youre telling everyone to try to not afk exactly when a GM is coming?

ok kids remember to never log off until before or after you get bot checked since you all clearly know exactly when its coming.

get it? this can happen to anyone who logs off when you happen to be hiding in screen and is in no way different from normal play. autoshutdown solves all! not like having any kind of mentality will solve anything.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 07:24 PM by teOx.)
12-11-2008 07:21 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE: ??Auto-Shutdown

GM-Ayu Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Easy defense would be to have a gm character on 100% of the time for those bots.??

If you pay my electricity bill Krim Ok

secret auto trading gm? /ok

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
12-11-2008 11:27 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Would be the easiest way to go.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-12-2008 12:27 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

@inasad>>
hmm that is true, thank you for reminding me about such time constraints. Well perhaps 3 minutes is sensible. IMHO 1 minute is a bit too short.

@teOx>>
yes, you can probably get away with it, but still as panda said: being able to get away with it does not mean you should do it.

furthermore, i haven't tried to bot heRO (and i have no urge to ever do so -no real goal for me, i don't even WOE), but i can believe that what you consider "easy" is not "easy" at all.
botters first have to learn how to log into heRO passing the preliminary checks and login processes.
after that the bot program have to "learn" the database and the numbers of the items and objects that it "sees". Just numbers, but they can really throw off how the bot config works. Just like how some un-updated clients "crash" when someone walks in with a new hat, but bot programs don't really crash, they just get loads of unidentifiable numbers and objects. You could try to manually input all the info, but again you need help to let the bot "see" these items and objects and "learn" them by recompiling after "seeing" those objects.
So yeah a GM with fancy colors and items would throw off bots, and aggro monsters with unique ID for bot checks will also ruin how the bot runs...
and while it is easy to identify the "gm" flag for gm chars on the screen (even when the gm is in "perfect hide") and tell the bot to log out for a set amount of time or to quit the program itself, it will create suspicion and GMs such as Ayu and Panda already know that these "mysterious" logouts are to be monitored and scrutinized.

so yeah i believe it is NOT "easy"...

however i do have a suggestion of sorts for the GM team; have someone who knows the ins and outs of botting (or do you already have one?) try to access heRO and try to outsmart the current bot-detection efforts. Of course you should monitor the items gained etc and delete chars and whole accounts if needs be to empty the kafra as to prevent corruption.

-w-
12-12-2008 12:39 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Auto-Shutdown

mahawirasd Wrote:however i do have a suggestion of sorts for the GM team; have someone who knows the ins and outs of botting (or do you already have one?) try to access heRO and try to outsmart the current bot-detection efforts. Of course you should monitor the items gained etc and delete chars and whole accounts if needs be to empty the kafra as to prevent corruption.

:3 Ok

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-12-2008 01:35 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lol thats why i said it was stupid to say "as long as you can pass a bot check we dont care what you do irl"
12-12-2008 02:23 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

but naturlijk my dear watson, what are we to each other but bytes and symbols?

-w-

PS: general, do you mean that there is already a botter working for the GM team?
may i inquire who?
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2008 12:46 AM by mahawirasd.)
12-15-2008 12:44 AM