Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More people
20.69%
24 20.69%
Better PvP/WoE
31.90%
37 31.90%
More events or more varity
6.90%
8 6.90%
Diffrent exp or drop rates
6.03%
7 6.03%
More staff members
0%
0 0%
Less broken/missing content
24.14%
28 24.14%
Other
10.34%
12 10.34%
Total 116 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Threads: 52
RE: What do you think will make heRO better?
Icon_sad

I'll catch up with you in game at some stage. Icon_razz
[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
11-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Find Reply
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Threads: 45
Ok...

Item wipe? What for, to "close the gap" between incoming players and old players?
News flash: if you are a new player you need to get everything on your own. If you are an old player you have a guild and friends who will help you get the equipment. In a month of time a 'newbie' will get some basic equipment, and 'veterans' will have first valks (for now, +4). Monsters will be camped like no tomorrow, same with MVPs and no drops will get to the market for anybody not federated in a strong guild to get. The poor get poor, the rich get rich :-).
And don't tell me this will not happen, because I have seen it on other servers.

Can you imagine how much time would be required for the economy to recover until things like valk shield, Spiritual Ring, Ulle's Cap etc are affordable again? I've been playing on a younger server once, thank you, and the valk shield if we were lucky for it to be present on a market was worth about... 18 mln zeny? And it was a cheap valk, which is kind of a prerequisite for Thor1 if you are not a VIT char. So yes, make an item wipe, make people grind much more on the same boring places (Thara grinding, Skel worker grinding), because obviously grinding is what you want to avoid but will force upon everybody.

I do not mind raising rates to 7/7/5, but I don't think it is necessary, leveling is very fast as it is. And leveling is fun if you play more than just one single place (Nameless Island) once for a while and party with people. I am not playing a lot, because I don't have much time, but every minute of my HeRO time is fun. You all complain about 'grinding' as if the end game was only PVP, WoE or MVPs. Nonsense, it might be the end-game for you, but for me the end game are parties in difficult places with people who do not mind dying, not necessarily in very exp- or zeny-giving places. Only prerequisite: we can have a Total Party Kill there, or it is boring.

Believe it or not, but some people consider joining the old server to be an asset, not a disadvantage. Instead of hunting stuff I can just buy it, and HeRO has a very good economy (well, except of lack of a @whosells / @pc command).

You want to know how really to improve this server? First of all, less complaining. It only disheartens GMs, who put a lot of work so you have a topic to whine about. Believe me or not, this server is the best there is in PvM/quest area (no opinion on PVP/WoE, as it is not very interesting for me), and don't you dare destroy it with whining. Yet people are so obsessed with the imaginary 'end-game' they do not play anymore, they only grind or engage in the 'end-game', as if it was the only proper way to play. Server is great, it's just some people whose actions make it not-completely-perfect.

You are killing the server every time you make fun on @main of a new player, say, a crit sin who searches for party. In contrary to popular opinion, well built 9x crit sin does not require godlike gear to be useful (albeit not extremely powerful) in the party... but do you even know that? Every time you say 'get and hunt your own XXX card, everybody does it' or 'your build is so 2004' or 'you are too lousy to party with us' you become a part of a problem. What is more, you are not telling the truth - this server is old and market has an abundant number of resources and cards one can just play, have fun and buy stuff, no need for hunting...

When you call for a wipe, even when the GMs assure us there will be no wipe, some people are scared. I had problems in convincing a friend to return to RO to join us, because 'they are talking about wipe'. When I told him 'this server stands for four years already and GMs assure us it will not wipe' he answered 'yeah, on all the previous servers there was to be no wiping, too'.

Some people ask for 'Only very PRO party', which is fine with me. However, it is not fine with me if you do not state if you want to level the fastest possible and cannot bear even one death on lv 98 trans (4 mln base exp loss? PLEASE, it is NOTHING) before the party - I play for fun, not as a second job. Some people just play the game like it was a 'SERIOUS BUSINESS'. Some classes might be stronger, some weaker, but generally there are dungeons more suitable for one group of people and for another group.
I know of at least two people who left, because they could not find a party except for the same folks over and over. Here you are, population drain.

