Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trans Quest
Dementia Offline
Play RO? Hah! NEVAR!!

Trans Quest

I know this will most likely (Heck, very likely) Be way too hard to do, so this is mainly asking your opinion on it :\

Well, on Low Rates/iRO, even some mid rates, levelling is slow, and really boring if no-one helps you. I suggested this on a server I was helping with at one stage, but the server failed because it didnt have a techie (Going off topic...)

---

Basically, the Trans quest remains normal until you get to the Book of Ymir and go the Valhalla. And when you talk to the Valkyrie, she warps you into a pitch black room, where you can only see your character, and starts discussing a, sort of universal, timeline that would go along the lines of,

"When you started out as a Novice, the world seemed endless and free to you" And at that moment, you reborn to High Novice, "When the time came, you saw fit as to advance in this world, and take your 1st job" You then are changed into your High 1st Job.

"The world seemed to be much larger than you thought now, meeting new friends and establishing a place in the world. Then you started taking challenges, and such you will face again." You are then given Base and Job EXP and asked to make your way through Payon Dungeon (On Average, the easiest for every class, also allows friends to help you if you really do get stuck on it.)

In Payon, you simply need to make your way to the Mushroomy rock thingy in the biggest room (The one in the top right of the map) And talk to a Sage there, who said he expects you and he gives you more Base and Job exp, then tells you to find another Sage in the next room of Payon, this Sage is in the top Left of the map (And yes, these NPCs will be there for everyone, but have different dialogue if you are not doing the quest.)

When you reach this Sage you are given enough Base and Job exp to be Base level 55 and Job level 40. You then need to locate the Sage in the NEXT room of Payon to go back to the Valkyrie, and become a trans 2nd job, but are warned, that there is no going back. (As in, if you want Job lv50, now is the time to work at it.) And you are asked whether you are going to continue, if you want to get warped back to your save point, or if you want to stay here and level.

If you decide on going directly to the other Sage (Which is under normal circumstances pretty stupid) You can make your way to him, in front of the run down house that is open to the next room of Payon Dungeon (You hopefully know what I mean) He then gives you one final chance to turn back, then makes sure your skill points are fully allocated, and warps you back to Valhalla.

But it appears at Valhalla Demons are attacking! (Oh noes) Things like slightly weakened Deviruchi and Baphomet Jr are running rampant all over Valhalla (But enough so that you can kill them all) When you get there, the Valkyrie will turn you into you Trans 2nd class after a very small piece of dialogue, then asks you to demonstrate your newfound power against the demons in Valhalla, or just leave. (Light/Dark Allegiance points? :3)

Light players rejoice because these Monsters would give nice starting exp for your new trans character, Dark players... well, you got some allegiance points without any effort :\

---

Thats basically it, if you actually read that wall of text you deserve a medal (I tried to paragraph is to a readable level DIcon_smile

I know this seems, heck it outright is, pretty impossible. But Im wondering what you guys think of it, replacing being a 1st class TWICE, for TWICE as long, with a quest, that still involved some grinding if you want a job lv50 first class. (I myself would love this, but after all, normally people do like their own ideas Icon_razz)

Well tell me what you think, once again, I know this isnt possible, so just tell me if it would be enjoyable if it was.

Ghastly Waffle (Rogue) - Half Main
Aussie Waffle (Hunter) - Other Half Main
Japanese Waffle (Ninja) - Level Buddy
Errend Ebecee (Baby Aco) - Eh...

I've got a MOTHER (turkey festival) PENGUIN AVATAR!
01-10-2010 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE: Trans Quest

Dark Players could kill angry Angelings and Fake Angels.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-10-2010 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

Multi-leveling isn't enabled here, so when you get to the fifth paragraph, you'll kinda need.... What, 20 sets of EXP to get to that level? Or more.

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
01-10-2010 07:23 PM
Dementia Offline
Play RO? Hah! NEVAR!!

Couldnt the GMs find an EXP chart and just add exp according to that to get the desired level? Im sure that part would be easy enough to script.

I know it wouldn't be exactly this, but something along the lines of
give [playername] X=exp upon X completion (Not exactly that but you get the idea.)

01-12-2010 06:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

They could just check your current level, and if it is under a certain one, just make you level-whatever.

Not sure why the GMs would make an easy quest to give you 50 free levels, though. As you said, it'd be in normal Payon Dungeon. Any other person could run you through with Agi up in a couple of minutes, whiel making sure not a single mob touched you.

But I leave my question at... why would the GMs give a free 50 levels? oO

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-12-2010 06:51 AM
Dementia Offline
Play RO? Hah! NEVAR!!

Well, its not really giving 50 free levels since you've gotten them before. Thats the one thing I really dont like about RO, having to work all the way up to max level, then restarting, and needing to get twice as much experience.

I know its going to be a big wall for me when/if I get to High Archer.

Also, dont you think this would be a hell of a lot more fun than starting again at a lv1 High Novice? I just think this would be an awesome and unique experience.

01-14-2010 05:41 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I was on a server once where to Trans you had to kill a Boss. A damn hard to solo one.
01-14-2010 12:59 PM