Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bringing back the good cards to OCA
Shikari Offline
Br?

Threads: 50
RE: bringing back the good cards to OCA
Regardless, I may stock up on OCA's from now on, jic.
[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
RO is a game that changes, evolves, some things get removed, other things get added. There's plenthy of things the new players have now that the old ones didn't. Nameless, Moscovia, Thor, homunculi, buddy beanie, field manual, etc.
10-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

Threads: 48
wow :/

first of all, as i have mentioned, the removal of the cards was because of the official's change and it was because they added a fucking new way to obtain the card wherein they made it exclusive in cash shops, we don't have that but the server decided to take the change without adding the replacement item that the official server had to obtain the item
There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
RE:????bringing back the good cards to OCA
takhara Wrote:
Child of Bodom Wrote:
azurerogue Wrote:Oh man, older players in an MMO have a gear-based advantage over newer players???That's considered broken???Call Blizzard, call Square Enix, call ArenaNet...??WE'VE GOT TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY'RE DOIN' IT WRONG!

They have a gear based advantage that they got through something that was super easy to obtain. As Adrliff said He could get 6 OCA's just by clicking one cell. GR cards arnt the best card ever but the ability to tank asuras and AD make it rather unfair of how easy it was to get them 3 years ago compared to today

Thank you for explaining this. Whistle

So letting everyone have GRs makes the game better? Nope, not really. Your suggestion is akin to saying that if anything was ever more convenient or easier than it is now, we should never change it (even if it's abusable) so that new players can have an equal chance to abuse a broken system. You're asking them GMs to ignore problems with long-term impact so that new players don't feel cheated. Too bad, things change. Sorry.

It's not like every old player has a GR - I used to fish all the time back then and I never got a GR. Some people got multiple - some people got none. Sorry you missed it - go kill GR, you'll feel more accomplished anyways.
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Threads: 57
Well why didnt you say that when everyone was getting GR's? Seems like no one complained about it til after it was gone. And the people who gained from it or have your opinion said suck it up to the people who didnt gain from it. Im not saying we should still have it im saying it should never have been so easy to obtain in the first place, leaving the people who are new or didnt get shit from it hanging out to dry.

The reason it was official was not alot of servers had as easily obtainable OCA's as hero did. The GR amount would have been much lower if we didnt have fishing dropping ocas at such a large rate.

I just feel like maybe more people should have had to farm it instead of getting it this way is all.
Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2011, 11:57 PM by Child of Bodom.)
10-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
I did say that when GR was in OCAs... so not sure what more you want from me.
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Find Reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Threads: 255
And I think a lot of them have gone with the veterans that have quit from that day in age as well.
10-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Find Reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

If I did a lottery where 40 people could win $100 right now no one would complain. As soon as someone new joins they'll complain about not getting a chance at the $100. ._. its just how it works.

10-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Find Reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Threads: 53
I just enjoy how that people complain about the 'vetran' years and the people who abused the system.

Now that we're having the HeRO birthday let's talk about the people that are still online that were around for birthdays 3 or 2 or even 1. You talk about the evils of the veterans like there's 200 of us running around making the rest of you cry. There are possibly MAYBE 5 veterans that are still active. If you're getting really creative with that list you're going to have 10 or 15. And out of those 10-15 players, not all of us are Bloody and have MvP cards just sitting around in storage because we do nothing but farm and farm and farm.

Not all people that were online during those updates have GR's.

You're just complaining that you don't have one.

Join the club.

Or do what everyone else that complains about not having good gears does- join DoE or whatever the group is that's anti-behe that has a tendancy to hand out good items and gears to whoever hangs out with them, and then just steal it from people that retire. Seriously- who here has actually been there when the GR that you own dropped? Most of the people who have GR's have inherited them, so just make friends with someone who has one, and then try to make them quit.

As for Albus' very first response, I agree with his. EVERY MMO has this element within it. The development company makes something, the players use it, and then the development company decides to change it. People that were there for the origional release are given whatever it was, and anyone that was not online during that is out of luck, and they don't get it.

Albus was trying to say this, but the sarcasm seemed to miss you-
"Welcome to MMO's. Every single MMO is like this. People that play longer than you have an advantage. Get use to it."

I'm sorry that you didn't get that the first time around, but hopefully with this Albus to English translation you'll be able to get his comment.
10-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Find Reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE:??bringing back the good cards to OCA
Adrillf Wrote:Join the club.

Or do what everyone else that complains about not having good gears does- join DoE or whatever the group is that's anti-behe that has a tendancy to hand out good items and gears to whoever hangs out with them, and then just steal it from people that retire.

Lol, really?

10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Find Reply