Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Further draw distance
elehifi Offline

Further draw distance

I think something that would benefit everyone would be further draw distances for NPCS/players/monsters. I find the draw distance to be only 5-6 cells, and that kind of botches any reason to make a ranged character who needs to get in close to even see his/her target :/.

This also helps when having to search for NPCs, so you don't have to walk within a few cells around every single map to try and find them.

*For those who don't know. Draw distance is the distance (in this case, cells) in which things come into appearance on your screen.
08-29-2009 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Further draw distance

The draw distance (at least, how I saw it with the camera zoomed out), is 15 cells, inclusive of your character, but the camera zoom shows far more than that, however, you can't see any NPCs or monsters.

Increasing draw distance sounds like something abusable in terms of MvP, since you can probably spot it before it spots you, and all monsters have a maximum sight range (in cells). Increasing the draw distance for players would make it substantially more easier to spot and evaluate incoming threats.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
08-29-2009 02:13 PM
elehifi Offline

RE:??Further draw distance

Galt Wrote:The draw distance (at least, how I saw it with the camera zoomed out), is 15 cells, inclusive of your character, but the camera zoom shows far more than that, however, you can't see any NPCs or monsters.

Increasing draw distance sounds like something abusable in terms of MvP, since you can probably spot it before it spots you, and all monsters have a maximum sight range (in cells). Increasing the draw distance for players would make it substantially more easier to spot and evaluate incoming threats.

Well the thing I don't like, is I was training my mage on poporings, and I didn't see an angeling on the screen. I moved one cell, it suddenly appeared out of nowhere and destoryed me when it spotted me. I understand it could be "abusing" if you spot it before it spots you. But why can they see you but you can't see them til there pixels suddenly appear and you die.
08-29-2009 03:28 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: ??Further draw distance

elehifi Wrote:
Galt Wrote:The draw distance (at least, how I saw it with the camera zoomed out), is 15 cells, inclusive of your character, but the camera zoom shows far more than that, however, you can't see any NPCs or monsters.

Well the thing I don't like, is I was training my mage on poporings, and I didn't see an angeling on the screen. I moved one cell, it suddenly appeared out of nowhere and destoryed me when it spotted me. I understand it could be "abusing" if you spot it before it spots you. But why can they see you but you can't see them til there pixels suddenly appear and you die.
I do believe you are speaking of the Arc Angeling. The normal Angeling is not aggresive.

I can see why you'd want the draw distance to be increased. I think it can be done, but only for 2-3 cells to prevent it from drastically affecting the game.

Oh, and Arc Angeling has a sight detection range of 12 cells, so it can quite literally see you from across the screen.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
08-29-2009 03:38 PM
elehifi Offline

RE:????Further draw distance

Galt Wrote:
elehifi Wrote:

I do believe you are speaking of the Arc Angeling. The normal Angeling is not aggresive.

I can see why you'd want the draw distance to be increased. I think it can be done, but only for 2-3 cells to prevent it from drastically affecting the game.

Oh, and Arc Angeling has a sight detection range of 12 cells, so it can quite literally see you from across the screen.

That must of been the one. But ya. Even just a little increase would make it much better. Because when something can see you before its even on your screen, there is really no possible defense except a finger at all times readily on a hotkey for fly wing, which is kind of rediculous.
08-29-2009 04:19 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Angeling *is* aggressive o.O

And I support that .. I mean, why does a sniper/hunter have more range than he can see o.O? At least it feels like that often with DS.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
08-29-2009 04:56 PM
Rachelle620 Offline

i dont support it, it's locked at that for a reason~ that's just me though but yeah, i dont like it o.o

[Image: koharuez7.jpg]
08-29-2009 06:03 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??Further draw distance

Zaratus Wrote:Angeling *is* aggressive o.O

And I support that .. I mean, why does a sniper/hunter have more range than he can see o.O? At least it feels like that often with DS.
Oh, yes, slipped my mind. Icon_biggrin

But I doubt Angeling could move fast enough to actually ninja-gank a poor noob. Icon_neutral

Curse all these fancy new online games and their unlimited draw distance! *shakes fist*

08-29-2009 06:51 PM
elehifi Offline

RE: ??Further draw distance

Galt Wrote:
Zaratus Wrote:Angeling *is* aggressive o.O

Oh, yes, slipped my mind. Icon_biggrin

But I doubt Angeling could move fast enough to actually ninja-gank a poor noob. Icon_neutral

Curse all these fancy new online games and their unlimited draw distance! *shakes fist*

Even regular RO server has a further draw distance :/
08-29-2009 08:09 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I think it would just make things more convenient for players, not more cheap.

Unless someone could better explain some way that it allows people to be cheap, I support this idea. It's not as if you could use a longer draw distance to kill an mvp without aggroing at all; that's just impossible right?

Yay for convenience! Power to the players ;o

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
08-29-2009 08:11 PM