The main problem I see is the lack of a pride to have a very good server and lack of partying to just have fun, not only to get '1337' exp and gears. I am sorry if I offended anybody - I have played with some of older and really powerful players and I did appreaciate their approach, willing to teach and explain, but most of what I see is 'OMG, WIPE' or 'OMG, SERVER IZ DYIN' or 'SERVER NO NO FUN ANYMORE' or 'PR0 NAMELESS PARTY LOOKING FOR SERIOUS PLAYERS'. Well, maybe the server is not fun for you, I have fun. If you don't, you are wasting your time. You could have played, for example, Civ4.

About fish... definitely too powerful imo. If you made it +25% - +50% weight it wouldn't be that much of a problem, because pots would be much more efficient (I used fish only after I transcended, and only for a short time - too heavy for a SW addicted priest). And, of course, salmons as they stand now make alchemists useless (come on, white + blue cheaper than pure white pot?). This wouldn't fix the 'MVP soloing champions', but it would give more focus to pots in places like Abyss3 or TT (where you have limited weight and are not willing to go back to get more fish)

About quest exp: yes, 5/5/3/2 is stupid. 5/5/3/5 would be much superior, especially as levels 6x-8x are the worst, because exp gain is drastically lowered and there is hardly any party available. If you want to make leveling faster, do not focus on 9x levels but on 7x-8x levels - 89+ can get a party (at least with me having a for-fun attitude, especially if it is an agi char) and 6x-8x is generally screwed, lonely and has nobody to play with. That's why one might consider eliminating "199% level cap" as well - if you can gain multiple base levels from one monster, you will get to partying levels much faster if you get any help.

Others: implement @PC command, which gives you the city and the price, but not coordinates. On the other server this made people scatter the merchants (hey, why vend in Prontera with 999 merchants if you can be the lone shop in Morroc everybody can easily find?), which was a complaint as well (I don't mind Prontera to be the city of merchants, though, I am used to MUCH more merchies out there).

Yours, sincerely
~Irx
IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
11-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Find Reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Threads: 31
RE:??What do you think will make heRO better?
Irxallis Wrote:You want to know how really to improve this server? First of all, less complaining. It only disheartens GMs, who put a lot of work so you have a topic to whine about. Believe me or not, this server is the best there is in PvM/quest area (no opinion on PVP/WoE, as it is not very interesting for me), and don't you dare destroy it with whining. Yet people are so obsessed with the imaginary 'end-game' they do not play anymore, they only grind or engage in the 'end-game', as if it was the only proper way to play. Server is great, it's just some people whose actions make it not-completely-perfect.

Without people complaining, things would never change. And I'm not talking about only heRO, that applies to almost everything. I agree with you wholeheartedly that this is hands down THE best server when it comes to PvM/custom content. However, that is not the case when it comes to PvP/WoE, and for the most part people are complaining about that.

Imaginary end-game...?Thinking I'm pretty sure the end-game is there (ie WoE & high-tier MvP killing). Yes, WoE isn't the only way to enjoy heRO once your maxed out and fully geared, but it is the intended end-game content...and is the only end-game content until heRO gets WoE 2.0, BG, and whatever else it's missingIcon_razz.
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Find Reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Threads: 49
Irxallis, I may be mistaken, but I think Aaronock was joking about the item wipe idea Sweat

Anyway this thread is getting a lil silly in my opinion, with all the back-and-fourth arguments that never end. Remember no option is going to please absolutely *everyone.*

While stating our opinions and trying to improve the server is important, at the end of the day it's Pandora and the GM's server and they have the right to make the server the way they want it to be. It's only because they're nice and committed to making heRO the best lowrate that they even try to listen to our ideas (or at least that's how I see it). So it'd be good if we were nice back and stated our ideas without trying to shove them down anyone's throats. Being polite will get your point across a lot more effectively than being rude. (This statement isn't to anyone in particular, just what I think in general)

Sakurato Wrote:....what is with people complaining about "gap of gears."

