Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BattleGround
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Threads: 21
BattleGround
Would it be possible to lower the minimal attendance needed for BattleGround. For instance, allow it to happen despite being a 1vs1 or 2vs2.

1. This will not penalize players who play outside of the server time zone, when most of the regular BG'ers, or those who take part in BG to participate in it despite only having less than 6 people registering for BG.

2. Keep the economy running, each BG round cost me about 250k+ (Pots, ressource and 50k Registration.

3. Less cancelled BG = less QQ... For instance... having 6 people at sitting outside of Izlude, 1 forgets to register... all the other 5 HAVE to miss BG because of one player?!
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
RE: BattleGround
1v1 BG would be silly. Also, let's just remove the 50k zeny cost - BG already requires consumables - why do we have to pay for it? We can manage inflation without making every NPC into a zeny sink of some kind.
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Find Reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Threads: 53
RE:??BattleGround
azurerogue Wrote:We can manage inflation without making every NPC into a zeny sink of some kind.

Yes, by donating to the "Help a starving NOOB" foundation.

For only 1,000 z a day, you can help a starving noob.

There are over one billion noobs in the world today that don't know how to gear or grind, just look at these sad photos of them.
[Image: hungry-children.jpg]
[Image: starving-children.jpg]
[Image: bush.jpg]

Just think, that for only a little more than the healer, you can help save a noob. For just a little less than some of the drops that you grind on, you can help gear a lost soul that runs around screaming "zny plz".

There's a lot of noobs out there, but every one makes a difference.
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Find Reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Threads: 54
I'd rather donate to that cute little Chung E pet then Icon_sad
Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Fabre Offline
Novangel

Threads: 43
to help on costs for bg i dont use foods, at all. no point really, we all die in pvp-so iether i die on the cheap or at the loss of the money i could use to play the next bg. but i would like to not loose keys when folk for get to register, although not sure how the forgetiing thing works since your there for the bg. lol.
luvs.
"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
04-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Find Reply
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Threads: 29
mmm 50k is not much really.
Also Fabre I agree on keeping consumables to a minimum but some classes(such as a wizard or a creator) can benefit hugely from cheap foods, and in the context where that 10kz food might give them a hell of a lot better chance to win it makes sense to :3.

And yes it is EXTREMELY annoying when you use a key and people don't show up to BG. Then again agree that 1 vs 1 BG would be stupid :|
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
04-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Find Reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Threads: 11
BG is already a monkey sink from the main game. >>;

Least there's one more level until the trololol fun :3 (Kehehe~)
[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
04-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Find Reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
Dear Albus,
no matter how much i love men in hats and your posts in general, i have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.
1. There is no such thing as "too much zeny sunk" in RO - zeny is so easy to farm from HWs, mavka, etc it's just silly.
2. plus, even at 50k a pop, assuming 1-1 W/L ratio you would get really good gears just by spending around 5m... That's a real nice investment.
3. imho the 50k cost is there to make sure that players have an incentive to pot, use consumables etc. lest they risk losing that initial 50k pot outright.

W

PS: B> even moar zeny sunk in the BG area by placing warper npc, bank npc, healer npc, and pvp warper npc Ok
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Find Reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Threads: 255
RE: ??BattleGround
Adrillf Wrote:
azurerogue Wrote:We can manage inflation without making every NPC into a zeny sink of some kind.

Yes, by donating to the "Help a starving NOOB" foundation.

For only 1,000 z a day, you can help a starving noob.

There are over one billion noobs in the world today that don't know how to gear or grind, just look at these sad photos of them.
[Image: hungry-children.jpg]
[Image: starving-children.jpg]
[Image: bush.jpg]

Just think, that for only a little more than the healer, you can help save a noob. For just a little less than some of the drops that you grind on, you can help gear a lost soul that runs around screaming "zny plz".

There's a lot of noobs out there, but every one makes a difference.
pro troll is pro. Is that bush photo supposed to be one of the noobs? He's one of the rich noobs already!
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 10:34 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Find Reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Threads: 53
He might be rich in real life, but real life is in no way related to noob status. Just look at some of the billionare zenny owners on this server. Just because they're billionares, doesn't mean that they're not noobs in real life.

But yes, help out noobs. Donate to the cause.
04-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Find Reply