Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
War?
Dementia Offline
Play RO? Hah! NEVAR!!

War?

I suggested this on the last server I was on and it got pretty horribly ignored, and by now probably trolled and flamed >_>

So here it is, In simple form, we have a WAR (Yes, like on Team Fortress 2 for those who know about it.)

I wont bother with a poll this time, because if no-one pays attention like before it'll be a waste of time.

SO, what two classes do you think are rivals and should face off for a new weapon? Maybe multiple groups should clash? Maybe every class should be thrown into a blender and we see who comes out at least partly distinguishable?!?!? (Moneys on the Paladin)

"Lite" version:
Some well known rival classes fight, custom PvP room, only those classes are allowed in. Kills against the other class are counter, friendly fire is not allowed and not possible. (Emphasise TEAM WORK) Winner gets an exclusive weapon (Ctrl+F "Legendary Bow of Infinite Victory" for an example.) Player who gets most kills for the winning side gets an ENGRAVED version of the class weapon.
Discuss

LONG VERSION!!!:
It would go along the lines of a (Since I want to see a Stalker vs Sniper one, I'm using them as an example.) Special PvP room for Stalkers/Rogues and Hunters/Snipers only, and we somehow get the server to track the kills! Obviously the Snipers cannot attack their own class and same with Stalkers, so we get the server to track kills against the other class. (If its possible, Ive actually simplified it into something complicated @_@) Then the winner gets a new weapon that goes along the lines of...

(Sniper for Example)
Legendary Bow of Infinite Victory
+3 ASPD and low chance to pierce DEF of Demi-Human monster for 3 seconds. ATK: 125. Weight: 65. Slots debatable, ONLY Equippable by Hunter and Sniper above lv70.

Anyone who got at least ONE kill in the War (Including Stalkers... in the exmaple Snipers one.) will get a copy of the Weapon, the Sniper (Since they won.) will get a.
Legendary Bow of "xX1337sn1p3rXx"s Infinite Victory.

And perhaps the losing side will get a lesser, consolation prize.

But enough of my (Yes I'll admit it.) Wall of Text, you guys decide if this would be fun, and GMs decide if its possible.

GO!

Script Idea:
Instead of tracking class kills (Which could get messy) Try to track player names. For example.
Player1(Sniper) > Player2(Stalker) = 2 Sniper Points
Player1(Sniper) > Player3(Sniper) = 1 Sniper Point

Sure it'd be messy, but if player names and who they killed were recorded, it might be easier to track than trying to track classes. I don't know much about scripting so I just thought I should throw it out there.

Ghastly Waffle (Rogue) - Half Main
Aussie Waffle (Hunter) - Other Half Main
Japanese Waffle (Ninja) - Level Buddy
Errend Ebecee (Baby Aco) - Eh...

I've got a MOTHER (turkey festival) PENGUIN AVATAR!
01-07-2010 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: War?

Besides the huge amount of scripting that I believe would be necessary to implement this stuff, PvP has never been extremely popular on heRO so I'm not sure it's worth the invested time. I'd rather see a heRO-adapted version of battelgrounds come out first and see if it attracts more attention (since you can get some pretty decent gear from it - which is fair/a nice idea since it hands out nice PvP/WoE gear as a reward for investing time in PvP).

The idea in general seems interesting, just not worth the GM teams' time at this point, imo. Especially because I'm still hoping we get some form of battlegrounds someday.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-07-2010 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dementia Offline
Play RO? Hah! NEVAR!!

RE: War?

Hehe, I understand. At least I got a reply here xD

I too really want to see Battlegrounds, I saw it on Doddler Future Wiki ages ago and thought it'd be cool.

Ghastly Waffle (Rogue) - Half Main
Aussie Waffle (Hunter) - Other Half Main
Japanese Waffle (Ninja) - Level Buddy
Errend Ebecee (Baby Aco) - Eh...

I've got a MOTHER (turkey festival) PENGUIN AVATAR!
01-08-2010 09:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply