Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eden Group Project - tl;dr ahead
Gankz Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Eden Group Project - tl;dr ahead
Jens Wrote:Way to make people even more spoiled.
In what way? I didn't know lessening the pain of grinding and giving them half decent starting gear would make people spoiled, let alone 'more' spoiled. I hope you know this is how official RO works now, even kRO.

ShadowValentine Wrote:What's the Buddy Beanie?
Search the item name in the heRO wiki.
[Image: 2ir9e0i.jpg]
Katsugankz - Spirit Monk to be
10-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Find Reply
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

Threads: 92
RE:??Eden Group Project - tl;dr ahead
Ngjoko Wrote:since it's so easy people will leave after they're done with the leveling which had been made easy and boring and life after 99 is nothing since they aren't attached to the community.

true. i still can't figure out why some people hate main so much xD
BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
10-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Find Reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Threads: 25
You're the main thing that keep main interesting, or maybe kittie and his boyfriend. :3

anyway, additional newcomer spoiling acts should maintained, if not lessened. I don't think people come to low rate just to be spoiled. I personally prefer the rate for it's challenge. +1 for heRO's community, that's another reason i stick around despite being rather inactive.
I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Find Reply
Gankz Offline

How are we spoiling new players in any way aside from that dumb hat?
10-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Find Reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Threads: 12
Gankz Wrote:How are we spoiling new players in any way aside from that dumb hat?

.. Dumb hat?

Apart from the hat, the free warp unlocks for most towns and a coupleof dungeons that come with the hat, and the other items you get at the same time (Hi2u 2x Ori and 1x Elu. That's a quick easy 50-60k right there), you mean?

... And poring cards having an 0.15% drop rate instead of the 0.03% every other card has, and being a hatter card, and therefore an easy 400k?

It's really not hard to make money here as a newbie.

I owned my Celeb Wings at 65 (6.5mil) and my Red Fairies at about 75-80 (21mil).
Hunted all the zeny myself.
Really wasn't too bad.??
Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2010, 05:59 AM by Ellie.)
10-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Find Reply
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

Threads: 92
Gankz Wrote:How are we spoiling new players in any way aside from that dumb hat?

uhh. why should new players be spoiled?
BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
10-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Find Reply
Gankz Offline

Well I didn't say much about zeny, but I suppose it's not too hard to get some easy cash.

Well regardless of that, this would at the very least make your road to second class a bit more eventful? It was a lot of fun doing the first quest, getting all the cool items, then repeating a different variation two more times after certain levels, each time getting slightly better equipment. Along with those there were quests where you would go kill a number of monsters and in return you'd get potions instead of experience. Overall it's a very nice system that kRO has created and it honestly makes first class a lot more fun than it is right now.

Split Ends Wrote:uhh. why should new players be spoiled?
I never said they should. There's a difference between throwing a bunch of stuff at a new player and setting up a system that they are free to use if they want to use it, in which they still have to work for stuff.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2010, 06:12 AM by Gankz.)
10-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Find Reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Threads: 12
Gankz Wrote:Well I didn't say much about zeny, but I suppose it's not too hard to get some easy cash.

Gankz Wrote:The buddy beanie is not "a lot" of handicaps. Sure, a couple hundred extra hp, awesome...but you're still screwed for leveling spots due to the fact that there is no way to make zeny as a new player so you're stuck with the lowest tier equipment.

Isn't the argument that first tier gear isn't the best for leveling, and although the buddy beanie is okay, there is no way to make zeny to get better equips, so we need to make new, better equips? (from your own quote directly above)

In which case, doesn't the fact that zeny ISN'T hard to get nullify the original reason?
Inasad
stop doing dickers
10-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Find Reply
Gankz Offline

Nullify one reason, yeah, but zeny being "easily" obtainable doesn't fix the problem that there's nothing to do pre-level 70 except whack monsters. Not to mention, zeny or not, having these equips readily available to new players who have no idea how the server works yet (I'm still learning about the hatter, and I wasn't aware the poring card drop rate was higher) and it allows them to just get a good base to work from. It's not like I'm coming up with these items out of thin air, they're all implemented and readily available on official servers, and just about everyone who's ever used the Eden group has a positive thing to say about it. For players that have been around the server for a while and already got past the hurdle of establishing yourself, this probably won't do a whole lot for you unless you don't have low level gear when you decide to level an alt. However for the newer players, it's something you can advertise with, not many servers have this implemented yet. Not only that but it would push people who have played the game for years to maybe join here and play? Most people like that have done the exact same thing time and time again and it's not fun anymore. I'm not quite sure how to push my point further.
10-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Find Reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

Threads: 50
We should just activate the regular item/monster hunting that officials have.
[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Find Reply