Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Results] Party Screenshot Contest
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??[Results] Party Screenshot Contest

nanae Wrote:Why so serious? lol. We were just thinking out of the box.

Edit: Summerstream, the /gg wasn't edited. We really tried to synchronize. It was quite a hard time.

Because nobody is going to see your script in the long run that accompanies your little party since you guys did not macro it in with the screenshots.

So now your screens on their own are quite...silly and don't make any sense.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-13-2010 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nanae Offline

RE: [Results] Party Screenshot Contest

Oh come on, show us some sportsmanship here.

What's sillier, you don't even have your own party and you still call our party small? Show us your "oh-wow-that-was-interesting-we-made-it-through-that-or-the-obvious-oh-wah-we-died-but-look-at-what-killed-us!" screenie first then you can call us silly.

You know what, you can take all the glories, you can be the one whose screenshot advertised on RMS (oops! I forgot you don't have any entry :3), you can even take all the prizes. We don't even care because WE WERE JUST HAVING FUN.

IGN: Soul Of Angel --> 90 HP LFP Anywhere Fun
       akachan~ --> 85 Knight
       Letoy --> 83 Hunter
       BabyDiv --> 63 Baby Alchemist
11-13-2010 01:00 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

nanae Wrote:Oh come on, show us some sportsmanship here.

What's sillier, you don't even have your own party and you still call our party small? Show us your "oh-wow-that-was-interesting-we-made-it-through-that-or-the-obvious-oh-wah-we-died-but-look-at-what-killed-us!" screenie first then you can call us silly.

You know what, you can take all the glories, you can be the one whose screenshot advertised on RMS (oops! I forgot you don't have any entry :3), you can even take all the prizes. We don't even care because WE WERE JUST HAVING FUN.

Guess what, I wasn't really playing around the time this contest was active. You are just butt hurt I don't agree that you should have won first place, and even more hurt that others feel similar to me.

You might have had fun, but this contest wasn't about how much fun necessarily there was, but instead showing off what people in our community actually do together. If your shot is what the GM's deemed the best show of that, then great, I guess, but maybe they are trying to reflect something about the community that I don't agree with.

tldr; You won, congrats, but I don't agree you should have been the big winner.

11-13-2010 01:18 PM
nanae Offline

Guess what, yes I'm butt hurted. If you weren't really playing at that time, you shouldn't bash other people's work in the first place. What would you do if it was yours which got bashed?

Another guess what, we ourselves don't even know the reason why we're picked as the winner and we're going to ask the GM as soon as one of them is online.

Our purpose makin this screenie was to show that gaming isn't all about killing monsters, gaining levels, having a perfect party with pro people, etcs. We admit that we are noobies. So we just wanted to show that noobs can also have fun. And this is the way we have fun. Maybe our definition of fun is different and I can't blame anyone for that.

Well sorry if you guys can't agree that we're the winner. But next time please keep in mind, seriously, don't bash other people's hard work.

We deeply apologize.

IGN: Soul Of Angel --> 90 HP LFP Anywhere Fun
       akachan~ --> 85 Knight
       Letoy --> 83 Hunter
       BabyDiv --> 63 Baby Alchemist
11-13-2010 01:57 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

-is personally just wondering what the points were and where they all came from-

Cause I wanna know how I managed to get third. :D

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
11-13-2010 02:07 PM
suryowijayan Offline

Grats, Soul of Angel Icon_smile
Honestly thats a sweet picture, i love it

There were so many epic pictures but they captured the sweet one.
So...congratulation
11-13-2010 02:41 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

He was saying that he was NOT playing around.

Anyway, I think that's a valid point. After all, posts don't have to be the most epic, most filled with people, etc. A picture that shows something that makes you laugh a bit NEXT to other pictures that show epic/win/awesome...I think that would make for a good combo. Perhaps that's around the lines of what the GM's were thinking and in that case, I agree with them.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-13-2010 05:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

nanae Wrote:Guess what, yes I'm butt hurted. If you weren't really playing at that time, you shouldn't bash other people's work in the first place. What would you do if it was yours which got bashed?

Another guess what, we ourselves don't even know the reason why we're picked as the winner and we're going to ask the GM as soon as one of them is online.

Our purpose makin this screenie was to show that gaming isn't all about killing monsters, gaining levels, having a perfect party with pro people, etcs. We admit that we are noobies. So we just wanted to show that noobs can also have fun. And this is the way we have fun. Maybe our definition of fun is different and I can't blame anyone for that.

Well sorry if you guys can't agree that we're the winner. But next time please keep in mind, seriously, don't bash other people's hard work.

We deeply apologize.

Hi, I'm an artist, I'm use to being told "hey you did a terrible job with this." I expect criticism and even hate towards my work instead a barrage of praise of "oh so uber kawaii, I wish I was able to think of things just like you!" If someone didn't like my shots, I'd be like "kay that's cool" and maybe ask why if they didn't share it with me. About it really.

Who said also I was looking for shots that showed only high end locations, I believe someone entered shots of a party with just HP's also, at locations HP's could kinda...perform at. That's not even necessarily pro, but it shows that they know how to have fun too. Abyss nor Odins are high end locations, but they are decent for newer players to party at.

Like I said, GM's seem to have a different idea of what should have won this contest. The image you made is the one they want to exemplify for heRO (even if I do not agree with that). You won, take your prize and gloat, at the same time, be ready that some people don't think this was the BEST shot to display as a winner to also say so. You're also getting just as much praise for the shot being humorous, even though I don't agree it was that either.

At the end of the day, don't say sorry to anyone, that's the worst thing to choose to do if you feel that strongly about the work you supposedly have put into this contest to win it. ;o

11-13-2010 06:30 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

By high end I was being fairly broad but I agree with what you mean.

Indeed, though some of us may dis-agree, if you liked what you did and feel proud of doing what you set out to do (which it seems that you did), then I think it's fine to be sorry that the other person doesn't like it, but stay strong! Need not apologize for the work itself...especially true when you have won! Icon_biggrin

Also again I'm still serious about those who choose/get the Scroll Pack, I'm interested in getting some of those from you! Icon_biggrin

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-13-2010 07:13 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I'm just curious how they decided the winners & the order of placing.
11-14-2010 12:02 AM