Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Items to Encourage Forging
Ruon Offline

Items to Encourage Forging

The server is lacking in forgers. I only see like 2 or 3 of them and the weapon selection isn't large anymore.

Elemental weapons are extremely important in a server that does not allow multi clienting but at the same time, making a pure forger build in a server like that will be extremely difficult/boring.

(I support non-multi clienting, in fact that's the reason I play here.)

Right now there's a shortage of forged elemental weapons.

Anyway, I would like to suggest some items to encourage forger builds.

Item Suggestion A:

Name: Forger's Garb
Type: Garment
Def : 1
Desc:

A garment worn by forgers. Proficiency in weapon making increases wearer's combat abilities.

Effect:

If Base Luck > 85, then Crit + 30, Perfect Dodge + 25
If Base Dex > 80, then Atk + 75, Flee + 35

Availability : Sold at Alberta Armor NPC for 250k~600k.

Item Suggestion B:

Name: Forger's Dagger
Type: Dagger, Weapon Lv. 4
Attk: 120

Desc:

Has a special hilt. Proficiency in weapon making increases wielder's combat abilities.

If Base Luck > 80, Then Crit + 30, HP+600
If Base Dex > 90, Then ASPD + 15%, HP+600

Availability : Sold at Alberta Weapon NPC @ 700k

Note: It's a dagger so you won't have to worry about Smith buffs, players will focus on Smithing skills.

Item Suggestion C:

Name: Forger's Ring
Type: Accessory
Req: Lv. 70
Def: 1

Desc: A ring for forgers. Wearing it makes you feel pwrfl. (Please include this in the actual text >_>)

Ring worn by forgers.
If Base Luk > 75, Then Agi + 10, Str+10.
If Base Dex > 85, Then Agi + 15, Str+10.

Availability: Alberta Armor NPC @ 990k

Name: Forger's Armguard
Type: Accessory
Def: 2

Desc: Worn by forgers for additional protection.

Effect: 15% Chance to cast Heal Lv. 2 on self when taking damage.

Availability: 1% Drop Rate from Pitman.

-The said items are Smith-only items.
-The Base Luk/Dex requirement are there so that they can only be enjoyed by forgers.
-They're readily available in the NPCs, it's hassle free but still expensive.
-The said gears are aimed at builds using 90 Dex, 90 Luk, 50 Agi.
They should have enough Flee, survivavility and ASPD and power with these gears to become high level enough to forge but at the same time, still not enough HP and raw Str to become imbalanced.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 11:31 PM by Ruon.)
01-08-2011 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Items to Encourage Forging

No people don't forge here because its hardly profitable enough.
If your success rates are not consistent you actually stand to lose more than you gain. You're constantly having to buy steel/ori/iron/gems but with mining becoming less profitable to do in a long term period the prices on those said items has risen, but the price of forged items hasn't went up as much based on the changed prices.

People want to pay the older prices from like a year ago but the truth of the matter is the prices from a year ago have changed. xP

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-08-2011 11:51 PM
Ange Offline

Or just go to the friendly neighborhood resetter and exchange your left arm and your firstborn child for a reset.
Also, there is a weapon that increases in attack based on how many forging skills you know.
01-09-2011 01:15 AM
Ruon Offline

Will increased material drop rate help then?
01-09-2011 05:00 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Drop rate material is already easily available than Officials thanks to mining.

Let's be honest, GMs will probably never accept any changes to this system, or if they do, it won't be as radical as yours.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-09-2011 06:24 AM
Ruon Offline

I guess I have no choice but to make my own weapons.
01-09-2011 06:32 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Or make a buying post in the market section (Buy / Trade) and give an encouraging price - one which will guarantee a zeny gain for a forger.

For example, you want a VVS Fire Damascus, unranked.

The cost of a single attempt for a forge would be (I inflated those, but it is GOOD to inflate if I want to buy and do not deliver the components):

60 * steel at 3k = 180k
Flame Heart at 20k = 20k
2* Star Crumb at 10k = 20k
---

Assume that some people won't attempt to forge anything not having a guarantee of being able to botch at least 2 tries (that was my baseline on a different server).

So: the cost is 220k * 3 = 660k

Add about ~100k profit on top of that: ~750k

Bear in mind the above might be a low end price for a VVS Fire Damascus.
---

So if you make a post:

'B> VVS fire damascus for 750k' you may get a forger willing to sell it to you - I wouldn't even bother answering if it was below some minimum price. If the starting price is 'decent' or you write in a thread that you are willing to negotiate there is a chance that a forger might give their counter-offer in your thread.

Or, indeed, you can make your own forger.

[EDIT: Correction of horrible grammar due to accidential submitting]

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 07:10 AM by Irxallis.)
01-09-2011 07:04 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I think the alchemists wouldn't mind if they could wear those gears, if they didn't have Homunculus to do all the non-job leveling for them.

On a side note, if you can't afford what's currently in the vends, there is always the cheap NPC elemental daggers ( Link to see the daggers) in einbroch's weapon shop for 10 k each. They can be equipped at any level (one thing that's better than Ele Stilleto), and by most classes that can equip daggers (for some reason ninja cannot). I often see vendors trying to Vend those for way more than the NPC sells them for.

If one is new, and they are desperate for an elemental weapon, I find these tend to last me until I can get the money to upgrade my equips.

Ange Wrote:Or just go to the friendly neighborhood resetter and exchange your left arm and your firstborn child for a reset.
Also, there is a weapon that increases in attack based on how many forging skills you know.

I assume you're talking about the Veteran's Axe? How often do we get parties that venture far enough away from Nameless to kill Duneyrr frequent enough for those to be anywhere near cheap? Also, with as little str as they have, if they're going to attack with it, every refine is going to count with that weapon. Especially when they get an extra 5 damage for each refine. And assuming they're sticking pure forger the whole way through, Getting to 80's to reach the lvl requirement going to take a while without leechers.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 03:35 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-09-2011 03:30 PM
Ruon Offline

A VVS Elemental Damascus would be 1.2 mil in other low rate servers.
I personally wouldn't mind paying 400k per Pike.
01-10-2011 07:47 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Well, yes; I was more used to 1 ~ 1.5 mln zeny per damascus as well before I landed on HeRO.

HeRO was more used to 500k per ranked damascus (400k unranked) and that is why forgers stopped forging after Mining was nerfed.

I have no idea how much a pike would be, never played a swordie class, but try making that post in market section. If there is any forger left there and you give a decent price, I am more than sure both of you will profit :-).

If you won't get a response and you gather materials I can try to get a friend of mine (who kind of stopped playing - no guarantee I make it) online to make you a weapon. He isn't a good forger (expect lots of tries - so not really cost-effective), and is definitely NOT ranked but if there is no other option...

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
01-10-2011 08:21 AM