You join a 4-year-old server be ready to accept the fact that people have far better gears than you do. If you don't want to do the work, don't complain.

I think you're misunderstanding the issue a bit. The problem is not that older players are more powerful (which, as you say, is exactly how it should be). The problem is that for older players, GR/DR/AR cards were MUCH easier to obtain, and therefore newer players will have to do MUCH more work than older players and STILL might never get these cards.

Please don't make the argument look like something it's not Ok
(^ this is something a lot of people are guilty of in this thread, for various things)

I do agree with the rest of what you say though, Sakurato. Eventually time should heal the imbalance a bit as older players stop playing so much and their GR cards no longer in use. And for WoE GR isn't some magical Godcard, so it's not that huge of a deal.

However, for ToH 1-on-1 PvP specifically, the imbalance of old players with GR/AR/DR and new players without those cards is still a big deal, which is why I suggested the ToH item checker restricting GR/AR/DR from being used in ToH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, I want to ask why some people seem to think MVP-soloing champs is a problem. Lots of classes can solo low-end MVPs, like Profs, HWizzies, Snipers, Creators, Taekwon Ranker, and on and on, but some people point specifically to MVP-soloing Champs as if they're some kind of evil game abuser. What's the deal with that? Icon_razz
[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009, 01:28 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Find Reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Threads: 66
It's because its easier to MvP on a Champ, than any character (even creator, considering if a mvp has one vit yea...............)

And all they have to do is pop some fish, and their back at it.

Still I don't have a problem with mvp champs, because I can SW the cell they try to asura on its all good to me.

But others can't.

What arguments do you see? I see lucrative arguments getting at a bigger picture no one is choking eachother's throats saying DAMMIT YOUR WRONG!

Argos and nids are cool with eachother their not gonna destroy one another if one of them is wrong man.

Yes, People can Solo MvP's, but others can do it faster and if their good at it lol good luck.

Not saying anything else, since ill just get a mini valk card joke thrown at me.
[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
11-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Find Reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Well each class has their strengths and weaknesses. Snipers and Sins are better than Champs at general melee (damage AND survival), Profs have the web ability which is amazing for MVPs, etc etc etc. So just because the one thing that Champs excel at more than any other class is doing the most damage in one hit doesn't make it "unfair," in my opinion. It's just what champs are good at. So I don't think it's a problem Icon_biggrin

And you're right, the arguments haven't been too bad yet, but a lot of people are starting to get overly whiny and angry. (I'm not going to quote anyone but if you look through this looong thread I think you'll find examples.)??

I just think people shouldn't take things too seriously. (Myself included Laugh )

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009, 01:32 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Find Reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Threads: 124
@Naru

So just because someone had it easier than someone else EVERYONE should have it just as easy as they did?

Believe it or not newer players have it easier than older players did, in a general sense. More leveling spots, easier to make Z, more people to party with and less hunting due to more item volume. So just because they lack an easy route to *three* cards doesn't mean they should get compensated for it.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Hrm, you're right, I never considered that newer players have some advantages too. I guess I just need to accept that no matter when you started playing, everyone will have some advantages and disadvantages Icon_biggrin

I never personally suggested that newer players should be able to get GR/AR as easily as older players. I totally agree with these cards being taken out of OCAs.

I just hope that newer players aren't intimidated by the GR/AR gap and will still have a fighting chance in WoE and ToH PvP.

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Find Reply
nuzzlecat Offline

Threads: 0
The one thing I've noticed that heRO is lacking is a working quest log. I like this server, but for many players like me (busy, scatterbrained, and love quests)not having an in game quest log makes game play burdensome and frustrating. I would love to see this feature added. Even if only quest titles were added to the log to give players some clue as to which ones they have in progress, that would even be awesome.

11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Find Reply
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

Threads: 27
Sadly, as far as I remember, eAthena still doesn't support the quest window.
11-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Find Reply