Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Threads: 66
RE:??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Rei Ayanami Wrote:mmmm i dont want to get in the middle of this but i think we are finger pointing. but to be honest i think some of the post are more of steam letting then constructive discussion.

i believe that Alde has more than enough incentive as a training WoE castle though. its meant to be a training castle not a propper WoE castle, its designed so that ppl move on from it to the bigger WoE once they learn enough from it. the down side obviously is the non trans side but thats expected cos if you trans you should know the game well enough if you are a PvP-er. i believe this is the reason its so quiet and left out.

now if ppl havent noticed BS is a training guild by mission statement. i agree that yes it is run by a few of the oldest players in the server but not all of us WoE nor are we that rich as people imagine. most of us just sit around and chat and have jello for muscles. *hides from cucu* ok ok i'm the one that sit around and chat and have jello for muscles, dun hurt meee....

anyways where were we? its seriously left out tho imo. maybe look into why that is so? oh and just in case... I stopped WoEing ages ago. both alde WoE and normal WoE. dont have the time... so please dont hit me too hard if i said something that you think is stupid and misinformed.

Guilds haven't gone to train at alde for a long time.
Alot of people think its a waste of time.

Let me get this strait, it doesn't matter what guild has what atm that isn't the discussion. Its about why alde is here, what is its purpose, is it serving its purpose?

And the way I see it, no one is pointing fingers. Just giving examples.

If alde is a guild training spot, does that mean anyone who is trying to hold it for a long time are just training dummies?

Firefly, isn't a training dummy. If he is, I DEMAND A REFUND!

seriously, I think some of us are getting nontrans WoE twisted.
Non trans woe does not = Training WoE.

Its a different kind of WoE its not training.

Because obviously, new guilds have come to HeRO, and they didn't train in Alde.

The one I know of though that did, was El Trilor. They went to alde, fought the guild there, and moved up to Regular WoE.

When was the last time that happened?

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Find Reply
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

Threads: 56
Neidsrule Wrote:(...)
Splitting WoE between non trans and trans time slots would allow all guilds to focus on both styles of WoE separately, instead of having to decide between taking one or the other seriously.
(...)
Life is all about making choices. I choose to eat pizza tonigh, that means I won't eat lasagna in the same time.

When you choose something, you therefore close the other oppurtunities life had to offer. Choosing is difficult. What you are asking with -the another time schedule- is to have everything.

I chose to make a non-trans wizard to support Alde WoE. By making that wizard, I lost the opportunity to use that time to raise a trans assassin for trans WoE. I still can make one later, but that is another choice I will have to do later.

Rei Ayanami Wrote:(...)
now if ppl havent noticed BS is a training guild by mission statement. i agree that yes it is run by a few of the oldest players in the server but not all of us WoE nor are we that rich as people imagine. most of us just sit around and chat and have jello for muscles. *hides from cucu* ok ok i'm the one that sit around and chat and have jello for muscles, dun hurt meee....

anyways where were we? its seriously left out tho imo. maybe look into why that is so? oh and just in case... I stopped WoEing ages ago.
(...)
We have a few WoEers but that's a minority. When we have 40+ members and have a WoE with 8 guild members, we clearly see WoE isn't the main guild's mission.

Yuriohs Wrote:(...)
Firefly, isn't a training dummy. If he is, I DEMAND A REFUND!

seriously, I think some of us are getting nontrans WoE twisted.
Non trans woe does not = Training WoE.

Its a different kind of WoE its not training.
(...)
I don't pretend it is used for it's original purpose. We all know that.

Yuriohs Wrote:(...)
ASK BAMBOO they will tell you the secrets in making +10 blades, and +10 regular castle drop equipments.
And even though we all can make +7 bucklers and +10 blades, you don't have a crazy amount in guild storage.
(...)

All those maths are worthless. Bamboo spread his wealth among the members. Leader isn't keeping the whole batch to himself and trying to break a record of +X. We aren't that guild you think of.

We have a very little amount of Blade[4]+10, but that came outta hunting Female Thief Bugs, not from WoE.

Now lets take a look. I asked Kevin about those:
Amount of...
Buckler +9 : 0
Buckler +10 : 0
Muffler +9 : 0
Muffler +10 : 0
Chain Mail +9 : 0
Chain Mail +10 : 0
God items : 0

Honestly, I would be more happy with a +7 cranial valk shield (i have a +5 one as my best shield, I'm THAT rich) than I would be if I had a +10 buckler. Wouldn't you too?

09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
RE: ????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:Giving it's own time slot would provide the same guild to own both trans WoE and non-trans WoE without increasing their guildies amount.

You are telling us that you do not want more action here???You seem contradictory with what you wanted by increased the eco cap ;l

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:Do you remember when Legendary Warriors had Prontera Castle at 100 economy? Now imagine they could takeover non-trans WoE on another schedule. This is what I mean.

If you're going to say no guild has that domination at the moment, just wait. I'm sure another guild will eventually takeover.

You know what???LW started in aldebaran, and I was fighting against them for ideologic purposes.??Now look of what they became when they started to concentrate on the real woe.??Sometimes it is time for guilds to grow up ;l

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2009, 11:06 AM by Général_Argos.)
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Find Reply
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:??????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:Giving it's own time slot would provide the same guild to own both trans WoE and non-trans WoE without increasing their guildies amount.
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:Do you remember when Legendary Warriors had Prontera Castle at 100 economy? Now imagine they could takeover non-trans WoE on another schedule. This is what I mean.

If you're going to say no guild has that domination at the moment, just wait. I'm sure another guild will eventually takeover.
You are telling us that you do not want more action here???You seem contradictory with what you wanted by increased the eco cap ;l

No. I'm telling if we bring more action to Alde by splitting WoE schedule it will generate other problems.
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
RE: ??????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:No. I'm telling if we bring more action to Alde by splitting WoE schedule it will generate other problems.

Like bs having to fight for their treasures?

Detail please.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Find Reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Threads: 66
Yuriohs Wrote:Again way 2 many people to quote.

I will clarify, I had no proof of +10 Equips from alde those were my exaggerations that weren't needed in this topic.

Same with god items but you still do get the matts I won't back off on that.

The main objective of this thread was to point out why Alde is still here, when its not an active attraction for WoE.
Its not fought over, every WoE.

Proxy what you said about Behe holding Pront Made me LOOOOOOOL.

LW owned pront. LW had there defense on LOCK. We still fought there, we still pushed for it.

That doesn't happen in alde, not on a regular WoE schedule.

I like aaron's Idea of moving non trans WoE to another day.
I like closing alde alot better though.

Like I said, the comments I made about the +10 item and Actual God items (matts yes you have) I have no proof on and I shouldn't have put that on this thread.

Again, I'm sorry, but the problems still persists.

Don't avoid it /swt and get on other topics.

That Icon_biggrin answers your statement about what I said about equips. Like I said it was something I shouldn't have posted, you don't have to say what I corrected. Read Nextime.

God item materials make god items.
Ask him how much of that he has, then get back to your list.

Again read.

Sophia, answer me this question.

If a guild is trying to get eco, why would they bother with alde?
A choice is up to them to make, yes, but if it hurts them then the choice isn't even in their minds.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Find Reply
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE: ??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Yuriohs Wrote:Sophia, answer me this question.

If a guild is trying to get eco, why would they bother with alde?
A choice is up to them to make, yes, but if it hurts them then the choice isn't even in their minds.

Well I heard someone complaining about regular trans castle having an average of 12 eco and stated Alde is still at 20. If it's THAT interesting to have 20 then they can come to Alde.

We made a choice. We could have go to trans WoE like you guys did but we made a strategic choices with the features that were on the table.
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Find Reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Threads: 52
RE: ??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
Neidsrule Wrote:(...)
Splitting WoE between non trans and trans time slots would allow all guilds to focus on both styles of WoE separately, instead of having to decide between taking one or the other seriously.
(...)
Life is all about making choices. I choose to eat pizza tonigh, that means I won't eat lasagna in the same time.

When you choose something, you therefore close the other oppurtunities life had to offer. Choosing is difficult. What you are asking with -the another time schedule- is to have everything.

I chose to make a non-trans wizard to support Alde WoE. By making that wizard, I lost the opportunity to use that time to raise a trans assassin for trans WoE. I still can make one later, but that is another choice I will have to do later.

The entire point in arguing for Alde having it's own time slot is to get rid of that choice. I'm well aware that the current system forces guilds to make a choice, but the way the two forms of WoE are currently intertwined makes no sense. They are two very different concepts, due to the differences in game mechanics between trans and non trans characters (mainly in the form of a multitude of skills designed to one shot players that were introduced with trans classes).

I'm saying that by giving alde its own time slot, the benefits far outweigh any downsides, which I've yet to come across. Giving alde its own time slot, all guilds are able to compete in both forms of WoE, competition for both forms of WoE will become more fierce and the server can advertise non trans WoE as a feature (in it's current state, it's anything but a standalone feature for the server).

Still waiting for some negative aspects for implementing alde as a standalone form of WoE to be brought up. I don't buy into the whole "it becomes easy econ for the next top guild". Like I said before, giving alde it's own time slot condenses all the action to one castle, which makes defense a lot harder.
[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Find Reply
Proxyt Offline
The King

Threads: 14
RE: Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Okay since people suck at reading... short and simple:

1. We DO have attacks every week
except for I think one time since I've been in BS. Let alone every month. The strength of those attacks varies, but we do not "sit and get free stuff".

2. Alde is for RETRO-WoE, NOT newbie WoE.

3. If our rewards are so great, take the option of doing non-trans instead of trans WoE to take it from us.
Not our fault we fended off the huge attackers and they left to play in trans WoE.

4. People are (obviously by this thread) interested in Alde. And people have shown great interest in this castle through attacking.
However, many of them have given up when they cannot get past our defense. Then other guilds come and attack. Then give up. Repeat.

Again, -IF- behe held Pront adamantly the strongest guilds combined and could not take them down for 1-2 months. They'd give up. Would you ask to close down Prontera castle then?
That's basically what you're doing here. Unless you prove us wrong by attacking and taking Alde.
[Image: willowsig.png]

Proxyt- 95 Powpow Palaladin
AleithionP - 92 Knight of War
VerityP - 5x Super Service Novice
09-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Find Reply
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Nidsrule Wrote:The entire point in arguing for Alde having it's own time slot is to get rid of that choice. (...)

I don't buy into the whole "it becomes easy econ for the next top guild".

I don't say it would be an EASY economy for the next top guild. I say it would push elitism farther by giving the same guild the opportunity to own two WoE instead of one.

As far as I remember one of the politics of the server is to have features to favor newcomers and average players with less features for elite players.
Just as an exemple that +40 str accessory can't be made on the server.
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Find Reply