Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More people
20.69%
24 20.69%
Better PvP/WoE
31.90%
37 31.90%
More events or more varity
6.90%
8 6.90%
Diffrent exp or drop rates
6.03%
7 6.03%
More staff members
0%
0 0%
Less broken/missing content
24.14%
28 24.14%
Other
10.34%
12 10.34%
Total 116 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Threads: 49
RE: What do you think will make heRO better?
I guess I understand your point about taking OCAs out of fishing (or making em even rarer drop) but why take out OBBs, GBs, treasure boxes, etc? Those items make fishing more fun Icon_sad
[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
Cuz of this *self quotes*

Quote:Fishing should NOT be a profitable affair unless you are selling the fish. I wouldn't expect brewing potions to be profitable unless I sell the potions, or forging weapons to be profitable unless I sell the weapons - why should fishing still be profitable even if I keep the fish (note: I DO NPC the low end fish, but not salmons/mutants/angels/dories/nemoes)?
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Find Reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE:??What do you think will make heRO better?
azurerogue Wrote:Cuz of this *self quotes*

Quote:Why should fishing still be profitable even if I keep the fish (note: I DO NPC the low end fish, but not salmons/mutants/angels/dories/nemoes)

Why? Because it's a fun and cool custom heRO feature Icon_biggrin There's no law that says that custom stuff has to follow the same exact same pattern as official content... that's why it's "custom" Icon_suprised

A lot of people, like me, enjoy mining and fishing and think the chance to profit from it is really fun. It may eclipse brewing a bit, but brewing is still very useful, and frankly I like the fishing system better than brewing anyway. It helps a lot of newer players and it's definitely one of the things that led me to try heRO in the first place.

I think it's a feature that sets heRO apart from other servers and draws more people.

Also, I don't think it's a problem that profiting off fishing = people can sell fish for cheaper. Doesn't that mean that newbies can better afford them?

Creators still have their homuncs and AD so it's not like fishing is destroying their class in any way.

Further nerfing fishing or mining would just destroy one of the coolest unique features of heRO Thinking

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2009, 11:46 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
Make fishing or mining more interesting than click spam.
I think it'd be really unique to have fishing or mining zones you can click on, then play a bit around with it using a set of different items, tools, bait, etc. You then finish up somehow with it, and gain a random amount of supply (level four stones, fishies of all kinds, golds, etc whatever).

Its horrible that it is based on click spamming rather than being a unique activity you can only do so often at a time in perhaps one area.
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

11-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline

Meh, I guess we just disagree then, Naru.??Maybe you weren't here when fishing was more profitable than 90% of PvM and that's why you're not as jaded as I am.??

Before the new spot got nerfed it was literally more profitable for me to just sit and fish at the new spot than it was to go anywhere PvM.??Why???

Significantly higher chance of OCAs, Diamond Rings instead of Skull Rings, higher chance of treasure boxes.??I would make, approximately, one million zeny by OCing crap at the end of a fishing run back then AND get the normal amount of fish.??If you consider a system that encourages people to sit and spam click+enter rather than brewing, which encourages player interaction rather than players interacting with text boxes...??so be it.??

There was a debate earlier in this topic about how to make fish more "balanced" and my solution is to balance the system of obtaining them.??It would not only stop some of the OCA overflow on this server, but would make people fish for fish - instead of fishing for OCAs (a common tactic/approach to fishing for higher-level players).??This would leave fish as-is while still, I feel, addressing the problems that people have with fish.??

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

As teOx, I believe, once put it: fish are turning heRO into a high rate.??I don't completely agree with that, but they do, in effect, increase heROes rates.??We essentially hand out free ygg berries and ygg seeds (free in that you EASILY make your money back on the fishing system, therefore they come at no overall cost) to anyone willing to sit and click their mouse enough.??Not to mention all the other fish other than dories and nemoes.??Why should I party with a priest when I'm a 9x Hunter who can EASILY solo just about anywhere because I have a looter pet carrying 20+ stacks of HP and SP heals that I got for free???

In my opinion fish serve to discourage a lot of stuff on heRO.??Yes, if you nerf fish starting on heRO would be a bit harder...??but people get by *points to iRO Valkyrie* *also points to Ayu's post about building characters to avoid SP issues*

----------------------------------
----------------------------------

Part of the decision you make when you level, on a non-fish server, is about efficiency.??How efficient is the dungeon in terms of exp/hour compared to cost/hour???No one considers that on heRO.??Well, they consider exp/hour, but never costs - why???Because there are virtually no costs to basic leveling on heRO.??I don't have to worry about how much I'm spending on white pots / sp items per hour in a dungeon because I'm using fish.

One of the big drawbacks to Anubis-leveling on many servers is that you make virtually no money on it after the Anubis-drops nerf.??That was a choice.??On a low-rate fishless server you have the option of going to a place like, say, Niffleheim and probably earning your money back and making a small profit while doing it or going to Anubis and making faster experience but at a financial loss.??There are no such considerations on heRO because free heals rain down from the fishing spot.

No one cares about spamming fish, ever.??Why???Because they're free if you fish and INSANELY CHEAP if you don't fish.??That's why fishing needs to change.??

EDIT: Divided into sections
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2009, 01:37 AM by azurerogue.)
11-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Find Reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I see your point, Azure, about how fishing shouldn't be more profitable than pvm. But I think fishing's already been nerfed to the point where it's not better profit-per-hour as leveling at the right places at lvl70+.

And I think that not having to worry about efficiency makes leveling more fun, and would encourage more new players to get through the grind to 99. But I do see where you're coming from Azure. To each their own No1

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline

Naruhodo Wrote:To each their own No1

Fair enough Love
11-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Find Reply
Trapper Offline

Threads: 24
How About Vote For Points System?Question Mark
It Can Lure People to Vote.Icon_twistedIcon_biggrin
AFK From Game.
12-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Find Reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

Threads: 20
Trapper Wrote:How About Vote For Points System?Question Mark
It Can Lure People to Vote.Icon_twistedIcon_biggrin

Define "points".
12-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Find Reply
Trapper Offline

Threads: 24
Point or Rewards.
Any Stuff That u can keep on Cuddling.(Just a joke)Laugh
Any Stuff That will help players level up.
Or Stylish Hats For Fancy Pants.Icon_biggrin
But at the same time which would not effect the Hero Market Economy.Icon_smile
AFK From Game.
12-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Find Reply