Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question involving pets and classes...
Deathscreton Offline

Question involving pets and classes...

As you can tell, I'm quite new here. (I would have posted this in the new section but I didn't see one. And seeing as this is a question anyways, it wouldn't have belonged there.)

Me and a friend have been roaming about servers, trying to find the perfect one. We only stop on Low Rate servers that tend to catch our eyes, and behold, this one did such.

Before we crack down and start downloading, we have a few questions. She'll join me once I get her the okay about the server by the way. Here's the questions.

1: Are third jobs implemented into the server?
This was a big let down for me. Idiotically, I joined my last server, not knowing that it didn't have third jobs. I was well on my way into the Monk class, nearly about to trans when I found out. Icon_razz

2: Do pets have attack and skills enabled?
Again, I had just gotten a Zealtous with my luck somehow, to only learn that she was limited to her talking and stats that came with her. Basically, she was a trophy, and not a very rare one.

So you could probably understand why I would ask such questions, mostly out of frustration with my previous ones. XD I ran a search, both google and forum, but came up with nothing.(My searching skills perhaps?)

I greatly appreciate your time and you reading this. Thanks in advance.
06-24-2010 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

RE: Question involving pets and classes...

Hey there, welcome to the server. Hopefully you'll like it and bring along your friend!

But, to answer your question, no, we don't have third job classes implemented. However, we do have the transcendent classes, which is better imo because they're not unstable and unbalanced like the new third classes. Gravity didn't seem to put a lot of thought into the balance of the game when they put those in. :( We may have them in the future, but not until they're fixed/finished.

Pets can attack, yes. Not sure about the skills part, though, as I've never seen a pet use its skills. Hm.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I really hope you'll like it here. <3
06-24-2010 03:50 PM
Deathscreton Offline

RE:??Question involving pets and classes...

L. Malady Wrote:Hey there, welcome to the server.??Hopefully you'll like it and bring along your friend!

But, to answer your question, no, we don't have third job classes implemented.??However, we do have the transcendent classes, which is better imo because they're not unstable and unbalanced like the new third classes.??Gravity didn't seem to put a lot of thought into the balance of the game when they put those in. Icon_sad??We may have them in the future, but not until they're fixed/finished.

Pets can attack, yes.??Not sure about the skills part, though, as I've never seen a pet use its skills.??Hm.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!??I really hope you'll like it here. <3

Hmm... A lot of servers seem to say the same. What about them exactly is so unbalanced?

And yeah, the Isis can cast Magnificant if her loyalty is high enough. But pet attack is great. :D

I know this is off topic, but I figure I'd ask anyways.

What are the ways that a pet can lose loyalty and what other ways can I raise it? Icon_razz
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2010 03:55 PM by Deathscreton.)
06-24-2010 03:53 PM
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure about that.??I didn't play RO for about a year, and one of the first servers I joined post-hiatus had the third classes.??I never reached it, as I didn't stay on the server long enough.??Plus, I come from servers with very high rates, so when I got to that last server (a low rate), I was only considering how pretty three of the classes were.??However, I'm sure there's someone who can specify their flaws and the ways they throw off the balance, and they'll hopefully be posting here soon to answer your question.

Ahh.??I see.??I don't think I've ever seen that here.??The only thing I know is that Smokie can give you some form of Hide once it reaches loyalty. Maybe they can cast skills, for all I know.

Unless I'm mistaken, they will lose loyalty if you don't feed them.??I know they'll run away eventually, and start running around whatever map they're on- much to the chagrin of other players during an event, lmao.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask; this would be the best place to do so. :)
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2010 04:05 PM by bugaboo.)
06-24-2010 04:02 PM
Deathscreton Offline

L. Malady Wrote:To be honest, I'm not entirely sure about that.??I didn't play RO for about a year, and one of the first servers I joined post-hiatus had the third classes.??I never reached it, as I didn't stay on the server long enough.??Plus, I come from servers with very high rates, so when I got to that last server (a low rate), I was only considering how pretty three of the classes were.??However, I'm sure there's someone who can specify their flaws and the ways they throw off the balance, and they'll hopefully be posting here soon to answer your question.

Ahh.??I see.??I don't think I've ever seen that here.??The only thing I know is that Smokie can give you some form of Hide once it reaches loyalty.??Maybe they can cast skills, for all I know.

Unless I'm mistaken, they will lose loyalty if you don't feed them.??I know they'll run away eventually, and start running around whatever map they're on- much to the chagrin of other players during an event, lmao.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask; this would be the best place to do so. Icon_smile

Haha. That would be a sight to see. Only to let loose a Baby Garm in the middle of Pontera.

