Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Client crashing! ;w;
Marabelle Offline
~ Bubbly Belle ~

Sad Client crashing! ;w;

Maybe someone here can help me...
You see I seem to be having trouble with my RO client. I can get to the patcher without problem but when clicking 'start' the game screen loads for three seconds (no black screen, it is transparent with)... then it crashes without warning. It refuses to load. I've been having this issue for a few days now. Restarting the computer is not working. I'm on vista (if that helps any; though I already adjusted the compatibility setting the first day I installed RO...)

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. Ok
02-13-2012 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Megattica Offline
Shana Buzzkill

RE: Client crashing! ;w;

You may want to try running the patcher, and if you don't have any luck there, re-install the client altogether. I've experienced this problem many a time, and this method usually works for me.

"With each foul beast I sink my blade into, my mercilessness
grew. I had power, and I could use it to stop whoever, or
whatever I wished. I dropped the guise of Megattica and
took my birthname back. I am Shana. Shana Buzzkill."
02-27-2012 08:52 AM
Deviluke Offline
Celestial Mistress

I vaguely remember having a problem like this when I used to play hero on another computer, which is a Vista. I think I remember fixing it by going into the hero folder, opening up Setup and changing the Graphics driver/card that was being listed in the very first drop down menu. If that doesn't work then maybe right clicking the no death client (also in the hero folder) and running it as administrator might fix it. Sorry if either of those don't work, I really don't know much about Vista but figured I'd try.

[Image: 2hyffgw.png]
02-27-2012 08:55 PM
Lena Away
No one

Vista can be a pain in the butt sometimes >:o

You can try checking to see if your antivirus/firewall is messing with it, otherwise try running the client as an admin (you can right click it, go to properties and there should be an option to have it always run as an admin). Speaking of programs, do you have others running when you try to load up hero? for some reason my hero client freezes up when i "allow" something to go (for example if I were to update java and the little allow window shows up).

Another thing you could try is running task manager and seeing how long the process runs until it crashes and dies :o vista has a knack for doing that with alot of programs (My version of vista likes to destroy skype <Icon_smile that way you can try and see what's interfering with the client x3 If all else fails, you'll have to do as the previous persons have said and re-install hero :c Best of luck to you, fellow vista user ;w;
02-27-2012 11:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sorry that no GM has gotten back to you before. If neither of the things these nice players suggested help, please create a support ticket.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-28-2012 02:41 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

That's because I have faith in players suggesting fixes, too. Icon_razz

If something had been horribly wrong or a base suggestion missed, I'd have jumped in and posted it. ;D

Power to the players!

*pulls out lute* Reduce, reduce, reduce GM work!

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

02-29-2012 12:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply