Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Give Blood!
mfemigh Offline

RE: Give Blood!

It doesn't really both me that much actually. It's not like giving blood is something I want to do. It's just something I would do because I should if I were able to. I used to know a gay guy that would lie about his history just so he could donate blood which I thought was really messed up of him.
07-15-2010 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'm selfish, And stickers and food don't do it for me. Sadly, I don't think there's places out there that give money for giving away your non-reproductive/non-digestive fluids.

While it's not as much as what they'd draw, having to stick my finger a few times every day for my Diabetes is enough for me.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 02:20 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-15-2010 02:19 AM
Paisley Offline

Icon_cry??Health problems, I can't.

I would if I could, though. Also, what? Gay men still can't donate blood? That's so moronic.
They're treating sexuality like a disease.
It should be if they have HIV / AIDS just like any other person, not because they're gay. The hell.
07-24-2010 07:57 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I don't trust blood giving. There were way too many incidents with tainted blood and dirty needles. Not sure I'm rdy for that O_o

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
07-24-2010 10:10 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

worse case scenario, hepatitis c witch can be cured by slow painful death.
07-25-2010 01:51 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Give Blood!

RoChickita Wrote:I don't trust blood giving. There were way too many incidents with tainted blood and dirty needles. Not sure I'm rdy for that O_o

I thought blood is being tested before it gets to the blood banks Icon_razz
at least it's like this where I live

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2010 06:49 AM by Jens.)
07-25-2010 06:48 AM
Ellisandra Offline
res ipsa loquitur

I guess RoChikita's worried about a tainted needle being stuck in her when she gives?
Because other tainted blood would have no bearing on her as a donor...unless a needle was reused on her from such a donor.

I'm 100% sure they don't reuse needles and the like at the bank I donate at, unless they go through the trouble of sending used needles back to be re-packaged, or they like, take them in the back of the office after hours and repackage them on site XD Which I highly HIGHLY doubt.

I don't know if every unit of blood gets tested or not, I know they take like two vials of blood on top of the unit and my guess is that that is tested, but on the back of the handout they give after donating it says to call them immediately if you feel sick or a fever in the next few days, just in case.

Ellisandra: 70 something priest
Kaitlyn: 80 something sniper
[Image: m8vec6bh.png]
07-25-2010 11:54 AM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

Ive had waay to many bad donating experiances. Then I got tattoos and piercings to use as an excuse not to go.

My blood type is the most common, so if a friend/family member needed blood or a body part I would be soo there.

I have a friend with the most rare type (the one that can be subsituted for any kind of blood) and he sat there for 45 mintues to give 3/4 of a bag, needless to say he didnt donate after that. The nurse on duty was terrified for him since his blood pressure was so low.
07-25-2010 12:46 PM
Ellisandra Offline
res ipsa loquitur

I understand not giving if it's a serious pain in the butt to do so. That sounds horrible for your friend, Iced. I don't think it's ever taken me more than 10 mins to fill a bag, the one double red donation that I've done took around 30 I think?

In regards to the ban on homosexuals giving blood, I found this today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/03/health...ref=health

NY times article about the ban and recent attempts to get rid of it. Here's to hoping that they do!

Ellisandra: 70 something priest
Kaitlyn: 80 something sniper
[Image: m8vec6bh.png]
08-04-2010 10:09 PM