And how unfortunate about the skills. I suppose everything else this server has greatly makes up for that. (I love the idea of alignments.) Of course, I just hope I find many people such as yourself and my friend.

I can't think of anymore questions at the moment, so I suppose I'll go and let her know of my findings. Thanks again and I hope to see you in-game. :3
06-24-2010 04:22 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

Pets loose loyalty if you die and you have it out. Ive lost a few porings that way. Other then feeding im not to sure of any other way to raise the loyalty

And yes the skills are implimented on the pets. Like Lunatic gives the extra boost to luck every now and then, Isis casts Mag (I believe if your close to death).
06-24-2010 04:23 PM
Deathscreton Offline

Iced Blue Wrote:Pets loose loyalty if you die and you have it out. Ive lost a few porings that way. Other then feeding im not to sure of any other way to raise the loyalty

And yes the skills are implimented on the pets. Like Lunatic gives the extra boost to luck every now and then, Isis casts Mag (I believe if your close to death).

That's great to hear! Everything I was practically looking for besides the 3rd classes, and I've heard from L. that they are left out for good reason. So I shall have nothing to miss besides my Monk from my previous server. This shall be a good one. :3
06-24-2010 04:28 PM
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

Really glad you're satisfied, then! Hope you'll like everything else about the server, too. There's a lot of helpful people- sometimes you just have to get their attention. But usually, they're around and willing to lend a hand.

Enjoy your stay! <3
06-24-2010 04:45 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

The problem with third classes is that they're part of renewal, and designed for renewal mechanics. From what I hear renewal isn't really ready yet. Renewal brings a lot of changes. Lots of things would be different, things like formulas for damage calculation. So a server has to consider carefully if they want renewal or not, because its like a different game, you wouldn't be playing "ragnarok online" but more like a game called "ragnarok online renewal" or something that is based on ro but really isn't ro.

So what some servers do since they want to be able to brag about having third classes is implement them without the renewal mechanics. This totally breaks the game since they're designed for renewal mechanics, and totally overpowered under normal mechanics. So this isn't really a good thing to do. Some servers try to adapt by nerfing the third classes so they aren't overpowered, which makes them end up with what should really be called custom classes that somewhat resemble the official third classes, but aren't really. Even the ones who stay with the overpowered official versions are still only semi-official third classes since not everything about third classes are known yet, so they have to fill in the blanks.

But yeah, if I were you I wouldn't be looking for a server that has third classes at the moment. If "ragnarok online renewal" is any good remains to be determined, and even if it is lots of servers will still want to stay as just "ragnarok online" because they want to run a server for the old game, and not the new one. If this server is one of them hasn't been decided yet, and won't be until everything about renewal/third classes is known and out on official servers, not to mention implemented in eathena. Basically the GMs are waiting to see what exactly renewal would bring, and if they like it or not, but they can't decide until they have all the info, and that's not going to happen in the near future.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2010 05:12 PM by TPC.)
06-24-2010 05:10 PM
Deathscreton Offline

TPC Wrote:The problem with third classes is that they're part of renewal, and designed for renewal mechanics. From what I hear renewal isn't really ready yet. Renewal brings a lot of changes. Lots of things would be different, things like formulas for damage calculation. So a server has to consider carefully if they want renewal or not, because its like a different game, you wouldn't be playing "ragnarok online" but more like a game called "ragnarok online renewal" or something that is based on ro but really isn't ro.

So what some servers do since they want to be able to brag about having third classes is implement them without the renewal mechanics. This totally breaks the game since they're designed for renewal mechanics, and totally overpowered under normal mechanics. So this isn't really a good thing to do. Some servers try to adapt by nerfing the third classes so they aren't overpowered, which makes them end up with what should really be called custom classes that somewhat resemble the official third classes, but aren't really. Even the ones who stay with the overpowered official versions are still only semi-official third classes since not everything about third classes are known yet, so they have to fill in the blanks.

But yeah, if I were you I wouldn't be looking for a server that has third classes at the moment. If "ragnarok online renewal" is any good remains to be determined, and even if it is lots of servers will still want to stay as just "ragnarok online" because they want to run a server for the old game, and not the new one. If this server is one of them hasn't been decided yet, and won't be until everything about renewal/third classes is known and out on official servers, not to mention implemented in eathena. Basically the GMs are waiting to see what exactly renewal would bring, and if they like it or not, but they can't decide until they have all the info, and that's not going to happen in the near future.

How long has this "Renewal" thing been out? I was aware that it's been around for about two to three years.
06-24-2010 05:15 PM